What is your biggest enemy food?

I know we all have our weaknesses, but for me, it's potatoes. I love them, always have. I am trying hard to cut back on them but it is very difficult. What is your weakness food?

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    I have some serious psychological issues do pretty much anything with calories lol.

Why are you worried about potatoes? They are über healthy :D
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    They are loaded with carbs, calories, and starches which aren't too great. I could eat them for every meal I love em so much.
  • Biscuits!!!!!!!!!! major weekness for them, just cant bring myself to say no. so staying far away from them
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Pizza. Loaded with the deadly duo of refined carbs and fat. Tastes so good.
  • Reedern
    Pizza. Loaded with the deadly duo of refined carbs and fat. Tastes so good.
    Agreed, pizza is so sinful. Hard to stay away from it, especially since it is such an easy dinner fix.
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Bread .. I swear I could eat my own body weight in bread and it doesn't even have to have anything on it , especially the wholegrain nutty type toasted :-(

That's why I ration myself to only at one meal a day and no more than two slices ...
  • gotta be cake, cheesecake is my downfall
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    Scones and muffins. Especially ones in interesting flavors. Currant scones I can easily pass up, but pumpkin, ginger, chocolate, strawberry, spices or pear and I am so tempted.
  • brookenjeff
    brookenjeff Posts: 1 Member
    Coke!!! It's soo sweet and fizzy and yummy! I find for myself it was easier to quit smoking than it is to quit drinking coke. And pizza it's the best food in the world. I had some over the weekend and was shocked when I saw 3 pieces were 1000 calories! Last but not least chocolate. It's like the crack of the food world.
  • donni123
    donni123 Posts: 52 Member
    Crackers!!! Cheezits, Ritz, Wheat Thins:) No portion control on my part. Trying to abstain.
  • FRENCH FRIES. I crave french fries and sometimes have to give in. And anything that I can put buffalo sauce on.
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    I have to go with bread too, so hard to resist and easty to overeat. MFP has helped me realize how many calories I was actually consuming though, so now I limit my intake; usually a sandwich for lunch.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Anything sweet. Cookies, pies, cake...Uuuggh.
    Yesterday I caved, and ate a chocolate covered marshmallow that was dipped in sugar. Actually ate two. I am weak.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Wine is the one "enemy" that I've refused to give up. But chips, Cheetos in particular, are really my weakness. If they are around I will eat them. All my friends and family know that if you bring chips to my house for a party or cookout, you take what's left with you when you leave. I do not allow leftover chips at my house. When the party is over, it's over!!
  • Reedern
    I tend to really struggle with breads.... when they are readily available.... ranch dressing too. That's why I don't have them at my house too much.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Anything with sugar I take something healthy and make it bad.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Candy. Totally. Or I should say SUGAR! Hubby eats all this junk in front of me all the time. It sucks!
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Potato chips. An open bag does not remain full for long. Only way to prevent a total chip meltdown is to not buy them at all. No such thing as a small portion.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 548 Member
    chips and salsa
  • Beer.
    Tortilla chips.
    French fries.
    Mac & cheese.

Great... now I'm hungry.