Inguinal Hernia surgery on Tuesday

Options
I'm so freaking scared to have this done. What if something goes wrong?

My RL friends have so kindly been telling me horror stories about people they know who have had this done and still can't do squats, ect....

I won't be able to work out for about 8 weeks after so I should be in a really good mood (ack).

Tomorrow is my "Last Chance Workout" so I better make it a great one!

Anyone have some hernia surgery stories with happy endings?

Replies

• koolmum
    Options
    No stories. I guess no one survived. :frown:
  • Becoming_healthy
    Options
    I don't know anyone that had the surgery, but I will be sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had double-hernia surgery 2 years ago. I work out HARD at the gym 5-6 days a week with no problem. I definitely took it easy at first. You need to be patient with your body and not overdue it in the beginning. One day at a time. I did not do ab workout for a long time b/c hernias in may cases are reoccuring b/c you have a week abdominal wall. I got the double hernia in the first place from overdoing abdominal workouts at the gym. Hope you are recovering well!
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I work on a surgical floor and hernia repair surgeries usually go really well, without complications. As long as you let your body rest following the surgery and ease into your exercise regime when your doctor gives you the go ahead, I think you'll be fine.

Good luck! Feel better!
  • koolmum
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

I'm 2.5 weeks out and finally starting to feel human. My surgeon is very happy with the procedure and my recovery this far. He told me I should be able to return to previous activities at 6 - 8 weeks ~ counting down the days!

:heart: