super bowl left overs

Options
HEEEELLP!!!!

I have a HUGE problem! We just had a huge superbowl party yesterday and we have A LOT of food left over... chips, chili, guacamole, onion dip, buffalo wings, blue cheese dressing and sweets....while last night i indulged a little i dont know what to do with the leftovers! my roommates insisted on making everything full fat so the boys would like it but now the boys are gone and its just us girls. I have been eating so well and none of these foods... as they are... are on my diet plan but i hate hate hate throwing out food... esp if it is still good! any recommendations? anybody know what can be frozen and maybe saved for another party? i know the food wont be eaten and i dont want it to get thrown out... please any suggestions???

thank you!!!!

EDIT:
1. THROWING AWAY IS NOT AN OPTION. I JUST CAN'T DO IT. NOT AN OPTION
2. SHELTERS/SOUP KITCHENS DO NOT ACCEPT HOMEMADE FOOD - ONLY CANNED/SEALED/UNOPENED ETC FOOD. SO THIS ISN'T AN OPTION EITHER... granted i live in NYC and could find a homeless person to just give it to...seems a little weird to me....

Replies

• jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Take it to work and share it with your co-workers!
  • acharmon74
    Options
    You could have sent it home with these boys. Do they live nearby so they could come and get those bad things out of your house?
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    donate to local charity that feeds homeless/hungry.
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Obviously, you need to have another party!!!!!
    Call me.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    hmm ask them to come back and get the food?
    lol id toss bc i have to overcome the whole "dont throw out" thing, if i dont want it, it better go bc i dont wanna see it!
  • karah0011
    karah0011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with my queso dip from yesterday. I ended up leaving it at my aunts house because I knew I would eat it all. I was pretty proud of myself!

I agree...take it to work or school and let others finish it off!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Freeze what you can (like the chilli and any other sweets.) If you have unopened packages of chips, etc. you can return them to the store. Otherwise I would toss it all!!
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE STAT! Are there any starving animals in the neighborhood? :laugh:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I like the freezing suggestion. I really think most anything can be frozen and kept for a matter of months (I haven't specifically tried freezing those things, but I don't see why it wouldn't work). The other suggestions are good too.
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Tell those ladies they need to learn to be sneaky! :) I have been using all low-fat cheese, low fat sour cream, and 2% milk products in recipes. (I have other sneaks, but can't think of them...) My husband is eating those products just fine and he is
    none the wiser...:) As for your dilemma, I can only think that unless you want to eat it...toss it :( I know its a waste but I guess its
    either have another party (for fun! a game night, movie night, etc.) Its either eat it or that...hope someone else is more helpful!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Take it to work and sabotage your co-workers!

There. Fixed it for you. :wink:
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Take it to work and share it with your co-workers!

^^^^
    This!

Chili does freeze very well, so that's one for you. I think wings probably would, too. Your coworkers will eat all your sweets and dips might be a loss.

One quick tip for your roomies: The Boys don't know the difference between low-fat and full-fat unless you tell 'em. Trust me. Good night, I once fed an absolute carnivore tofu without him realizing it! He actually thought it was chicken. And he HATES tofu (or so he thinks ;) ).
  • hsmithway
    Options
    Generally I keep some Gladware or other cheap food storage around so that when I make "special" food for guests I can send them home with leftovers.

So I agree with the previous poster - take it to work, have people over again, share with a neighbor, something.
  • scrapbookdiva2
    Options
    THROW IT OUT!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Take it to work and sabotage your co-workers!

There. Fixed it for you. :wink:

Ain't nobody gonna make you eat it if they bring it to work, honey. Just leave it for the others. I do. :)
  • livingaloha
    Options
    Whenever I make food for a social occasion where we have people over that I dont want to keep in the house after they are gone I make sure I send all the leftovers home with our guests. They are always happy to take food home, and I dont end up throwing food out. If nothing else I just call one of our kids (24 yr olds) and they are always happy to come pick it up-lol!
  • shariTN
    Options
    some great ideas, but remember this: It is better to throw out food than to eat it just to keep from "wasting" it. If its food you don't need and are over-eating on then it really is already wasted anyway.

Remember better to go to waste than to waist.

with that said I am sure you can find someone to give it to.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Give it away, there were good suggestions about homeless/charity, or coworkers! Maybe even the boys lol
  • rhogro
    rhogro Posts: 12
    Options
    Take it to work - they'll eat anything!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Obviously, you need to have another party!!!!!
    Call me.

There's a good answer! :smile: