TOMATOES

Options
sugarlovebug
sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
okay, I am not a tomatoe fan. I am trying a diet that calls for a lot of tomatoes. How can I cook these things? I can not use any type of oils or butters. I can use any type of seasoning, lemon and vinegar.

Replies

• jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My favorite tomato sauce is:

6-7 peeled tomatoes- deseeded and processed in food processor with 2 cloves garlic
    1 can tomato paste + 1 can water < (you can skip this if you're a strict clean eater, it just helps thicken and smooth the sauce)
    1 TBSP (each) parsely, oregano
    1 tsp salt
    2 tsp pepper
    1/2 onion, chopped fine

put in crock pot for 6-8 hours on low

Serve over anything- whole wheat pasta, a vegetable stirfry, grilled chicken breast... etc
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I throw chopped tomatoes into soups or stews. They take on the taste of everything else and still offer their healthiness.
  • sugarlovebug
    Options
    Ok, let me explain further. I can't make anything out of the tomatoes, like put in a stew, soup or sauce. They have to be plain tomatoe slices or chopped. I want to like maybe grill them or something with spices. I don't know, if they would be good like that or what else to do with them. on week 4 of this diet I have to eat 16 tomatoes!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    LOL what kind of crazy diet is that!? oh well the lycopene can't hurt you and yes, grilled tomatoes are delicious.

here's one
    just slice some tomatoes, cucumbers & red onion - mix with some cider vinegar (or flavored vinegar of your choice) and let this marinate a couple hours or over night

tangy & delicious
  • feistymoon
    Options
    roast in the oven with garlic, chilli, and basil.... real low temp for hours.... they will become sticky and sweet, pre-sun dried almost. Sooooo nice
  • sugarlovebug
    Options
    roast in the oven with garlic, chilli, and basil.... real low temp for hours.... they will become sticky and sweet, pre-sun dried almost. Sooooo nice

OH! Sounds wonderful! Thank you!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you don't like tomatoes, don't eat them. Instead of trying a "diet" that forces you to choke down foods you hate, why not focus on eating better within your calorie targets and exercising?
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this wrong, but...
    Why would you choose a "diet" that required you to eat a lot of the very food you don't like?
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I'd like to know what this diet is too. I looooooove tomatoes.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    If you don't like tomatoes, why in the world are you trying a diet that calls for a lot of them??? I be confused.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    can you eat them with avacados? i use tomatos in guacamole? with garlic avacado, cumin nad kosher salt

if not I like mine grilled, sliced with salt pepper,or in just a little balsamic vinigar...but I love tomatos and eat them alomst every day.

Good Luck!
  • sugarlovebug
    Options
    LOL what kind of crazy diet is that!? oh well the lycopene can't hurt you and yes, grilled tomatoes are delicious.

here's one
    just slice some tomatoes, cucumbers & red onion - mix with some cider vinegar (or flavored vinegar of your choice) and let this marinate a couple hours or over night

tangy & delicious

sounds good as well!

Here is one version of the diet I am doing: www.socalsportspool.com/the_diet.pdf

Its a 28 day Chemical Balance Diet. You can lose up to 60lbs if you're really strict with it. I'm not going to be strict strict with it, since I only need to lose 30lbs.
  • Contrarian
    Options

here's one

tangy & delicious

sounds good as well!

Here is one version of the diet I am doing: www.socalsportspool.com/the_diet.pdf

Its a 28 day Chemical Balance Diet. You can lose up to 60lbs if you're really strict with it. I'm not going to be strict strict with it, since I only need to lose 30lbs.

I would question the varacity of any "diet" claiming people can drop 60lbs in under a month. It sounds unhealthy and, to be honest, a bit dangerous. How many calories per day will you be consuming?
  • sugarlovebug
    Options
    I really don't know. It depends on how much you eat of what it calls for that particular day. I figured up today would be around 1,200cals. There is no limit on what you eat most of the time. I couldn't call it unhealthy, you are eating good things and a mass quanity at that. to me its more healthy then what I have been doing, nothing but junk and processed foods.
  • shanghaiskinny2be
    Options
    Raw:
    Wash it, eat it with a skin. Think of it as one super juicy apple

Juice:
    Dice it, slice it. Put the tomato in the juicer with a dash of lime and maybe some chili pepper. DELISH!

You can also chop some cherry tomato in your typical omelet pan and instead of putting eggs or oil in there with the little red things, just put in water and let the tomato "pop" let the juice ooze out and add some basil/oregeno/all-purpose spices!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I really don't know. It depends on how much you eat of what it calls for that particular day. I figured up today would be around 1,200cals. There is no limit on what you eat most of the time. I couldn't call it unhealthy, you are eating good things and a mass quanity at that. to me its more healthy then what I have been doing, nothing but junk and processed foods.
    Look closely. You will not approach 1,200 calories most days. Look at some days...

Week 4, Day 1: FOUR SMALL STEAKS, THREE TOMATOES, FOUR CUKES

Week 4, Day 2: TWO SMALL STEAKS (200g TOTAL), THREE TOMATOES, FOUR CUKES, ONE TOAST, ONE APPLE OR GUAVA OR PEAR OR ONE SLICE MELON, ONE ORANGE OR GRAPEFRUIT

Week 4, Day 3: ANY TYPE VEGGIE, DINNER AND SALAD AND FRUIT

You will be eating well below a healthy amount of calories. Why do this? Taking shortcuts only leads to gaining it back soon thereafter and/or health problems.

Also, why trust an eating plan that is full of typos. Big red flag there, sweetheart.
  • Contrarian
    Options

Losing that much weight in such a short period of time isn't healthy, no matter what you are eating. Why not try aiming for a goal of 1lb per week and change your eating habits? Crash diets don't normally produce sustainable results. Take your time and be healthy, eating foods you actually like!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

They say "you can lose 60lbs..." because one person did, one person who was probably morbidly obese and exercising for the first time ever.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    What the hell is a cuke? That sounds lethal.
    Look closely. You will not approach 1,200 calories most days. Look at some days...

Week 4, Day 1: FOUR SMALL STEAKS, THREE TOMATOES, FOUR CUKES

Week 4, Day 2: TWO SMALL STEAKS (200g TOTAL), THREE TOMATOES, FOUR CUKES, ONE TOAST, ONE APPLE OR GUAVA OR PEAR OR ONE SLICE MELON, ONE ORANGE OR GRAPEFRUIT

Week 4, Day 3: ANY TYPE VEGGIE, DINNER AND SALAD AND FRUIT

You will be eating well below a healthy amount of calories. Why do this? Taking shortcuts only leads to gaining it back soon thereafter and/or health problems.

Also, why trust an eating plan that is full of typos. Big red flag there, sweetheart.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love this diet! I had pizza yesterday, meatloaf for lunch today, and plan cheese burgers tonight.