Most Romantic Thing?

Options

Replies

• angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    so, so many..the romantic cabin in the woods he booked as a surprise.
    the surprise second honeymoon he booked
    he is always doing things, and I am blessed..
    9 years married :)
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Romance? We don't do romance. We do fun!

He took me skydiving. It meant a lot to me because my father was dying of cancer and my life was upside down. Skydiving is something I'd wanted to do and he absolutely did not. But he decided I needed it. And he was right. Free falling when life is falling apart is amazing and helps put things in perspective. I highly recommend it.

For us, that is love. Doing things for each other--living life together--means more than anything.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Every day he does sweet things! He likes to take me out to dinner, cleans the kitchen after every time I make dinner, surprise-cleans my car, tells me how wonderful and beautiful I am, takes wonderful care of my pets, leaves me love notes, works out with me....every day is romantic! :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately when I was in a relationship, my ex didn't know how to be romantic at all. So I never had real romantic dinners initiated by him.

But now that I'm single... Well I have a few things that I really like doing or enjoying. I like the small, sutle romantic things such giving me compliments, writing a letter or note just because, etc. But I live on the beach and so taking walks on the beach and talking for hours would probably be romantic for me. I like surprises too so for me anything is good and I'll be up for anything. :)
  • KSOwen1
    Options
    Chains do not hold a marriage (relationship) together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~Simone Signoret - IMO each thread is an act of romance. The times my husband would visit my grandpa on his own, without me. - The cedar hope chest he built me in 12th grade - The time he stopped along the road on his way home from working midnights and picked a few flowers for me - When he built an elaborate snowman with our 3 year old - The days I watched him come home from work and go right to our building site to work on the house that he built with his own two hands... in 28 years there are more romantic threads than I can count, hundreds of tiny threads. Happy Valentines Day Rich! I <3 U.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    For me it has nothing to do with flowers and chocolate.

A while ago, I had my furnace break, and all this stuff go wrong. At one point, I called my bf in tears because I couldn't even put gas in my car to drive to him (he was living 1.5hr away).So he came down to stay with me. In the morning I had to work, so he just left whenever he went home. I got back from work that night, and my kitchen had been cleaned, I had basic groceries in my fridge anda card left on the table. In it was a gas gift card and one for groceries, and in the card it said "you deserve this, love you".

Super sweet!
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    Chains do not hold a marriage (relationship) together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~Simone Signoret - IMO each thread is an act of romance. The times my husband would visit my grandpa on his own, without me. - The cedar hope chest he built me in 12th grade - The time he stopped along the road on his way home from working midnights and picked a few flowers for me - When he built an elaborate snowman with our 3 year old - The days I watched him come home from work and go right to our building site to work on the house that he built with his own two hands... in 28 years there are more romantic threads than I can count, hundreds of tiny threads. Happy Valentines Day Rich! I <3 U.

:heart:
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I once dated a guy who invited me over to his place for Valentines day. I showed up and on the door was a note saying 'come in'. I opened the door and there were rose petals on the floor which lead all the way to the bedroom. When I open that door, I saw the words 'i love you' in petals on the bed (it was the first time he ever said that to me). He was sitting on the bed and handed me a box. It was a key to his apartment. He said it was so I would know that I was always welcomed.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    My hubby is almost deathly afraid of the sea. He can't swim and he is afraid of drowning.

He took a few days off work and said pack some nice clothes for a few days we are touring South Florida. He took me from Orlando, to Tampa, Isabel Island with the big shells, to the Keys....
    I love jet skiing and wanted him to come with me, He actually did!!! I drove the jet ski out to the sea with his eyes closed, then when I turned around towards the beach he opened them. He still freaked out, but was trying to hold it in for me. I thought that was pretty romantic of him (to face one of his biggest fears just to share a beautiful moment with me) ((sigh, and fanning self)) how sweet!!!

Then we drove back up to our town hitting a few nice restaurants and hotels and taking plenty of pictures on the way :love:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I think anything a woman does to go out of her way is romantic.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Probably not the most romantic thing he's ever done for me, but it's up there along with all the others.

This morning my husband and I said 'see you later' and he left for 10 weeks (for work), and when I returned home from dropping him off at the airport, I walked into our bedroom and found a card, a gift, and his bottle of cologne on my pillow. Sometimes the little things, warm the heart in a big way when we least expect them!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I once dated a guy who invited me over to his place for Valentines day. I showed up and on the door was a note saying 'come in'. I opened the door and there were rose petals on the floor which lead all the way to the bedroom. When I open that door, I saw the words 'i love you' in petals on the bed (it was the first time he ever said that to me). He was sitting on the bed and handed me a box. It was a key to his apartment. He said it was so I would know that I was always welcomed.
    Wow, I know that must have worked.
    Guys, take notes?

Here's another great idea.
    Thanks for sharing this!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Uhhh it has been so long. I think the most romantic thing a guy has ever done for me was to leave flowers on my car. That was way back in HS, though.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Probably not the most romantic thing he's ever done for me, but it's up there along with all the others.

This morning my husband and I said 'see you later' and he left for 10 weeks (for work), and when I returned home from dropping him off at the airport, I walked into our bedroom and found a card, a gift, and his bottle of cologne on my pillow. Sometimes the little things, warm the heart in a big way when we least expect them!!

What a sweet thing! How long have you guys been married?
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Gave me an amazing head to toe full body massage with candles and music, then after...it was all about me, didn't ask for anything in return.
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow, I know that must have worked.
    Guys, take notes?

Here's another great idea.
    Thanks for sharing this!

Awwww!
  • FatNurseSlim
    Options
    The first thing that springs into my mind is

A few months back I was depressed ( combination of my contraception pill & family issues) and basically a zombie I was in bed crying all day then working a block of night shifts . I woke up one evening and my fiancé wasn't home but there was a hug bouquet of roses on the table with a note saying .,'just because I love you' it's only the second time he'd ever got me flowers and it was about then that I realised I needed to snap out of it and stop putting him through hell as we'll as myself!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Remembering my birthday with a candle in a muffin, when I was flat out on my back, sick and weak.
  • emilysheafit
    emilysheafit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think the most romantic thing I did,my ex-wife went out of town for five days,on the day she returned,I made a romantic dinner for her with wine and candles with an italian theme in the room and I gave her a gift for everyday she was gone.Played music and wrote her a poem.We had such a great night.

Awww...
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    my husband writes me apology letters, when ever he knows he has done something stupid, he writes me beautiful apology letters, telling me how much he really does appreciate me and loves me and so on, one of them was about 3 pages long lol, i loved it, it is sad that no one really writes letters anymore