30 Day Shred :: Motivation Needed!

Options
I did level one with no problems, it was hard but I stuck with it. Last Wednesday I moved to level 2, and I hated it so much I haven't worked out since! Today I am definitely getting back into it but I am so dreading it. I hate having such a negative attitude!

Things I do for motivation: look at all of the fitness pins on pinterest...and hop on MFP and read what my friends are doing....but it's not working right now.

Replies

• qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I did my first day of Level 2 yesterday... I don't even want to think about doing it again today! :( I find that putting the video on mute and listning to music that I like helps me push through it a little easier! But I'll kick your butt if you'll do the same for me for the next 19 days! :)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Ill be honest, I hated level 2. Aweful. I dont have the best knees, and it was really hard on me. Just power through, its only 10 days. Level 3 is MUCH better IMHO. Ive been doing level 3 for about 4 months now (I just do the level 3 workout), with 4x the weight and 2x the speed, but its a better workout than level 2, but isnt as painful. Just keep with it!
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wish I hadn't read this now, I have bad knees too so sounds like I'll hate level 2.

When I struggle I just keep thinking about what I want my body to look like when I've done, usually helps me get through. There's always times when I don't want to do it but I put it in anyway and do it as it's only 20 minutes of torture for what could be a lifetime of happiness if it helps me reach my target. I feel so much happier when I've done it and can think, "Hey, I did it! It wasn't so bad..."
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hated level 2!!!!!! I just finished level 3 yesterday and it is definitely easier. It wasn't fun but just know that it's only 10 days and you want to see those results. I counted down each day and did the best I could. As long as you give it your best and push through it,that's what matters!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    if you're not ready for level 2, just stay at level 1. There are no hard & fast rules about doing which level when. Customize it for YOU
    you don't even HAVE to do it every day

exercise should be fun. find something you LIKE and you won't have to find motivation to do it
  • Jessastar
    Options
    What's helping me, is saying "Right after I get done with this, I'm chucking it at the wall"

and "it's only 20 minutes.. I have nothing better to do for 20 minutes"

If it's too hard to do some of it, I usually modified them a LITTLE bit, example, with the planks, I balanced on my mattress or table so I'm doing a plank, but not on the floor. If that makes sense?

So like, I go into push up position, but my hands are on my mattress/table and my feet are on the floor but my back is straight. With the walking pushups, I just do a plank like I described and push up a little since it's easier for me. And so far It's been giving me the same results as if I would to do it on the floor.

I don't like level 2 either, but Hey.. if you stick with it, the sooner you can get it out of your life.

And if you don't stick with it, who's to say you won't stick with something else?
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that the 30 DS is not for everyone. More power to all those people that have actually done it. I have tried several time to start and finish it, but it never happens. I have talked to several people about it, and we have decided if you don't like it, you just don't like it, and Jillian isn't for everyone. A lot of people swear by it, and her, but she just isn't for everyone.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    gosh, I am sorry! I couldnt get through level one with my knees! :frown: tried to start again yesterday but after reading this I think I will put it on the back burner again for a while! :ohwell:
  • shariTN
    Options
    What I did was added it one day a week. Then eventually 2 days and so forth. I thought just get though today and tomorrow you can do level 1 again. Plus after doing Jillian DVDs for several years, I have learned you can always make them harder. If you cont. to do level 1, just increase your weights. I also started wearing ankle and wrist weights to make the cardio harder. And I stared to leg raises with the chest flys.
    And for Level 2 I could not do those V flys (?) for a while, so I did them without weights (no hand weights, but had 1 lb wrist weights).
    Another thing after doing these for a little while you don't really need the DVD. Just make a play list of some of your favorite music, and go for it! I think it makes it at least "feel" easier.

One more idea, get another one of Jillians DVDs and do that level one to mix it up. I had a horrendous semester this fall and hardly worked out at all. It was so hard to get started again, so for a few weeks I just did Level one of all my DVDs doing something different every day. The first level of Ripped is really doable I believe and so is the 1st level of Shred it with Weights and level 1 Extreme Shed and Shred.
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I tried doing 30 ds 3 times now and can't get past level 1!!!! I'm so sore by the time I get done that it makes it very hard to take car of my little ones... I can hardly move!!!
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I stayed at level 1 for 14 days...then moved onto level 2..I'm now on Day 8 of Level 2...I agree it is hard...but does get somewhat easier as the days go by....and just keep thinking each day you are that much closer to your goal!...
  • bean4max
    Options
    if you're not ready for level 2, just stay at level 1. There are no hard & fast rules about doing which level when. Customize it for YOU
    you don't even HAVE to do it every day

exercise should be fun. find something you LIKE and you won't have to find motivation to do it
    Yep what she said.
    Plus, go snoop the site for 30day shred results! SO motivating.
    I just started and am still on level one and everyone says Lvl 2 ROTS but I just think It's just 10 days. It's just 10 days. It's just 10 days......
  • michbaden
    Options
    I have to say I felt the same way about level 2 the first time I tried it - I just HATED it!
    I'm on my second time round now and I actually quite like it now - I know, it's wrong
    I've lost nearly 2 inches from my belly in 9 days - bring on the plank if it does that!

Don't stress about it, you'll get there. It's only 20 minutes and the results are amazing :)