LOOKING FOR SUPPORTIVE CHRISTIAN FRIENDS!

Options

Replies

• leah1023
    Options
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

May Godbless you on your weight loss journey!
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm always looking for other Christians to surround myself with during this weightloss journey!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    As my pastor put it, "you worship what you serve" and while food is good, it makes a lousy God.

That is hilarious, but soooo true!!!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi nice to mee you!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Check out this link. It is a Christian support group on MFP where you can discuss your religious beliefs with others in a place where your threads won't get locked. There are a number of topics that are better left to discussion in groups instead of on the main forums.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/28-christians-unite
  • heights180
    heights180 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    amen god bless you all, without god nothing is possible.... i thank god everyday for giving me the strength.. GBU all.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Josh, You can do this and BTW check out the group Christians unite :)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm not Christian, but a Catholic. But, I love Jesus!!!!!!!!!

I try to fast (bread and water) on Wed and Friday (its hard and tempting to eat) and the last time I did it was 6 months ago.....but, I still love Him. Remember his love, live by his ways and he shall support you in everything!

Um... Catholics are Christians?
  • skinEme1018
    Options
    Josh,

This weight loss is part of your testimony now. Remember we can not have the "TEST"imony without test. The weight loss goal will feel like a pass or fail grade every now and then but it is only a short test and there are no Final exams. I pray that you keep focused and always ask God's help to make it to your goal and be fast to forgive yourself if you haven't made it in your time line. I believe God has a destiny for you and you will make the weight loss as soon as He wants you to. Your testimony will inspire so many to start living a better lifestyle because you will be the proof that with Faith it is possible to reach that goal. Thank you for sharing part of your testimony and inspiring me! :smile:
  • heights180
    heights180 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    PROVERBS 3 5-8

Trust the LORD completely, and don’t depend on your own knowledge. 6 With every step you take, think about what he wants, and he will help you go the right way. 7 Don’t trust in your own wisdom, but fear and respect the LORD and stay away from evil. 8 If you do this, it will be like a refreshing drink and medicine for your body.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You have my support! Way to go so far!!
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hey Josh, congrats! Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for fellow believers to encourage & support as well as be encouraged!
  • Robeypa1
    Robeypa1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go...remember perserverance...perserverance...perserverance...can't say that enough, the big thing is watching what you put inside your body, that's 75% of this journey, drink lots of water, stick with it kid, if I can do it at 52 years old you can too!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that Catholics were Christians?

I love Jesus my Lord and Savior!

I am a Roman Catholic and a teacher at my Parrish. Yes, we are Christians! Thank you for pointing this out.
  • alliecat40
    alliecat40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been looking for other christian friends for quite some time.
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    I wish I knew more young religious people like you! I'm in Spain right now and I'm the only one my age who goes to church! Good luck everyone with your journeys! We can lose this weight...with God nothing is impossible!!!! :)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums. I suggest you take advantage of our Groups option, which allows you to join specific forums for like minded people. Im sure there are some christian groups that may appeal to you
  • habsfan802
    habsfan802 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Born again believer, I am a recovering drug addict and now food addict. I have to totally immerse myself in God or I can become addicted to something else. I guess I am an extremest or just dependent. I have to become totally dependent on God or something else will fill that void. Anyway feel free to friend me, I am here for anyone that needs to talk as well. I work in full time ministry to help people with life controlling problems.
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Awesome testimony!! You can mos def add me as a pal!!