Starting Over

Options
Been here before and did well with it - lost 6 lbs! But life got in my way and I left the love of my life and moved out and you know how stressful break ups and the changes that go with it can be! I am back where I started!

So I am starting over fresh and new in more ways than one (new apt on the 1st and new attitude!) Here's to finishing what I start this time!

Replies

• Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome back...............:happy:
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am so there with you...I have been derailed by my own give a darn (apparently, it is broken). But I know the price of a broken heart. It is so hard to remember that your identity is your own.

I am back with a new attitude as well. Everyone is here to support you and give you whatever you need!

Welcome back. Let me know how I can help.
  • kaelin_boi
    kaelin_boi Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow - I could've written your post word for word... I'm "restarting" (for the 2nd time) after going through a break-up and moving and all that (not-so) fun stuff. Welcome back and know there are people here to support you!
  • groovegoddess
    Options
    Welcome back and I am starting here again too!

Now is the time to totally focus on yourself, by taking care, loving yourself and giving your body the nourishment it needs. Our bodies directly relate to what's going on inside emotionally, some people eat for comfort or as an unconscious way to keep other's away, protecting ourselves with all that extra weight. Myself, I go through different ways of emotional eating when I go through a painful break up. I starve and have no appetite! The only good thing about my past breakup is that I lost all my weight and looked amazing when I saw the ex again!

Anyway, I wish I could have that body again! I have now gone through another emotional eating habit because of a slight bout of depression and I have never in my life weighed this much where none of my clothes fit. When I was on here in March I was committed to getting healthy,( as I was going have to fit into a bikini in Bahamas), and did quite well and was happy to see results. But since returning my busy work lifestyle took over and I gained everything back.

I have now quit one job to focus on my life's passions and to have more time for me and to take care of my body. From today on I am focusing on myself and what makes me happy and I look forward to having my body back!

Good luck with everything! And remember that you are the most important person in your life! Focus on yourself and what makes you happy and congratulations on this new chapter in your life! May it be full of love life, beauty, joy and full of passion!

Love and light

Tanya
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • madair801
    madair801 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! We are all here for the same thing. Support is the best friend anyone can have!
  • rosehaven
    rosehaven Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I know how well this website works! Even without adding any additional exercise (except for some walking here and there) I lost 6 lbs just from being conscious of what I ate by tracking it meal by meal! Over the last couple of months, I just couldn't be bothered and stopped paying attention. I wouldn't say I went way overboard with the emotional eating, but I did have a few "who cares" moments where chips and dip were at the forefront! I'm a fan of Jillian Michaels and she's talked about the stress hormone coritsol (?) and how it puts weight on your belly. I see the evidence of that for sure. Two more weeks and I will be settled in my new life and on my way. In the mean time, I will do my best to get outside everyday for a brisk walk and/or rollerblade and continue with tracking my meals.

See you all around the boards!