Starving all the time

Options
2»

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Cut out a majority of your carbs, and add in lean protein, this will keep you feeling full longer.
  • Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Meals are loaded with calories and sodium. They dehydrate you which makes you fell more hungry as well. Cut those out, add lean protiens and nuts!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Good idea from someone about nuts. Also get more good fats from foods like olives, olive oils, avacado and more protein in general. Save some calories for right before bed. I never go to bed hungry if I can help it.
    Shoot for between 1200 and 1400. Try for 1200 and eat another 200 if you are hungry. You will still loose, just a tab bit slower.:flowerforyou:

Almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds are great in MODERATION. Go lower carb and lots of veggies.

Fight for it, you are worth it!~
  • Chelsea_Laura
    Options
    wow...thank you all so much! I am short (5 feet) and I exercise 3 times a week. And I definitely eat those calories back! :) I will try to open up my food diary...as scary as that sounds!! :( But I am pretty sure I'm eating out of pain of hunger and not boredom. I may switch it to loosing half a pound a week. I'm more concerned about doing this for the long term than quick results.
  • chiv123
    Options
    I was also assigned 1200/day to lose 1lb/week. After a week and a half of being drained all the time I upped my exercise level from sedentary to the next one up to get more calories (which as a student may be more accurate). Now at 1330 calories I am bit more comfortable but I find myself burning 7,8,9 hundred calories each day just so I can eat enough to feel normal. I eat more than I'm supposed to, so I workout, then I'm hungry, so I eat more, then workout harder the next day... at the rate I'm going, in a week I'll be doubling my allowed calories with calories "earned" from exercise. At some point I'm going to have to figure out how to simply eat less. Each day I get right up to my net calorie goal, typically within 10 calories. Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I'm looking forward to seeing what ideas are out there.
  • Mirpixie
    Options
    This is my daily calorie goal 1,340. I haven't started a workout routine yet. I'm new at this weight loss thing. Done simple things in the past, but always gain my weight back. I just hate how hungry I get at night and I'm already over my calories for the day, so I can't eat.
  • garbanzalo
    garbanzalo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Consume less refined sugar. Sugar results in an insulin spike that leaves you hungry. Eat more vegetables and proteins. That should keep you full through the day.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Try some green tea, it also helps to suppress the appetite a little.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Meals are loaded with calories and sodium. They dehydrate you which makes you fell more hungry as well. Cut those out, add lean proteins and nuts!

^^This

Stop eating from a box or a can.
    Eat more fat and protein.
    Eat less carbs.
    Had a column to track your sodium. I bet you're way over you're daily goal.
    You may be dehydrated and misinterpret thirst for hunger.
    Track your sugars.
  • MrsD4ever
    Options
    MFP had me set at 1270, but I did a lot of research around the internet and ended up changing mine to 1400 manually. I'm still losing weight just fine.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    So there's a lot of suggestions pulling you in a couple dozen directions but I'll add just one more..since you asked. I'm on 1200 cals a day as well.

Eat smaller meals spaced out through the day, but make sure those are filled with higher amounts of protein and fiber, that's \
    what's going to keep you full

Make sure you're getting plenty of water...try to drink at least 2 glasses before a meal, sometimes when we think we're hungry it's more dehydration than actual hunger

It's been said - eat more nuts - they're good for you and they keep you full (back to that protein suggestion)

Cut out refined sugars - the more sugar you eat the more you crave...this is true especially with crap like high fructose corn syrup...and even replacement sugars (don't think products that contain aspartame and the likes are a healthy alternative) - This doesn't mean you should cut out fruits and natural sugars, but don't go crazy either.

If you try this and you're still hungry maybe you have a higher daily caloric need...be honest about your activity level, and make sure you eat back at least some of your exercise cals.

14241118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods