Jillian Michaels 30 day exercize routines

Options
2»

Replies

• wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    How do you log 30 ds in your exercise log? It doesn't come up anywhere.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I find the Jillian Michael routine to be challenging, but it has a lot to do with what size weight you are using and how hard you are pushing yourself.

I am pretty fit and her workout kicks my butt.

I too prefer to workout outside, so I also walk outdoors as well.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    if you search the message board there is results for the shred so you can see for yourself
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    How do you log 30 ds in your exercise log? It doesn't come up anywhere.

I log it under "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort" 20 minutes
  • irishbabe_78
    irishbabe_78 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the Ripped in 30. There is a group of us doing it if you want to join our group and motivate each other!
  • christinezappella
    christinezappella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. I guess I'll statr with 30 day shreed. Do I need weights for that? Thanks.
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of the 30 DS and there is a noticeable difference in leg definition already. Do it! It's only 20 mins :)
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. I guess I'll statr with 30 day shreed. Do I need weights for that? Thanks.

Yea, you'll need small hand weights. Maybe 3 - 5lbs, depending on what you like.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    love 30 day shred gets you super sore! and ppl on here have had amazing results!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    LOVE 30DS would really recommend it and its only 26 minutes including warm up and down.

Where did you see it on offer i'm currently renting 30DS
  • wendy007uk
    wendy007uk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have just finished the 30 day shred, and although I didnt have weight to lose, just wanted to tone up, I actually lost 7 1lb (currently 5ft 8", and weight 143 pound). I also lost 3 inches off my waist and 2 on my hips. I would advise anyone to stick at it and do it, and I now use it to accompany other cardio work i do in the gym, or a run outside. I also enter it as calisthenics.
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    I am on day 5 level 1 of the 30 day shred today ....Here are a few positive things off the top of my head ....

I couldnt even finish the first cardio segment on day one with out getting out of breath and stopping to walk on the spot..now I can do all of it but I kinda take a few seconds rest during the last ab workout..I do regular crunches for about 5 seconds then lift my legs back up to do the scissor crunches.

I couldnt do my elliptical for 2 mins with out my legs feeling too heavy to move before I started ..now I can go for 30 mins and not lose my breath at all....It conditions you quickly if you work through the first 3 days..

I have lost about 4 pounds since starting ...but that is in combination with low carb/no sugar and elliptical ...dancing etc ....either way the shred is really getting my body to a place where I have more energy and don't lose my breath when I work out.

Mentally I feel strong and fit..I have more confidence to try new activities and I am stoked that my clothes fit better already. (I have been working on losing for one month and am down 16 pounds :) It was diet related loss with no real inches lost until I started the shred...now I feel my belly tightening up and my waist is getting defined. Hard to believe after ony 5 days .
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    I was recording it as circuit training...
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred. I do like it, I am seeing results from it. The first 2 weeks I lost 3 pouds each week. I had to stop for 4 days last week and lost only not even a full pound. I started back up on Sunday with level 2. I do like the results I am getting from it. But, I also do a cardio workout to aside from them. You do sweat. I have my heat turned down to 60 degrees while doing videos and sweat is still pouring off of me.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 6 week 6 pack. There are two levels (35 min each)...do 3 weeks at each. After a week at level 1, i tried level 2. Tough, but I could do it. It was getting a little boring for me doing the same dvd every day, so i bought ripped in 30. HOLY COW!!!! It was TOUGH! It's only 20 minutes. So that's great when there's not a lot of time for a workout. I'll be getting 30 day shred when I get through these two.
  • christinezappella
    christinezappella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks again guys. I saw it (and bought it) on Amazon.com for like, $5. Will pick up weights at Modell's this afternoon. Hope I can do this. :)
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    30DS is great because it is a good workout in a short amount of time. Great if you are just starting out !
  • CAudge
    Options
    I absolutely love the 30DS!! Does anyone know how to note it under exercise though?