pear shape girls, what irks you the most?

Options
124»

Replies

• SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather have my shape (pear) than any other woman shape. I LOVE the way I look personally... I love my big hips, thighs, and butt! I'm toning them up now so I'm loving em even more! -hugs butt-

Well... I guess the only thing that semi irks me (or did irk me...) was even after losing 30 pounds I did not drop a pants size. LOL
  • amiles21693
    Options
    I can fit a size 6 jean in the waist but my thighs wont have it! Theyre getting smaller, but at first it was like trying to put 10 lbs of potatos ints a 5lb sack! It drives me mad!
  • amiles21693
    Options
    And I completely agree with the legging comment! I have some victoria secret yoga pants that are super loose in the knee and calves but then the thighs are like BOOM! lol. I don't mind having big thighs or hips cause hello Im a woman! but I would like to tone them up a bit.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Saddlebags. That is all.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Being a size 16 on top and a 22 on the bottom
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    im 36-30-36inch and my hips are pure bone now, if you rest your hand there theres no flab to grab. Since puberty they have been 36inches and will not go down. Im uk size 8/10 on top and 12 on bottom and always have been. Only thing I dont like is dresses and skirts usually make my bum look huge
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    It upsets me that I will never be able to wear any cute vintage one-piece swimsuits without having to get them tailored. :( I tried to buy a one-piece recently but I had to return it because the top would just fall down even though the bottom fit perfectly. I am forever doomed to tankinis (since after having kids I am not cut out for bikinis anymore).

Jean (or any type of pant for that matter) shopping is a pain. I always have to buy a size up and wear a belt.

BUT on the up-side, I love having curves. Even if they are a pain sometimes.
  • pinkc
    pinkc Posts: 3
    Options
    I too have the problem of big thigh smaller waist.
    Levi's now makes "curvy" jeans that really help solve the jean issue.
    And they look good!
  • BoxingClever
    Options
    My chest has sort of caught up, finally...I'm at a 34C now (thank you, new birth control pill!). But for years, the tiny boobs were the bane of my existence.

Care to share the name of this magical birth control pill? :happy:
  • sandhen
    Options
    I also am pear shaped. As a seamstress I take in lots of other peoples gaping jeans but find it so difficult to get around to doing mine. I've heard that the jean brand - Not Your Daughters Jeans - fit a womans body. Has anyone tried them?
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    My chest has sort of caught up, finally...I'm at a 34C now (thank you, new birth control pill!). But for years, the tiny boobs were the bane of my existence.

Care to share the name of this magical birth control pill? :happy:

Haha, I don't know how typical that side effect is. I had been on a triphasic pill for years, then switched to Lutera, which was about the time that I gained a cup size. Now I'm on Reclipsen, and though I'm down nine pounds, they've stayed the same size. I think it has something to do with a steady hormone level, and I take the pill four packs at a time (like Seasonique) since I have endometriosis.
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So, yes pants shopping sucks. And skinny jeans made for skinny thighs are a no go.

But one of the most annoying things is over the knee socks.
    They look sooo cute with a skirt, but it's like they come up around my calves nicely and then pull them up over my knee just to have them squeeze my thighs like sausages. And they leave indents on my thighs. I tried on a pair I still had in my drawer and was like no way! My thighs are pretty cray and my booty is definately pretty cray. I have faith that one day, though, I will wear my over the knee socks and look adorable. Gotta keep the faith, y'all!
  • Chevitz
    Options
    I hear you guys! Currently I'm 36-29-38... but it's only been in the last couple months that I've substantially lost inches in my hips, and I contribute it to the Insanity work out. I always take pants in, it's the only way that I can get them to fit well and not look silly. I have NO chest anymore and I too wish I could transfer some junk from my trunk into my chest!
  • jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    yea finding a good pair of jeans is a pain..they will fit nice everywhere except around the waist theyalways have a gap..or the crotch is baggy..I always buy a pair and love them until I get them home and wear them for a day and they get baggy..so baggy I can take them off with out unbuttoning them or they will fit around the waist but are way to tight around my thighs and butt..
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    It irks me that I can't take the fat out of my legs and butt and put some in my boobs! :)

:laugh: Ah! I'd love to be able to do that too!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    For me it's that if it fits on the hips then its too big on the waist and if it fits on the waist it's too small for the hips lol

Seriously! My measurements are almost exactly the same as the woman who started this thread. I love my curves except when it comes time to anything involving clothes.

Either I'm cinching up the waist of my work pants with a belt and causing slacks to do a weird pleated-bunching-up thing, or I'm wearing low-waist slacks that involve wearing a long blouse/sweater to make sure my rump isn't spilling out. That's provided that I can get a garment up past my knees or over my hips...

On the rare chance that I find work pants with an office-appropriate waistline, the odds are good that they end up hugging my thighs like the casings on breakfast sausages. THANK GOODNESS for A-line skirts and high boots.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping for jeans! they always gap at the waist :-( I hate it! It's easier to live in yoga pants and leggings. I found one pair that fit really well at forever 21, which shocked the heck outta me. But it's the only pair I own that I don't hate.

Levi's make a cut called "curvy cut" it's made for girls with a butt & thighs but smaller in the waist so you don't show the world your underwear every time you bend over