Just a question...

Options
So, I've always been one of those people who is iffy about how accurate scales are. At my house, we have your typical bathroom scale but I typically weigh myself on my wii fit because it helps me visually track my goals and see how I'm doing. I'm just wondering if anyone knows which would be more accurate. Any ideas?

Replies

• cwalters1540
    cwalters1540 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I do my once-a-week weigh-in I first weigh a 5 lb. weight. If it measures 5.2 lbs. then I know to deduct .2 lbs. from my weight. That's the most accurate way I can think of doing it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Just use 1 method consistantly. Weight can flucuate from day to day (sodium, time of month). Measurements are a really good way to go. Sometimes the scale doesn't move ....... but then you find you've lost an inch or two.
  • HelloRevvie
    Options
    When I do my once-a-week weigh-in I first weigh a 5 lb. weight. If it measures 5.2 lbs. then I know to deduct .2 lbs. from my weight. That's the most accurate way I can think of doing it.

I guess I'll have to try that :) Good idea! Thanks!
  • HelloRevvie
    Options
    Just use 1 method consistantly. Weight can flucuate from day to day (sodium, time of month). Measurements are a really good way to go. Sometimes the scale doesn't move ....... but then you find you've lost an inch or two.

Thanks! I think that's what I"m going to do. I'm going to stick with my wii fit scale because I'm more of a visual learner and seeing my progress helps to motivate me :) Thanks for your help!