22 lbs in 6 weeks

Options
I started a lifestyle change one week after Christmas 2011. For about 3 years I had gained too much weight, up to 262lbs. Prior to this time I was living a vegetarian lifestyle for about a year and I was thrilled with the results. I have been refraining from any meat unless I am in a setting outside home that might make the situation a little strained. In a month and a half I have eating probably about 6 oz of meat. For the most part I eat vegetables, fruits, nuts, some vegetarian dishes like vegetarian pasta dishes WTS. I have noticed I feel much better having lost 22 lbs so far, I am not so winded going up the stairs, I handle stress better. My goal is 180 lbs ...

To all striving to meet a goal... keep up the good work.

Replies

• Julie2402
    Options
    Hi, 22lbs in 6 weeks, that is fabulous, well done and good luck for the future. x
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome! keep up the good work, u r a inspration to me as ive just started.
  • lynnjunior
    Options
    Awesome Job - keep up the GREAT work!!:drinker:
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Hi, this is very inspiring, since I am in my third week and have lost only 2. But I have lost an inch on my waist and 1.5 inches on my hips. So I guess it's the muscle weighs more than fat thing. But I need to ask you, do you exercise? I exercise an hour hard every day and I am toning up a bit, but not losing very fast.
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great work!! I have decided I would like to incorporate more vegetarian dishes into my life as well.

Good for you.
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Very well done! There will probably be a load of comments from peeps telling you more than 2lbs per week is not healthy but at 260 SW, it's inevitable that you will lose more early on.

Keep up the good work and glad you are enjoying the Vegetarian diet from a fellow veggie :)
  • its4me62
    Options
    WOW! That's great I hope in 6weeks I can say the same,Good Luck stay forus and we All will hit our target weight .
  • eolivero
    Options
    Kindred spirits. I saw a picture of myself on Christmas morning (see profile) and decided it was time to lose some wieght. It's never fun giving up comfort foods, but I do feel better. It's nice to be able to tie your shoes without holding your breath! My goal is to be 185 lbs again. See you there soon enough!
  • Scottnichola
    Options
    To answer the person about exercise. I have a nice elliptical and do cardio about 4 hours a week. Sometimes I will do 30 min twice a day. Perhaps no weight loss is related to excessive salt intake. The body will hold water to dilute the sodium if it is too high. I am not a nutrition professional and suggest a little research on the subject may be beneficial. Salt is the one element that frustrates me.... I can be right on everything on MFP and be very high (up to 150% of target) on sodium....
  • Scottnichola
    Options
    To answer the person about exercise. I have a nice elliptical and do cardio about 4 hours a week. Sometimes I will do 30 min twice a day. Perhaps no weight loss is related to excessive salt intake. The body will hold water to dilute the sodium if it is too high. I am not a nutrition professional and suggest a little research on the subject may be beneficial. Salt is the one element that frustrates me.... I can be right on everything on MFP and be very high (up to 150% of target) on sodium....
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    stick with it!

as you get closer to your goal weight you will start to slow down on the weight loss but you will start to feel better and be stronger.

good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!