Decided To Do A Juice Fast

Options

Replies

• samatalma
    Options
    Good luck! My parent's are almost done with a 30 day juice fast. My mother has no more arthritis pain and they both feel better, less aches and pains.

Don't mind what naysayers say. Make an educated decision for YOURSELF.

What kind of juicer did you get? I have a Breville and love it.

Thanks..I got a Breville one...Should be here early next week...

To all the ones who are bashing me for doing this could you just bugger off.....I didn't put it here to be told NOT to do it......When I saw the responses I thought,"Oh no, no more people picking on me and treating me like crap"....I get enough of the here without you lot giving it to me..

I live alone so there is no-one to hinder my effort....At present I'm planing to do the fast early next month...

Also, when you are telling people NOT to do stuff and explaining that it's no good for them, you do not know what is going on in their life....Something you say might just be all that is needed to push them over the edge........I know cause it happened to be just before Christmas and I went over the edge and O/D........FYI, it wasn't anyone from here......

So, please try and be nice to others....If you can't say anything nice then just keep your trap shut....

Regarding Woolies: That is what us Aussies call Woolworths......

Then why post something like this on a website that you know most people are completely against "diets" like this? Honestly. C'mon now.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I agree! You are just going to set yourself up for a crash if you do it this way!

Start by making a conscious effort to incorporate more fruits and veg into your diet! It takes at least 30 days for something to be habit. The juicer is a wonderful purchase but don't think of it as a quick fix. There are no quick fixes. It takes time.
    I'm watching Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead and have decided to do a juice fast...I have purchased a juicer and will be getting the Reboot Your Life Kit from my local Woolies.....I will probably do a 5 day fast and will take a break from work to make sure that I can do the fast correctly....That will hopefully be at the end of this month or early next month......

I hate this. Not one time did the OP mention they wanted to know if this was the right decision.
    GOOD FOR YOU, OP! Way to make a change and stand for something that gets you excited about your health. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask around for additional help, I hear there are great juicing messageboards that are only a Google search away.
    I too watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It was an eye opener for sure. Please let us know how it goes for you!
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I saw that too. For those of you haven't seen it (you can watch it on Netflix) it's a documentary about a corporate businessman who has been very successful on wall street and in the process has become very heavy and out of shape. He is from I think Australia and decides to come to the U.S. and so a juicer fast for sixty days, trying to get others to do it with him along the way. He succeeds in losing a ton of weight in the sixty days and has helped many people along the way. It didn't seem to hurt his energy level at all, and it made him feel really good.

After watching this, I wanted to try it too, but I knew I wouldn't last a day drinking only juice. But if you have the willpower, go for it!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Then why post something like this on a website that you know most people are completely against "diets" like this? Honestly. C'mon now.

It's not a diet. It's a fast; a temporary rehaul of your body's inner workings to ultimately realign the digestive system in an effort to improve health and wellness.
    If you are putting someone down, it's only because they are above you. So grow up and use that energy to push yourself harder in life; why waste it on someone you don't even know?
    What good does it do to criticize others, besides trying to persuade them to agree with you. So childish and greedy.
  • Rhondaj46
    Options
    If you need some encouragment when you start you can add me as a friend. I have been drinking the FS&ND juice for a month, I drink 16 oz for breakfast and and 8 to 16 oz as a snack or lunch replacement. this is what i have noticied in one month. I lost 10 pds in Jan. about 2pds a week. The skin on my face is so smooth and my energy level is climbing daily, and I am working out and walking more each week. I am not craving sweets, or salty chips which was my comfort food. I hope you don't let anyone discourage you, it is not a diet it is a life change to healthier eating.
  • roxy8311
    roxy8311 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    #1, Let me just remind people to live by the golden rule and treat everyone with respect. If you don't have CONSTRUCTIVE critisism, then keep your comments to yourself.

Now then, what about eating nothing but fruits and veggies for a few days before hand to prpare your system? I've done several fasts beginning with a few days of fruits and veggies and mybe some beans before going to all juice for 3 more days and it worked very well. Try 3 days eating fruits and veggies every 2 hours, then 3 days on the juice fast.

Anyway you decide to go, it's a great way to jump start your metabolisim... I wish you the very best, good luck!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    To all you downers.....Since I started MFP I have eaten hardly any fruit and veg..I've just been eating cals to lose weight....Now that I have lost 11.2kg I want to get my body healthy...There are fruit and veg that I don't like but are good for you..There are also some I've never tried but would like too......I'm going to incorporate these into my diet by juicing....

I'm not sure if it will be a complete juice..That is my decision and not made by all you downers....

I show everyone respect. So to all you downers please do the same...I have never said anything nasty to anyone about what they are doing to lose weight..I never make any negative comments to anyone on here.....

