Options

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I look like hell going in.. Hell, I prob look better on my way out hahahaha
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    Look we are there to whip our bodies on some sort of shape for our own( perhaps masochistic) enjoyment. Stare if you'd like. But don't touch.

And if someone is checking you out at the gym, they are obviously not working out hard enough. How do I know this? Because I catch myself admiring a handsome man from time to time and I know I need to kick it up a notch.

And BTW: military gyms are sometimes the worse if you are a girl. That's why I stay away from them if at all possible. Perhaps its just the ones I've been to.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    It's really embarrassing but I sweat alot ugh. The worst part is walking away with my hair sticking to my face and neck... How embarrassing. But at least I'm burning fat

^ I sweat a lot too. I don't really care though, I'd rather be losing weight and sweaty then fat and sweaty. hahahahaha

I enjoy eye candy.

But...if I worry to much about how I look, then I start thinking about everything, and get out of my groove! I think I check out women more than men...seeing how much better I am doing than they are on the machine next to me...tee-hee! :laugh:

*OH, and sometimes I have a little bit of eye make up leftover....and I end up looking like a racoon. HA!
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    Maybe it's the fact that I go to a military gym (when I actually go) that that kind of thing never happens to me....... lol. Everyone is so focused on actually working out.

Me too, don't really have this problem... but i go in my boyfriends old t-shirts and basketball short anyways so no one gets the wrong idea. I don't want any attention while im working out, im beet red, sweaty, stinky and not cute at all. lol
  • seanian
    seanian Posts: 103
    Options
    I couldn't agree more gyms are for sweating your *kitten* off, if I don't look like a wreck when i leave then I don't feel like I put the work in. You look like a mess at the gym so you can look great on the weekends!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    oh gosh, i feel the same. if i did not look crazy, i would wear sunglasses, but that will probably bring more attention to me, whcihb is what i try to avoid
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It's really embarrassing but I sweat alot ugh. The worst part is walking away with my hair sticking to my face and neck... How embarrassing. But at least I'm burning fat

Me too, I go to my Zumba class and within a couple of routines my hair is drenched. Everyone else leaves looking much the same as they arrived and I look like I've been swimming. It's just my head, the rest of me sweats normally but my head... jeez!!!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Shots fired!! lol , but I agree...
  • cmaguire305
    cmaguire305 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to work out and that's it. Sure I see attractive women at the gym and I'll definitely take a quick look, but I certainly wouldn't go beyond that and I wouldn't interrupt anyone to hit on them (especially since I'm happily married). But that being said, you women think that your "hot-mess" look is going to turn us off? Sadly a sweaty woman in her workout outfit is just freaking HOT!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the fact that I go to a military gym (when I actually go) that that kind of thing never happens to me....... lol. Everyone is so focused on actually working out.

Same here. And then, too.... being that everyone is out of uniform, none of the guys really know whether you might actually out-rank them. ;)
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Going at 5:30am... I am not even a Hot Mess. I am just a mess who just got out of bed - pandora music blasting, racing against the clock - not being bothered by anyone and if by any chance there is someone that looks, I won't even notice cuz I am not paying attention...
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    I definitely don't look cute inside the gym but I sure look 'hot' when I step out.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    oh im sooo with you on this!! it annoys me, when i go to the gym, i stick my heaphones in, turn the volume up full blast and i will workout untill it kills me! i HATE it when people interupt me, i dont mind smiling at people as im walking past them, but it makes me wanna pull my hair out when the stop for a chat.!! i have to pause my music, take out my headphones and im not getting my moneys worth by standing there talking, to complete strangers!! i can seriously get really arsy with people who think they just take me away from working out!!!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    You know... I do not get the whole going to the gym to hit on someone thought process. Trying to hit on someone or being hit on is the LAST thing I'm thinking about. I'm focused on working out and going home.

Though I will admit to ogling my boyfriend when he's having a "shoulder" day. There is just something yum about his shoulders. But, really? I came to the gym with him and I'm going home with him - totally different than going to the gym to try and find someone to go home with. LOL
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Ohhh man. I'm in love.:love:

<<I may even go out of my way to look 'A hot mess' as I would put it. I try to make myself unapproachable (earphones in ear, music blasting) therefore it is (or should be) very clear that I am not here for YOU, I am here for ME. Im not rude, just not interested. So dont get all in your feelings when I don't talk to you or respond to your wack *kitten* pick up lines! Boy please, go somewhere before your feelings get hurt.>>
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    chickie that cracks me up rotfl
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am cute everywhere I go. However, I am obviously married and my 2 small children are usually with me.
  • CocoaBeautiful78
    Options
    I may even go out of my way to look 'A hot mess' as I would put it. I try to make myself unapproachable (earphones in ear, music blasting) therefore it is (or should be) very clear that I am not here for YOU, I am here for ME. Im not rude, just not interested. So dont get all in your feelings when I don't talk to you or respond to your wack *kitten* pick up lines! Boy please, go somewhere before your feelings get hurt.

OMG girl! I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I even mentioned it in my status not that long ago......
    "I need to get some shirts made. One of them will say (front) There is a time and place to talk and be cute (back) The gym isn't one of them! Maybe then people will get the point. This isn't an episode of Cheers....I don't wanna know your name!"

Some men wanna act like you are there to talk to them. Um, what part of my workout clothes, ipod and sweat dripping down my body is telling you I entered this room to be approached by you? The gym is my "me" time! Respect it! lol
  • BrittanyAlexisN
    Options
    AMEN! I was just thinking this the other day. I was in Miami for work and needed a new gym to go to, so I used one of those trial offer passes. So I walk in to this place and start running on the treadmill (Big poofy running shorts, no make-up, and big ol tank top). I love to run so I hit it hard and get all sweaty. Man, the whole time I had guys either staring or trying to talk to me. Really boys? You think I look this fit by standing by talking to gym rats? Puh-leeze! I'm here to get my work-out on! Thanks for voicing what all of us are thinking!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Here's a pro-tip

When Casanova approaches, let him get within a couple feet and rip a big 'ol exercise fart.

^ lmao