Ideas for breakfast

Options
I dont usually have much time in the morning to have breakfast before going to work. I usually just have a bowl of oatmeal and omelettes on the weekend if i have a bit more time but am starting to get really bored of it! Has anybody got any ideas on what i could have which wont take long to make and is a bit more exciting than oatmeal?! Thanks :)

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I like to top my oatmeal with carbmaster yogurt, berries and a touch of cool whip--got the idea from HungryGirl. The protein helps slow the digestion of the carbs. There are also lots of make ahead egg cup recipes, or you can buy frozen ones called Garden Lites.
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a lunchable every morning. It's high in sodium, but the tradeoff for me is that it's a measured amount of protein and coupled with a cup of blueberries keeps me satisfied until lunch time.
  • CMH2011
    Options
    Salads, juicing veggies, apple and almonds, greek yogurt, flat bread and natural PB . . .
  • pratod
    pratod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    search the threads for protein pancakes - they're great!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You could fine some pretty healthy english muffins, toast (with peanut butter :D), and my personal favorite-waffles :)))
    But you can't go wrong with oatmeal, and it's so yumm! Same with omelettes! Maybe add a side of egg whites!
  • XoHolliPopXo
    Options
    I like to make a bowl of activa light yogurt with a banana and some blueberries and top with some granola or cereal super yummy and fills me up.
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I tried an experiment last week and mmm is it good and very filling

8 oz almond milk (unsweatened)
    1 TBL cocoa powder
    1TBL ground flax
    1tsp stevia or other sweatner

Blend all together. Between the fiber and protien I find it very filling and only about 90 calories.:smile:
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    I've been eating plain greek yogurt with half a banana mixed in and some sort of crunchy cereal like kashi go lean crunch. it's around 200 calories and it's really filling :)
  • jr7648661
    Options
    We do smoothies with yogurt and frozen/fresh fruit a couple days a week. I add flax, aloe...anything else good I have around. Also you could make some healthy banana, zuchini, blueberry, or carrot muffins, using healthy replacements for fat and eggs. Freeze them and have them for breakfast now and then. That's what I'm gonna do for dessert.:happy:
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A couple of my favorite breakfasts:

Museli: 1/2 c rolled oats, 2/3 cup coconut milk, 1T shredded coconut, and 1 oz walnuts. Mix altogether and let sit while my morning coffee is brewing, do not microwave, eat cold. Also I mix the oats, coconut and nuts and splenda or stevia together ahead of time in little containers so all I have to do in the morning is add the coconut milk.- approx 300 calories

Almond butter Waffles
    2 lowfat Nutrigrain frozen waffles (140 calories) 1 T almond butter mixed with 1T REAL maple syrup, heat for a few seconds in the microwave and drizzle over waffles- also around 300 calories.
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, I like to make egg dishes that I can freeze and take with me. They last all week and are a great source of protein to get the day going.
  • thehealthbunny
    Options
    protein pancakes, "clean" french toast (search clean french toast recipe on bodybuilding.com), kashi go lean with unsweetened plain almond milk and frozen blueberries, two slices of ww toast with avocado as a spread and one sliced hard boiled egg.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Someone posted this on another post (sorry don't know who it was). I made them yesterday and they are really good. Even my kids liked them and they said ewww to the raisins, walnuts and pineapple when i bought them....

I froze a bunch and will grab two of them to take to work. I entered them in the recipe counter here and i got 94 calories each.

Thanks for this recipe whoever posted it! Here it is:

I make these for work, but if you take just a general cake mix (preferably spice), mix in 1 cup of pineapple tidbits, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup shredded carrots and add 2 cups of dry powdered milk to the dry mix, add the water and bake, you come up with a dense breakfast bar that not only is a grab and go item, but has one serving of fruit & vegetables in in, along with the nutritional value of one 8 oz serving of milk.

Our guys love it, (and I serve it to about 4000 people every morning).

Change out adding coconut, chocolate chips, M&M's and other goodies for a sweetness and crunch change.

Good Luck on your goals.
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I do a fruit smootie 5 days a week. It takes me about 10 minutes to make. I have the Oster Blender to go...where i make it in the to go blender and take it with me to work and sip on it for about an hour. I put oatmeal and flax seed and lots of frozen fruit to get my nutrients.
    I love it!
    Hope this helps
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I usually eat fruit and lately have been eating a bowl of frozen blueberries.
  • astarbucks28
    astarbucks28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On the weekends i make egg cupcakes that last all week.

fill each cupcake holder with what you want (healthy) . i did:

spinach, ground turkey, and mushroom in each one. fill the rest with egg. bake at 350 until cooked. You can grab one every day and microwave them.

2nd:

Honey wheat flax waffles topped with Natural smuckers peanut butter, and bananas.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Homemade acai bowl (much less calories and sugar than from jamba juice or other smoothie places).

1. 1 Sambazon pur acai frozen pack (this one is low sugar)
    2. 1/2 banana
    3. 1/4 cup cold water
    4. Put in blender
    5. Top with 1/2 cup kashi crunch (also low sugar)
    6. Add a few fresh berries (I like black berries)

So filling! Only 278 calories!
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do a 100 calorie high fiber English muffin with PB.
  • mopearl88
    Options
    a really easy and super healthy breakfast is a scoop of protein powder (can be the cheap stuff), some frozen fruit and soy milk blended in a smoothie. Takes five minutes maybe and you can also have a packet of oatmeal on the side.
  • dharju
    dharju Posts: 12
    Options
    I used to never eat breakfast so it was hard for me to start, and I don't like cold breakfast either (cereal/ yogurt) I need to wake up first I guess. On the weekend I make healthy muffins like oatmeal with apples and raisins. I just take a muffin and some fruit and be on my way. Muffins freeze extremely well so I make a lot and freeze in baggies on 4 ( I have a husband and kids ) just take them out and put on the counter before bed and they will be tasty and ready for whom ever needs them in the am.
    Another breakfast I do Is a hard boiled egg (made while cooking dinner,just throw one or 2 in the pasta while it boils) a babel cheese round and fruit. and coffee of course.