Can't stop eating cake and chocolate

I never had a sweet tooth before, but I seem to have sugar cravings for cake and chocolte and am buking up my 1200 calories with thsi crap and I can't seem to stop. Driving me nuts! Any tips?

Replies

• clairebearmcgill
    clairebearmcgill Posts: 29 Member
    Think it's also making my type funny - I mean chocolate, bulking up and this!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Don't buy it. ;)
  • jens1285
    jens1285 Posts: 34 Member
    When I want something sweet, I go for Alternative Baking Comapany's Choclate cookies (they also have others). They are egg, milk, and gluten free but extremely dense. I find with a quarter-half of one my cravings for sweet are gone and I feel full for little calories.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Try making a healthy substitute version of it. There are awesome reciepes for desserts on skinnytaste.com
  • Don't buy it. ;)

^^^^This and if u absolutly need it buy special K bars ^^^^^
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Buy quality dark chocolate and only eat it when you have 5 minutes to stop and do nothing but enjoy it. I find a square of good quality dark chocolate REALLY kicks that chocolate craving!

As for cake? I have no idea what to do. I'm not a real big cake person, so maybe someone else can help you there. As long as you can budget calories for it, I would say enjoy it once in a while. Good luck! :)
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Go ahead and eat it!! Don't leave the gym till you work it off though!!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    If you're craving sweets, sometimes it's a sign you're missing some other nutrient/food. For me, sweet cravings mean I need more protein.
  • clairebearmcgill
    clairebearmcgill Posts: 29 Member
    I like what I hear from you :) !!
  • Could you be pregnant?

I never had a sweet tooth until I became pregnant
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    You CAN stop. For some reason, you're choosing not to.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say there are 3 possible causes:

1. You're not eating enough and need to increase your caloric intake.
    2. You're not sleeping enough.
    3. You're working out too much and need quick energy (see #1).

Could be any combination of factors. You're craving these things because your body needs a fast energy source. Give it energy from another source, and you won't crave sweets so much.
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    I have this exact same thing! It would never bother me all that much but lately i could just eat anything with chocolate on!
    I've heard frozen chocolate is good, obvioulsy because its frozen you can't bite it so you just suck on it and its last aaalot longer so keeps craving at bay for a bit.

I personally have a highlight hot chocolate, only i think 44 calories in one and it stops me reaching for the sweet stuff.

Hope this helps!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Do you drink a lot of diet soda?
    Sometimes that makes your sweets cravings pretty bad
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    im doing the same, im totally ruining it for myself =(
    im gonna have to stop bying the crap for everyone in my house and keep buying smarter options that i cant binge on.
    Feel free to add me for support.
  • Shortone22
    Shortone22 Posts: 5 Member
    I heard eating tuna and salmon stops the chocolate cravings. I'm not saying it replaces chocolate, I just know if I have tuna for lunch I don't get the afternoon or evening cravings. :) Good luck!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    I have 1 calorie diet chocolate pudding. Or if I really can't take it, I have a couple 35 calorie Dove dark chocolate hearts.
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Jello Mousse Temptations in chocolate indulgence is my chocolate treat when I am craving. I take small bites to savor every bit of the 60 calories in the cup. It fits well in a 1200 calorie a day diet.
  • Something I've toyed with, though it was a complete bust the first time I tried it, just have to work at it different is trying subsitutions to help lower calorie/carbs with it.

So like brownies made with splenda instead of sugar. Making things with basic ingredients instead of off the shelf processed that type of thing.

The processing is the most hit key. If you can make your own snack that is nothing but 'grocery store outer rim' type of stuff, you will be a lot better off and still be able to get your 'sugar' fix.

**this of course is just opinion, personal even, and things I've tried**

--Grocery store outer rim: Ever notice most all of the healthy stuff can be gotten from walking the outer rim isle of a grocery store and most everything that's not good for you is in every other isle--
  • EJsMummy26
    EJsMummy26 Posts: 101 Member
    Is your body craving something "naturally" sweet?

I have chocolate in the house. For example two Hershey Kisses are 45 calories. Ususally if I suck on them that will satisfy my chocolate craving...
  • I have 1 calorie diet chocolate pudding.

Please explain! Need more info :)