WATER! How do you guys drink so much???

Options
2»

Replies

• tataliciousd89
    Options
    I wake up and drink a 24 oz water bottle, then I bring two with me to school and usually drink one in the morning and one in the afternoon. When I get home I drink probably two more in the evening. I don't know how not to drink this much water and I would say I pee about every 2-4 hours throughout the day and never wake up to go in the night. I don't think thats bad.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've never really liked drinking water, but I've been drinking a TON lately. One of the big ones I do is use a 16 oz bottle (that's 2 8 oz glasses) and drink one with breakfast, one on my way to the gym/before my workout, one (or more) during my workout, and one after. Then I have my "goal" done before lunch, and still usually drink it anyways. I'm finding the more I drink the less hungry I am, so I just keep downing the water lol
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just have a gallon of water with me all the time. Its so tasty, and it makes my skin look so nice!
  • afiraz
    afiraz Posts: 19
    Options
    I complete 1.5 liters by 10 am and then continue to drink another 1.5 liters by 6 pm. It helps that I keep the water in sight on my desk at work.
  • ashley67203
    Options
    I wake up and drink a glass of water, then go work out and drink another glass when I'm done. There's two. At work I keep a coffee mug full of water in front of me all day. If I look at it I make myself take a big drink and go fill it up as soon as it's empty. Walking back and forth to the water cooler and bathroom all day give me at least a little exercise during an otherwise sedentary desk job.
  • melrose09
    Options
    Might be weird, but I find it much easier to drink lots of water when I use a cup with a straw.

Is there science behind it, because there should be. When I had my Camelbak cup with a straw thing, I seriously slurped down at east a gallon a day. No I have a water bottle that I have to tip and I maybe drink one and a half a day at the MOST. It's 24oz. Am I really that lazy that I'd rather not take the effort to tip a dang water bottle?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I've always hated, HATED drinking water. But a month ago I bought a 32oz water bottle and easily finish 2 of them a day. I had to force it down for the first week, but now I feel myself compulsively reaching for my H20. I also don't drink anything else (besides smoothies) so that played a part too.
  • sammydiddly
    Options
    I set myself goals. I have an office job so I have one in the morning, one with lunch and one in the afternoon if I can. If I haven't finished a third bottle by the time 5pm hits then I do overtime until it is finished. It was hard at the start and I started off with only drinking two a day but now I can have anywhere between 3-5 at work and then I go home and have another one at least.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest brita filter on the top shelf of my fridge and all other drinks on the bottom. That way it's the first thing i see and i'm more likely to choose it. I've only been at it a week, i started at 1 glass on the first day, and had 6 glasses today.
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a blue cup that holds 3 cups of water. I grab that in the morning and drink it and usually drink one when I get home from work. I have a sports bottle here at work that I drink from. It holds 2 cups. I used to think it had to be 8 glasses of water a day...but CUPS I can do!!! In fact, I find myself craving water now. Weird!!
  • daeljo
    daeljo Posts: 38
    Options
    Might be weird, but I find it much easier to drink lots of water when I use a cup with a straw.

Bahaha, I'm the same way! So strange but it really does work!
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't feel so bad about not needing this much water, I know I'm going to get a lot of "flack" for this but you should read this article:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day

Not everybody needs the same amount.
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    A lot of you commented on the straw thing lol...you'd think I'd drink less cause the straw is skinny & you wouldn't take in very much with each sip...I'm gonna try it though I think!
    I love lime with my water & always add it to my brita water...I'm also gonna try to drink 3 glasses with each meal as well as sip at it all day & see where I get with it.
    I'd just like to get in at least 8 if not more!
    There are just so many benefits to staying well hydrated! Thanx Guys!
  • along21291
    along21291 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    personally I only drink water and I LOVE water so it's really easy for me to get 8+ cups in. I bring a water bottle with me everywhere and have water with my meals. I actually wanted to say I used to drink water straight from the gallon an every day I would have probably 2 gallons or more but I felt terrible, weak, and really watered down (now pun intended). I realized that it's good to have a lot of water but I think I was getting near to dangerous levels (water intoxication)
  • ndlakebum
    Options
    Toss some fresh fruit or veggies in your water. Lemon is an obvious (and delicious) option, but I also love a couple strawberries or cucumber slices or even mint in my water, it just gives it a hint of something different. I think it makes it easier to sip on throughout the day!
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    Actually drinking 20+ glasses a day isn't always so healthy, it can lead to a condition called hyponatremia, a dilution of the salt in the body. Hyponatremia can cause seizures, heart arrhythmias and death. None of these being all that good...
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I drink so much because I try to drink out of a water bottle (16-20 oz) so each bottle I finish is 2 cups of water. Also I keep a small glass (like a juice glass) on the kitchen counter or sometimes on the water thing in the door of the fridge and everytime I go into the kitchen I make myself drink a glass of water.....doing this it is easy to drink 5-6 glasses just by doing that.....I have a 7 month old so I go into the kitchen often.
  • Nicky075
    Options
    I use a 16oz water bottle, so then I feel like I only need to drink 4 bottles. Also if I find myself getting tired of the plain taste of water, I muddle some mint and add a few fresh limes to the water, and if u still crave a lil sweetness try a teaspoon of Agave or grade A maple syrup-it's like a low cal mojito!
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I work a desk job and keep a restaurant-sized plastic tumbler on my desk. I fill it with ice and tap water first thing in the morning when I get to work and then I sip all day while I work. It holds 2.5 -3 cups and i drain it at least twice during my 9 hour shift, sometimes 3 or 4 times if I'm stressed. It helps me avoid my nail biting.

And yes, the peeing thing does slow down once you get used to drinking that much water. I drink a full liter when I exercise (3 times a week after a day of guzzling water at my desk).