pear shape girls, what irks you the most?

Options

Replies

• gorgeouss9
    Options
    theres actually a quiz to find out!: http://www.bodyshapefashionadvice.com/questions.php
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    i'm a Rectangle..
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It irks me that I can't take the fat out of my legs and butt and put some in my boobs! :)

My thoughts exactly!!! :ohwell:
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    Pear Jeans & Trousers
    When it comes to jeans & trousers, stick to simple shapes and darker colours to minimise your bottom half.

Pear perfect pants

Go for wide leg, flat front trousers or flares
    Clean lines and muted colours are best
    Mid rise styles will be most flattering
    Pear wrong trousers

Skinny jeans and jodhpurs will bring out your hips more
    Cargo pants with pockets on the thigh will broaden you
    Steer clear of light bright colours and bulky buttons
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I second the desire for a sheath dress that fits! Has anyone ever watched Madmen? Now THOSE dresses would fit!!! :sad:

I have a couple of dresses that are cut like that (slim all over) and while I've had to either have them custom-made or taken in quite a bit at the waist and bust, it's worth it--they make you feel so sexy!
  • keggen
    keggen Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I feel like I just met all my body twins!!!
    Should we start a clothing company?
    I detest trying on 50 pairs of pants to find one that fits.
    Eddie Bauer Blakely Fit cotton stretch are my best fit for work pants. They are usually pricey, but I saw them once for $21. I bought 4 pairs. I haven't bought jeans for probably 10 years, no joking.
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my pear shape. I know it can be very frustrating when it comes to buying clothes espeically shift dresses, trousers and skirts. I find that A line dresses are most flattering for our shape. also when buying trousers and skirts, go for those with side zips,
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    33- 31-37... i look normal from the front and then bam! I have booty lol, i swear i feel like the only white Canadian with Beyonces *kitten*, even before i had kids that was my identifier, before kids measurements were 31-23-33, i always had booty lol

speaking of dresses, i just found these by accident lol
    http://dress911.com/Dresses?gclid=COCvpKrUh64CFQsBQAodrFgH7A
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    my hips are higher up than most! so no matter what I do i'm tiny up and then my hips bulge out and then back in again... HATE TAHT and the not having boobs... I wish I could move my hips down sooooo bad.

My hips are high, too. Short waisted. I'm 5'3 but all legs, petite in dresses but regular in pants with big hips and thighs. If I tie a sweater around my waist it looks like it's tied mid back. lol The worst about big thighs is bathing suits. You can tuck and smooth a lot of stuff in a bathing suit, but the thighs are just there. The skirted bathing suits are kind of granny though I did go to a hot springs once and most the girls had on bathing skirts so I didn't feel so bad. Maybe they are getting cuter? lol Wishful thinking.
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I hate actually hate not being able to wear leggings, unless with very long tops that cover my thighs completely!
  • fab2fit
    Options
    Mine is right on the back of the hips I can lose every where else but right on the lower part of my back does not go away and I am trying to tighten my lower abs is a joke after a baby.. I know people have done it but they must eat cardboard food. I have lost inches in my legs from 24.5 to 21 so that is awesome but the saddle bag area is so hard to tone and after having a baby your hips never go in again. so I am like a w32-hips37-saddles-43.5-saddles are measured together so roughly 21.75 each but together makes a big difference when getting pants. .I found some really good ones at maurices this fall for like 30.00 each can't beat that price
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Wow... it is such a challenge buying jeans. Even after losing most of my weight, I still have wide hips and a big butt. If it fits in the hips and bum then there is usually a gap in the waist... ugh and then you have to be sure your shirt is long enough to cover the gap when you sit down!

I just had some luck buying a pair of stretch jeans with a curvy fit called U Knighted Demin... I found them at Dillards and I love them.
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As of 2/2/12, I'm 38.3-32-44. My butt is what many may call reDONKulous haha...

Co-signing with everyone else...buying pants is SO annoying. Gap in the waist and all that...I'm also 5'9" so they're usually high-waters, too! Leggings and I are besties.

I do love my shape. Just need to shave off the excess fat!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I used to be a pear so can relate! Then I became a square and now I'm more of an hourglass with pear tendencies! I don't have a clue where I'll land when I get to a healthy weight!!

When I was in my early 20's I was a deffinately pear... 24" waist and 22" thighs!! Clothes were torture! Size 5 waist and size 10-12 butt! Pleated pants were my friend...I was very sad when they went ot of fashion!! (yes I'm that old! LOL)

Three months ago I was 48.5-48.5-54, thighs were 33.5....please don't laugh!!! I am 5'10" and was 300lbs when I started.... Still a squarish pear though.

Now I'm 46.5-40-49...thighs are 29.5 and i'm down 37lbs. I'll be really happy if I end up more hourglass shaped...just because of the torture of shopping.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My measurements as of 1/31/12 were: 35-27-45
    I'm a size 6 on top, size 12 on bottom.. that's absolutely annoying when I look for form-fitting dresses that don't stretch! LOL
    Other than that, I don't curse it.. losing some body fat so I know that my hips/booty will even out to the rest of me in time!

Hang in there!

I'm sorry if this comes across as too forward... but I just looked at your pics and you have the most gorgeous body ever! :noway: I change my mind, I want your measurements!

VonRockette - Thanks. I think? The (no-way) smiley threw me off. lol
    And those measurements are my "before" numbers... we'll see how I do March 1st! Thanks. :)

Sorry, it is definitely meant as a compliment! I meant the no way smiley as more of a googley eye'd smiley. Your body type is drop dead gorgeous!
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I hate actually hate not being able to wear leggings, unless with very long tops that cover my thighs completely!

Oh snap! This! I bough a pair of leggings a few weeks ago and I put them on... they were baggy in the knees and calves and then as soon as they hit my thighs and butt became see through and split AHHA. #PEARGIRLPROBLEMS
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options

Oh snap! This! I bough a pair of leggings a few weeks ago and I put them on... they were baggy in the knees and calves and then as soon as they hit my thighs and butt became see through and split AHHA. #PEARGIRLPROBLEMS

HA! The same thing happens with tights...they're baggy in the calf/ankle area, but they start to go, "No way, b*tch" at the thigh region.
  • stablesong
    Options
    I can never get jeans to fit right. They always fall down even when I have a belt on, but they still give me muffin top.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather have my shape (pear) than any other woman shape. I LOVE the way I look personally... I love my big hips, thighs, and butt! I'm toning them up now so I'm loving em even more! -hugs butt-
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    It irks me that I can't take the fat out of my legs and butt and put some in my boobs! :)
    ya they can do it from your butt to your lips, why not the boobs? lol I buy my jeans at buckle either miss me, or m.e.k. i have large hips also like 43 inches i think, and my waist is 29 inches, but those jeans are the bomb! they fit great, and i cant wait to fit back into my size 30s