Excerises to build up booty w/ no knee pressure?

Options
2»

Replies

• todaysanewday
    Options
    Stand behind a chair, make sure you don't move your upper body, (put your hand on your backside so you can feel your gluts tighten to be sure you aren't using your back muscles) raise your foot up and back slowly. The movement is like shutting a door with your foot when your back is turned to the door. This will strengthen your gluts and can be done anywhere as long as you can keep your back from moving (grocery store lines, talking on the phone, doing dishes, any time you are just "standing around" ) My chiropractor told me that this will not only not hurt your knee, but it will take pressure off your knee because your gluts will be stronger and do their job better. Win-win!
    Another idea is same as above, but lay on your belly and lift each leg up either with a straight leg or bent. Try both ways and see what feels better. Good luck!! :)
    13975784.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Another exercise with the ball that is a booty toner.. Lie with your ab/hips on the ball and hands on the ground in front with your legs wide, in a "Y". With your arms straight (if you bend, it loses it) and core tight, lift your legs up and together while squeezing your glutes. Repeat 3 sets of 10 to 12. Basically down & apart then up and together.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    subscribe
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hip Bridges are absolutely amazzzinnnggg, my butt and hams are dying by the time I'm done doing them. To make it harder, you can lift one leg up while you're doing them.

Donkey Kicks are also really good. :)

I couldnt do the donkey kicks on the floor because of my bad knees. That's when she showed me how to do the squats using the big ball. I can do donkey kicks on my bed or couch. Can't do as many if I use a pillow.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Just learned this in class last week. Get yourself one of thos big jumbo balance balls. You can sit on the ball and bounce, and it mimmicks the effects of doing squats. How do I know? Since I couldn't do the floor work (I got bad knees too) she made me bounce on the ball. It definitely felt like I did 100 squats by the time I got finished. The ball is also very good for ab work.

yep, core balls are awesome.
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. I agree with the hip raises.
  • tootsiewootsie
    tootsiewootsie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Bump. I need a booty.