If you can't say anything nice, then please keep your trap shut....:flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    To all you downers.....Since I started MFP I have eaten hardly any fruit and veg..I've just been eating cals to lose weight....Now that I have lost 11.2kg I want to get my body healthy...There are fruit and veg that I don't like but are good for you..There are also some I've never tried but would like too......I'm going to incorporate these into my diet by juicing....

I'm not sure if it will be a complete juice..That is my decision and not made by all you downers....

I show everyone respect. So to all you downers please do the same...I have never said anything nasty to anyone about what they are doing to lose weight..I never make any negative comments to anyone on here.....

If you can't say anything nice, then please keep your trap shut....:flowerforyou:

LOL have fun with that. You sound cranky....you should eat something.
  • seal57
    Options

LOL have fun with that. You sound cranky....you should eat something.

Mate, I am not cranky just pissed of at people who can't speak nice to others and show them some respect....

Eat something?..I have been eating....When and where did I say that I had already started?

Maybe you should get some glasses so you can what I have written.....:grumble:
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    I really like juicing. It gives you a lot of energy and the taste is pretty good if you mix it with some fruit. I do half veg half fruit. A glass is typically 200 calories based on how I make it. I'll only do two glasses a day as I'm not looking to do a radical weight loss and actually I was concerned about the balance in a fruit and veg only diet. Although you could always slightly supplement by adding some nuts or beans. A week should be fine though. It does cost a few bucks though. While veggies and fruits are cheap per calorie they're more expensive than carb or protein rich food.

Don't worry about what people say about it. If it works great, if it isn't for you at least you have tried something and there's always something else.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love my juicer:) but it has long gone on to juicer part heaven, I can not afford another at this time, I jucied for 2 weeks and I never felt so alive and so energetic in my life,my skin came alive too, I found I responded to green drinks better, and I would add some flax seed oil and vinegar to some of my juices too......I remember watching a burger king commercial and seeing the water droplets on the lettuce and tomato got me excited, to go juice something, then I realized it was a burger commercial, but my body responded to the veggies.
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    Some good things to juice - Spinach, Kale, Chard, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Collards, ginger, lemons, limes, oranges, melons, pears, grapes, and strawberries

Some things not to juice
    Mangoes - too much work you won't be able to grind the backbone inside
    Beets - These are too tough
    Pomegranate - I made this mistake, unless you want to remove the seeds avoid this one. The pith is very bitter if you juice it whole
  • seal57
    Options
    Maybe I should clarify something....

I know that doco was focused on juice fasting for losing weight and getting healthy.....I have lost weight and now I want to get healthy....I'm not sure at present how long I will do the fast or if it will be a complete fast...I just want to be and feel healthy.....Cause mate, I'm not getting any younger.....

I need to get more fruit and veg into my diet.......

DIET: the customary amount and kind of food and drink taken by a person from day to day....

When I talk about diet that is what I am referring too....

Have a good day......:flowerforyou:
  • seal57
    Options
    Some good things to juice - Spinach, Kale, Chard, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Collards, ginger, lemons, limes, oranges, melons, pears, grapes, and strawberries

Some things not to juice
    Pomegranate - I made this mistake, unless you want to remove the seeds avoid this one. The pith is very bitter if you juice it whole

Thanks heaps for this....But with the mango, you are talking about the seed, right? Who would try and juice that?...
  • dwtouch4
    Options

Some things not to juice

Thanks heaps for this....But with the mango, you are talking about the seed, right? Who would try and juice that?...

Yeah, I just like to keep prep to a minimum when I juice. I don't know if you have your Breville yet but a lot of things you can throw in there whole. Apples, pineapple, even cherries I'll just throw in whole. That's why I like juice better than smoothies. Less prep.
  • seal57
    Options
    I got my juicer yesterday and will get supplies when I shop tomorrow.....

Do you juice the whole pineapple?..skin and all?..
  • hlw19
    hlw19 Posts: 29
    Options
    I saw that documentary also and was so interested in doing it for myself. The results were amazing. Also I didn't read through all the posts, but I think that if you slowly add food back to your diet you'll be fine. A cleanse, I feel, is very good for you.

Good luck :)
  • doughnuteater
    Options
    I bought a juicer recently and am amazed at how much I have taken to it. I did however make the mistake of having only fruit juices and of course there is a lot of sugar in that. I now try to have a vegetable juice each day as I too don't get enough veg down me. They sometimes look weird but more often than not they taste great. Try using raw beetroot, spinach, carrots, broccoli stems well anything really. Always add a couple of apples (not granny smith) and pour over ice.
    Go for it. You won't look back.:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I say this with care and kindness, please understand that. If I read correctly you recently tried to commit suicide by being pushed over the edge by an Internet person/forum. If that is correct, I would really re-think Internet social sites. People can be not so nice.

Good luck and be well! :)
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Oh and I wish I had the courage to do a cleanse with juices. If anyone's liver needs a detox, it's mine! :tongue: :blushing: