Options

Replies

• laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    go for it
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Get over it and call the guy, dont text, to chicken, just say Hi, its me the girl from the gym,, whatever, I always notice you smiling at me, and I thought, what the hell, im just going to ask you out for lunch, your treat! He will love it!!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Can't hurt - do it.
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    ask him for a spot and go from there. Thank him and strike up a convo. Don't be scared!!!
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    Get over it and call the guy, dont text, to chicken, just say Hi, its me the girl from the gym,, whatever, I always notice you smiling at me, and I thought, what the hell, im just going to ask you out for lunch, your treat! He will love it!!!

LMAO!
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    My opinion is slightly different; you stated that a mutual friend who he works with gave you his number. I would be a little concerned and would want to know if he authorized you to have that information. If he did not authorize this information being shared then there could be some serious breach of employee records and your friend could be in some serious policy violations. If you know that he wanted this information shared and since you turn to “mush” talking to him then send the text and start the conversation otherwise, muster it up and talk to him at the gym and invite him out for a bite to eat with your daughter and you.

Make sense to me.
  • cigarzzz
    Options
    Just do it - you will feel better and have no regrets...
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I love it when women come up and talk to me or call me,email,text whatever the case.It makes me feel good as a man that a woman takes the first step,its awesome.Go for it and text.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!!

I'm an aggressive girl.. I'd go for it... of course once you do give him the space to initiate contact too.

Good luck!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Geez. Text him. Uhg.
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Doooo ittt! Sounds like he likes you anyway so thats even more perfect! Everything happens for a reason and here you are with his number in the palm of your hands! =)

(Sorry, also not a boy lol)
  • Bradozzz85
    Options
    For a species that has a life expectancy of less than 100 years, we sure let a lot of trivial **** worry us, call him
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    For a species that has a life expectancy of less than 100 years, we sure let a lot of trivial **** worry us, call him

Lool well said! =P
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Did she explain the situation to him and he offered his number? Or did she know him and get the number from her phone book?
    That seriously matters.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    OMG chick, do it! He obviously likes you. Go for it!

I'm with the majority here.. nothing ventured nothing gained, can't hurt, worst he can do is say no, why not let him know you're open to taking him out, etc...

BUT... I want to point out that there's nothing you wrote that would make me think he obviously likes you. Guys flirt all the time (and even connect with my son) without liking me more than friendship or a passing diversion (at work, gym, church even). Flirting is fun and makes the day go by faster. Flirting with no taking it to the next level means nothing to me. Even asking for my number means nothing to me anymore, because a lot of guys never follow-through (as if getting the number alone is enough of a victory).

It's only "obvious" that he likes you when he takes action, like asks you out.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Call him imho
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well, have you called him yet?
    There are people here who need to know what happened!!!!:laugh:
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Here's the female perspective from someone who's had it NOT work in her favour:

He was in my mind all the time, and so I told him (via text -- I'm ridiculously shy when it comes to this stuff). I assumed he was interested because he flirted with me all the time, but he didn't respond to my text. Guess what? I DON'T REGRET IT. Actually, quite the opposite! lol All that stress, all the "what ifs", etc. are gone, and now I know.

I could have spent these past three months (since telling him) thinking about him and having the whole "I like you" thing going around and around in my head...but I don't.

Ontop of it all, I'm proud of myself for actually DOING it. That was HUUUGGGEE for me, but in retrospect, it was nothing. Just a few words. Just a simple expression of something I couldn't help but feel. He knows what it's like; I think sometimes men face rejection more than women...at least in the dating world.

So would I do it again? Absolutely no question...and I'd do it sooner (than the 2 1/2 years it took me to).

Go get him!! :drinker:
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! If he's interested he'll find you. Continue to be nice to him and act interested, but if you chase after him you'll be chasing him forever. Guys always want what they can't have.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    this is the type of situation which could hunt you if you don't do it. better do it and see how it goes.