How Did You Get Rid Of Your Stretch Marks?

Options
I Have A Problem With Them And i Feel Like even If I Do Lose My Wieght I Still won Be Able to Wear A Bathing Suit With The Way My Skin Looks

Replies

• p0stdramatic
    Options
    Stretch marks are permanent. They fade, they do not disappear.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    o3o you can get rid of stretch marks? I thought they stay there just kinda...dim out more.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    They are really hard to get rid of, but they will fade over time. Anything that helps with scars (vitamin E, for example) might help with stretch marks, because they're essentially scars under the skin.

The ones that I have that have faded are very light, you can barely see them unless you're right up close. I still have a few that are darker, but you just have to be patient.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    i saw some pics of a irl who had them and when she lost all her wieght they werent there anymore
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, they fade - they silver - but they are part of your life written on you! (Accept evidence of your inner tiger?)
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    They probably just faded away. I've seen people on here too where it isn't as visible, but you can never fully get rid of it.
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't get rid of them, just moisturise every day and they'll fade. If there were some miracle cure, no one would have them!
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i saw some pics of a irl who had them and when she lost all her wieght they werent there anymore

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!!

LOL ;)
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    guess im just doomed to get tatoos to cover them lol
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My personal experience: they fade over time and will look better ... but they don't go away completely.

And yes, I've tried all the creams :(
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love my stretch marks... they remind me how far I've come.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    maybe tanning would help?
  • jereibold
    jereibold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The only thing to get rid of some of them is, if you have loose skin, a tummy tuck :embarassed:
  • Swampstar
    Options
    Tattoos won't cover them hun, it's just ink under the skin, it doesn't change the thickness of the skin or anything that would make them go away. Tanning sometimes makes them show up more, depending on where they are.
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    My friend posted a woman on my FB that had them and it said "a tiger who's earned her stripes". However they got there I can tell you at 300lbs I never saw them... at 150lbs they were all I COULD see for a while. Look past them and know that you did earn them. If you have stretch marks they're like evidence of weight that WAS there and isn't anymore. I agree with Wendi and others... they're a measure of how far you've come.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Yeah, sorry, they don't go away! Like everyone else said though, they do fade. :flowerforyou:
  • TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I hear you can get laser treatments to remove them. Probably really expensive though.
  • transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've never had particularly bad stretch marks but I got a few when I went through puberty. Vitamin E cream really helped but like everyone else has said it takes time for them to turn invisible.
  • Swampstar
    Options
    I don't think laser treatment would remove them, it's scar tissue...
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Tattoos won't cover them hun, it's just ink under the skin, it doesn't change the thickness of the skin or anything that would make them go away. Tanning sometimes makes them show up more, depending on where they are.

I just wanted to say I love you ink!!! Beautiful!