JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (March 24-30)

Options
2»

Replies

• Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I feel like I am not going anywhere but up!!!

Starting weight 176
    one month ago 162:smile:
    last week 164:angry:
    today 167:explode:

Good luck to everyone else. HH
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Congratulations! You have lost a decent amount of weight!

I will be going on vacation to Montana on July 2nd so if you are staring a July Goal challenge I would love to be a part of it.

Welcome! Kistinbee started this challenge in February and people are doing very well so far.
    What part of Montana??

Congratulations Bob!! 40 lbs is fantastic!! Keep it up. I haven't really hit a plateau yet either and I am keeping my fingers crossed!:tongue:

Glacier National Park!!! SOrry it took so long to respond just came back from a week long business trip.

Melissa
  • Bert
    Bert Posts: 27
    Options
    I have transverse myelitis which is a one episode cousin to MS. I'd be interested in sharing with others successful ways to exercise while staying relatively cool. For example, my right side goes numb within 5 minutes of eliptical. I can keep going since I don't have to move my right foot off the foot rest. I don't do the treadmill as I'm concerned I'll trip.

I absolutely love to ski and have graduated to the black diamonds this year. I'm just careful to dress light so I stay cool. It's all about not raising my body temperature. I'm wishing I could come up with something to keep my body temp low in the summer. Any thoughts on this?
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm sorry i didn't post last week, i had stayed the same and was very annoyed about it!! :mad:

Start of mfp 231lbs
    start of July Goal challenge 182lbs
    weight last week 175lbs
    weight this week 173lbs
    loss this week 2lbs
    loss in challenge 9lbs

goal for july 147lbs
    left to go 26lbs!!

I am happy about that, i dunno whats going on with my body but it seems to be taking every other week to show a loss!! oh well as long as it keeps going in the right direction!! :wink:

Cheers Everyone!! :drinker:

Amanda
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have transverse myelitis which is a one episode cousin to MS. I'd be interested in sharing with others successful ways to exercise while staying relatively cool. For example, my right side goes numb within 5 minutes of eliptical. I can keep going since I don't have to move my right foot off the foot rest. I don't do the treadmill as I'm concerned I'll trip.

I absolutely love to ski and have graduated to the black diamonds this year. I'm just careful to dress light so I stay cool. It's all about not raising my body temperature. I'm wishing I could come up with something to keep my body temp low in the summer. Any thoughts on this?

Maybe you can wear a headband or a light hat that is soaked in cold water while you work out...And don't wear cotton. It holds in moisture. Look for a "wicking" material like poly propolene. Good luck! And congrats on the black diamonds!!:drinker: I am sad that the ski season is all but over :cry:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I am happy about that, i dunno whats going on with my body but it seems to be taking every other week to show a loss!! oh well as long as it keeps going in the right direction!! :wink:

Amanda

I am having the same problem as you Amanda. I will lose a decent amount one week and barely anything the next. Very frustrating. Since it is coming up on my "water retention week" I have decided to eat more and see what happens (I'll probably have a gain on Monday anyway). I think my metabolism has speeded up from getting in better shape and I may not be eating enough, because I am certainly working out a lot. Good luck, and let me know if you figure it out!!
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    I feel like I am not going anywhere but up!!!

Starting weight 176
    one month ago 162:smile:
    last week 164:angry:
    today 167:explode:

Good luck to everyone else. HH

Don't worry to much hheath! You are still down and overall of 10 lbs and that is awesome!!! Keep up the good work and the results will show up in your favor soon! :flowerforyou:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have many goals that i would like to reach by my vacation in July.

1) weigh 240 @ 12% body fat. (i need to gain about 15lbs muscle for this)
    2) body part mesurements (see profile)

Starting weight Jan/08 268 (no body fat but high 20's im sure)
    Start MFP Feb/08 262
    3/17/08 249 23% body fat
    3/24/08 249 22% body fat and 1/2 inch off waist.

Im not looking forward to my monday 3/31 weigh in. i have not been able to lift for a couple days now. i seem to have hurt my shoulder. maybe i can get a cortizone shot to get me through a few more weeks. in the mean time i guess i just continue with my 3x per week cardio and maybe just do my leg work outs. heading out to the gym in a few.

Tim