• MamaChunk
    MamaChunk Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Great work!
    I would love to see the photo's - please tell me how everyone is doing it?

Thank you
  • lwalters5
    lwalters5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    I'm not a web-savy person so I couldn't put the photos IN the thread. If you can't see them by cutting and pasting them into your browser you can also try this.

If it asks for a password it's: staghelm
    If it asks for a user name it's: anjmichou

neither have capitals or spaces. Sorry for the technical mis-haps! I even went back and looked at someone's instructions for how to post them from photobucket but it didn't work for me.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    that is an incredible change. good for you!!
  • Ditchit
    Ditchit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anj!
    What an amazing journey you must have been on! Inspiring, motivating and validating to all others on MFP.
    The mental courage it takes to begin a journey such as your and mine and everyone else's is no small feat and for that I congratulate you wholeheartedly.
    Keep going for the last 15 - you can do it, you KNOW you can!! :o)
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks for such an inspiration. I am at the very beginning of a similar journey and what you've shared really helps me feel hopeful! Thanks again!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thought I would post the pix directly:

BEFORE:

[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/fcd589b0.jpg[/img]
    Once upon a time I was miserable

[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/aprilwedding.jpg[/img]
    Another old photo

AFTER:

[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/Anjsdress.jpg[/img]
    So here I am

[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/disgruntledanj.jpg[/img]
    Ruining my pedicure

[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/thegreatwall.jpg[/img]
    At the great wall

That worked partially... the first pic is too big for MFP to display properly.
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting them!!! What a help :) The photo in the green "moo moo" is SO embarrassing! I know why it won't fit on MFP... JUST TOO FAT!!!
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. You lost me! lol

Great job! :)
  • LibLiu82
    Options
    What's really beautiful is your determination, your honesty and your sense of humor. And you look pretty darn good too. Congratulations! :heart:
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    Wow! You are a rock star, so inspirational!!! I have about as much weight to lose as you do, and it's great to see it can be done, especially when I've been struggling to get to 20 pounds lost since October now! Grrrr ... but only my own fault. A question I had though: how tall are you? I am 5'3" and hoping to get to 130, so I was just wondering ... I don't want to set my goals too lofty, and I would be ecstatic to look as you do now! Congratulations, and I wish you the best of luck with the last 15!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Great job. Look fantastic!
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Job! you must feel GREAT =)
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are doing a fantastic job. Doing it the right way, taking time for your body to adapt, and making priorities like the gym a part of your life. I couldn't be happier for you.

I DO WISH I COULD SEE THE PHOTOS. I HAVE HAD NO LUCK.

CAN SOMEBODY PLS HELP THIS NONTECH SAVVY PERSON GET ENCOURAGEMENT?

SORRY, ALL CAPS.
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    Since I'm new and VERY touched and encourage by the people I've already met here... feel free to add me as a friend. I was able to upload the pictures to my profile and all 4 of them are there. I again, really apologize to those that can't see them. A few people did post them in the thread on page 2 but if you're not able to see theirs either just add me as a friend and you can see easily! I can't wait to post the grand finale photos, hopefully by May of this year.

I'm going to Portugal in August and I've never in my life owned or EVEN tried on a bikini... I know I have stretch marks and skin and all kinds of things... but I atleast want to go to a store and try one on.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    you are amazing! you look great, I know that the journey is not always easy but it feels amazing when you stay focused and it leads to results. great job :smile:
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    I wanted to post up my ticker... as happy as I am to see this huge number if you notice the title (163 lbs lost) I hope those of you down on yourselves today will see it's not always perfect. I've had set backs to and it just makes me work harder. I've got 13 to got to be as small as I've ever been (150lbs) but the chart in my dr's office says 135 is ideal for my height. I know that the extra skin weighs a fair bit too so I've prepared myself that my 135lbs might be +10 or 15 lbs of extra skin.

The most important things I've learned...

*I can do anything I put my mind to
    *I can be hard on myself and kick my own a**
    *I have to learn how to maintain ... not just lose
    *I'm eating to live not living to eat
    *I am 200% healthier and smarter ... I won't ever let myself get too out of hand again.

Chin up everyone... each day is a struggle. Alcoholics can avoid bars... drug addicts have rehab... us "foodies" (as I call it!) have each other and our strong wills.

11012837.png
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm Anj. I woke up one day and was really disheartened that I was too fat for my "fat" pants. I hope these photos can be an inspiration to you. I didn't have any surgeries done nor did I use any weight loss programs or pills. I joined Curves for Women and tried to adjust what I eat. It's been a hard struggle and I've fought for every pound I've lost. There is no magic cure to losing weight. Food is a daily struggle. I now exercise daily at Good Life Fitness Centres and completed my first half marathon last fall. I will always fight but I'm never going back... You will have to cut and paste these links since I don't know how to "hyperlink them" into this post.

These 2 photos are from me at my heaviest... 313 lbs. One is in Greece and the other is at my friend's wedding (the bride's maid dress is a size 28)

?action=view&current=fcd589b0.jpg
    ?action=view&current=aprilwedding.jpg

These 3 are more recent photos at the 150 lb mark... First is a cute dress I loved and had to buy (size 10) Second is a tough walk in China (I spend 3 months each summer there) and Third is a windy day in a size 8 short and medium sized top at the Great Wall of China.

?action=view&current=Anjsdress.jpg
    ?action=view&current=disgruntledanj.jpg
    ?action=view&current=thegreatwall.jpg

I'm aiming for 135... hope to post up the finished product when I get the last 15lbs on the books!

Anj
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!