SUPER BOWL HELP

Options
I'm going to a party today and I'm expecting a HUGE amount of food and alcohol. These people love to drink and eat (and so do I :blushing: ) Anyway, I got my workout in and I've had a pretty good week.. I'm really worried about sabotaging it all today. If anyone has any tips for me they would be greatly appreciated! hope everyone is doing wonderful!

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The fact that you already worked out is a good sign. I like to get an extra workout in when I know there will be tasty food coming my way.

I know a lot of fans are bringing veggie trays to parties so they can eat something low cal.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am picking the food skipping the alcohol.
  • jobie4153
    Options
    Eat something before going. Don't sit directly in front of the food. Nurse your drink (s). Concentrate on the game. GO PATS!
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    Come over to my house, Superbowl and plain ricecakes, you will love it <3
  • Lululuv
    Lululuv Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about that a lot today. I plan on eating and drinking of course, but my plan of attack is to take a veggie tray and try to a least fill up on Veggies first. In fact, i read an article earlier that said do not go hungry to a SB party. Try to eat a healthy meal at home first (of course i know this can be hard if the party lasts all day and into the evening). The drinking part is hard. I just try not to do it. But you could try a diet mixed with something, or one of the lower calorie beers?? Oh, and I think I'll feel much better about it since I got in a pretty good workout this morning.
  • JAM7791
    JAM7791 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili! Try to stay awayyyy from the wings! Luck!
  • Gwommit
    Options
    Plan before you go. Take some healthy food with you. Drink heaps of water, the alcohol won't be as attractive. Have a small sample of the party food so you don't feel like you have completely missed out but then stop. It will only be an issue if you keep going. For Pizza / Desert cut the slice in half, minimise the damage. You be the winner this superbowl. Wake up tomorrow morning feeling like a champion.
  • kate_mariebug
    Options
    very sweet. thank you so much :)
  • kate_mariebug
    Options
    this made me smile :) thank you for the sweetness and support.
  • kate_mariebug
    Options
    i love you all. thank you so much, going to try my very hardest. best wishes for everyone else at their super bowl parties. and everyone dont forget to ENJOY YOURSELF. we all deserve it <3
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    And try to remember it's about friends and fellowship-not food. The food is there, but it doesn't need to be the center of attention.

Have fun!
  • Lululuv
    Lululuv Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Another thing. I just took a nutritional course and the presenter mentioned that if you eat an apple before a big meal you are less likely to over eat. It's related to the fiber and a fiber rich diet helps over eating. It couldn't hurt to try.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to the Superbowl party. I started 8 days ago and this is my first time to look it in the face and win. It might be my first Superbowl in 20 years where i dont drink beer. Celery and water, yummy
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    when ever i go somewhere i know there is a lot of food i bring a half cup measure, that way i know how much of something i ate....also avoid things with sauces or dips or cheese lol

also when ever i drink i have things like rum and diet coke, 100 cals each :)
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Its the SuperBowl, the Giants are playing and calories don't count! ENJOY! It's 1 day a year!

PS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    drink LOTS of water...eat something before you go...and splurge a little bit...but do it in moderation. Have one or two of the things that you absolutely LOVE..but dont overdo it..nurse them, take small bites and eat slowly. That's my game plan at least, as well as having planned ahead and worked out a bunch more this week before and planning more for the week after
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Its the SuperBowl, the Giants are playing and calories don't count! ENJOY! It's 1 day a year!

PS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!

Agree with everything you said! Go Eli!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Animal Planet! Puppy Bowl!
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I got an extra-long workout in. I'm also skipping the alcohol today and sticking with club soda.

This year, we decided that instead of the usual chicken, chips, cheesecake and fries, we're cooking a few gourmet--and healthier--items for enjoying during the Super Bowl. So it's going to be lamb sliders, bison burger bites, stuffed mushrooms and fruit cups.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options

PS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!

Yep...agree!

I just try to eat less than I used to of everything...it's one day lost, but I am back on tomorrow. I would rather lose one day and thoroughly enjoy it, than be depressed about the rest of my life and either give up or avoid the fun times.