Papa Johns Pizza

Options
Shannibal
Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
Papa Johns states that they will serve 8 million slices of pizza today. Per their website, the lightest pizza is the plain cheese at 250 calories per slice. If all that was ordered was the plain cheese, that would be 2 billion calories or 572,429 pounds worth of pizza. And that is just Papa Johns alone. No wonder coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death in the USA.

Replies

• jwalker30
    Options
    At 250 calories a slice, Papa Johns in actually not that bad
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Compared to others, no, but you get the point.
    At 250 calories a slice, Papa Johns in actually not that bad
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Huh, I thought the Thin-Delite pizza wsa under 250 a slice for plain.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Papa Johns states that they will serve 8 million slices of pizza today. Per their website, the lightest pizza is the plain cheese at 250 calories per slice. If all that was ordered was the plain cheese, that would be 2 billion calories or 572,429 pounds worth of pizza. And that is just Papa Johns alone. No wonder coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death in the USA.

It actually sounds pretty disgusting when you say it like that, shows how bad eating habits have become in the developed world :sick:
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Mmm thanks now I want pizza! lol
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    If people only ate pizza on Super Bowl Sunday, we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic. The problem is the people who eat it three or four times a week. I know. I used to be one of those people. :/
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Huh, I thought the Thin-Delite pizza wsa under 250 a slice for plain.
    I think that's Papa Murphys....and it is.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    If people only ate pizza on Super Bowl Sunday, we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic. The problem is the people who eat it three or four times a week. I know. I used to be one of those people. :/

Ya I agree. :)
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Papa Johns pizza taste like crap anyways.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend works for PapaJohn's and is a healthy guy... he hates working there on this day! One day on Christmas he had to work, and believe it or not people ordered pizza on Christmas... -_-! He said something depressin too... he said right after new years it is kinda empty at work (new years resolutions to lose weight), but around February everyone's back there cause they give up so fast... Crazy
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    It's not the calories, but look at the sodium!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend works for PapaJohn's and is a healthy guy... he hates working there on this day! One day on Christmas he had to work, and believe it or not people ordered pizza on Christmas... -_-! He said something depressin too... he said right after new years it is kinda empty at work (new years resolutions to lose weight), but around February everyone's back there cause they give up so fast... Crazy

Believe it or not, not everyone celebrates Christmas. :)

I've lost 26 pounds since September and pizza has been on the menu many times. Pizza doesn't make us fat. Too much pizza makes us fat.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    250! man I have been counting 290 a slice all this time! LOL I agree that americans deff nee dto think more about health. But I do not think pizza is that bad every once in a while. lol tell me why there is an add for Papa Johns on the side right now! SMH @ Google! but @Sammy yea we only celebrate biblical holydays so we actualy have had PJ pizza for thanksgiving two years in a row! Would stink to have to work when you wanna be home tho! I actualy am in a hotel ight now waiting for my hubby to get back from helping ppl move and he doenst know when he will be back so he told me to get something delived.. umm i think that leaves pizza? Dont even really want any.
  • SammyPacks
    Options

Believe it or not, not everyone celebrates Christmas. :)

I've lost 26 pounds since September and pizza has been on the menu many times. Pizza doesn't make us fat. Too much pizza makes us fat.

I'm aware people don't celebrate Christmas, my boyfriend doesn't hence why he worked that day, lol.

And I just had pizza the other night, Papa John Pizza at that xD! It was yummy <3
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Is there some kind of link between pizza and coronary artery disease that I didn't know about?