Fav low cal snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Air pop popcorn. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil and a lot of garlic powder and shake to coat. Add half a cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. YUM!!!
  • hlshubert
    Options
    I will def. try the turkey peperoni "chips"!!! Sounds yummy!
    I also like 1 Tbs. Peanut Butter (All Natural is best) smeared on a small whole grain tortilla, then pop in the microwave for about 20 seconds - Delish!
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Flavored Rice Cakes Yummmm
  • Oh_Suzannah
    Options
    When I want something sweet I like sugar free jello with light cool whip- when I want salty/crunchy I like to dip pretzel rods in yellow mustard. I also like laughing cow cheese on celery or apples- yum!
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    Roasted red pepper hummus, light string cheese, apples & peanut butter, popcorn with ranch seasoning, vegetables with light creamy cucumber salad dressing, skinny cow desserts... weight watchers also has some great desserts - i like their chocolate chip cookies & brownies :)
  • carmella7164
    carmella7164 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    any type of fruits, 100 cal snacks, laughing cow products, pretzels, yogurt
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Berry salad- I put in whatever I found on salad but my favorite is strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
    Cucumber and tomato drizzled with some balsamic vinegar and a touch of red wine vinegar.
    Smoked almonds
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Special K cracker chips and crackers. I counted out 27 of the cheddar flavor and had a huge pile.

The crackers are even better IMO!
  • dollienj
    Options
    I like a sugar free dark chocolate mousse cup (either Jell-O or Great Value) - 60 calories, no sugars, and it has a rich taste. If I want to "splurge", I make a parfait with two of the mousse cups and add some light whipped cream - layer it in a wine glass to make it seem more decadent. :) The parfait is 160 calories, 7g fat, 22g carbs and only 2g sugar - not too shabby for a fine dessert!
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I eat quite a bit of fruit. My favorite is now cuties. They are so good and you can eat several! I also like bananas, apples, pears, or frozen cherries or berries. I also like nuts, string cheese or popcorn too. I am a big snacker, because I get hypoglycemic if I don't eat every few hours.
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Pita chips with salsa. I take a whole wheat pita, spray it with a bit of cooking spray and season it with "Accent" or "Mrs Dash", cut it into wedges and pop it into a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Each wedge gets crispy, kinda like potato chips, and they are great served with salsa. Sometimes I don't even bother to season them. I only make one at a time and that way it's good portion control.
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Clemintines (40 cals each)
    pomagranite seeds (70 ish cals for 1/2cup)
    grapes
    wasabi peas (strong flavor ensures I don't overdo it)

I'm a total picker and like small bite sized pieces to munch on, especially in the evenings. I do still eat in front of the tv but I measure and weigh proper portion sizes so it's not quite mindless. I like things like cereals too.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    These are some awesome ideas!! Writing these down and ill definetely be picking up a few of thse things each week to help my snacking options be healthier and wayyy more low cal :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I decide to have something sweet I like skinny cow's Ice cream lol.

I love some almonds and pecans here and there :D
    Banana's
    Apples
    Smoothies
    Rice cakes
    Rice snacks
    Carrots
    Celery
    Dried Cranberries

Just to name a few
  • happyrecluse
    Options
    I LOVE cucumbers. I take a whole large cucumber peeled and diced(30-50 cals) & put lemon juice a little salt and a little cayenne pepper. It is delicious. You can also go a slightly higher calorie route and dip slices or sticks in hummus or light ranch.
  • skullkrusher22
    Options
    celery w/ natural peanut butter
    sea salt rice crackers
    cheerios w/ strawberries
    blue diamond almonds
    chex mix
    and of course my weakness- churned cookies and cream ice cream.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Carbmaster yogurt (banana cream pie... carrot cake) 60 cals

Frigo Cheese Head low fat cheese sticks 60 cals

Reduced sodium rice cake with some hummus :)
  • victorianic
    victorianic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keebler Right Bite cookies in individual pouches, sugar free strawberry jello topped with Light Cool Whip.
  • MsAziz
    MsAziz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Capsicum
    Carrots
    No fat yogurt (i can finish like 300g in one sitting!)
    All fruit :)
  • hulkling
    hulkling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    2 low fat digestive biscuits with a Braeburn apple sliced and eaten at the same time.

Somehow tastes like caramel!