Fitbit

Options
I am thinking of getting a fit bit but wanted to know how others have got on with it and whether it is really worth it? Thanks in advance :happy:

Replies

• tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I don't know what that is.......please share
  • nicki_1004
    Options
    I have also been trying to decide if I should get a fit bit or if I should get a body bug. The body bug cost more, but I figured it would give me a more accurate total on how much I do burn through the day from what I have read in reviews on the 2.
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a couple weeks and I really like it. It counts steps, calories burned. It really helps me keep my activity in check by watching my steps. I try to hit 10,000 steps a day, and I can keep an eye on my numbers and step it up if I'm low. I don't expect it to be spot on when it comes to counting steps or calories but I think its pretty close.

The main thing is that it is a motivator for me to keep moving. And its pretty cool cause when you get close to your computer with it, it automatically loads the info, and breaks everything down, like how active vs. how sedentary you have been and for how many minutes of the day. I recommend getting one. i love mine
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What are they?

http://tweakfit.com/fitbit-vs-bodybugg-reviews

Be aware the FitBit has a newer version now, and BodyMedia has lowered their monthly sub price, while giving no deals for a longer sub making it cheaper.
    Not sure if BodyBugg has done differently, since they have their own front-end to the database.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    No experience with fitbit, but wore a bodybugg my gym rented me for two weeks. I would not sign a long term monitoring contract. My daily calorie burn became so predictable I saw no reason to wear it indefinitely. the data is pretty redundant after a while, usually within a few hundred calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    No experience with fitbit, but wore a bodybugg my gym rented me for two weeks. I would not sign a long term monitoring contract. My daily calorie burn became so predictable I saw no reason to wear it indefinitely. the data is pretty redundant after a while, usually within a few hundred calories.

Now that is a cool idea. What type of gym planned a 2 week rental?
    Or was it a new unit with the hope you would buy it?

Because really, 2 weeks is enough to see what it estimates for BMR, for what your avg daily calories are on non-exercise days, ect.

Get those figured out, you got half the battle.
    Logging food here is the other half.
    And then the other, huh, half, is exercise.

And then in 6 months do it again. See if BMR went up for all the great extra muscle you've gotten.