Options
    I ate 1,318 calories over on Sunday.

I don't regret it, either.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options

I believe it is okay (and good for you even) to have a day where you dont eat perfectly. My personal thought is that your body gets used to the same foods and amount of calories and sometimes a big eating day can break the monotony and poke your metabolism and say "wake up!" Thats just my own opinion though. No idea if it is true. It is good not to feel guilty about it because that might put you in a bad mind set for more weight loss. Just mho again. Nice job on the 72lbs by the way!!
  • jessi3891
    Options
    =/ it was bad lol but everyone slips and superbowl weekend is a huge eating time plus my team lost and i think i gained 5lbs during that last minute was sooooo suspenseful
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

I believe it is okay (and good for you even) to have a day where you dont eat perfectly. My personal thought is that your body gets used to the same foods and amount of calories and sometimes a big eating day can break the monotony and poke your metabolism and say "wake up!" Thats just my own opinion though. No idea if it is true. It is good not to feel guilty about it because that might put you in a bad mind set for more weight loss. Just mho again. Nice job on the 72lbs by the way!!
    Yep, that's how I see it. I eat properly most of the time, so a super indulgence every once in a while won't hurt every now and then. Coincidentally Sunday is my 'cheat day' but I usually don't go over that much. Still, no regrets! :D

Thank you, by the way! Just 7 or so more lbs to goal, then I can start to maintain. Yeah!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I went into the day knowing it was pointless to even try. I just considered it my cheat day since I can't remember the last time I had one. I had queso dip made with turkey chili and low fat cream cheese, that's about as healthy as I got all day...and I gotta say I enjoyed it immensely. Wasn't singing quite the happy song when I got on the scale this morning, but no permanent damage done, I'm back at it today.
  • cooter2533
    Options
    Well I ate 4000 (1600 is normal intake) calories of wings and cheese dip basically lol, but I lost 2.2 lbs this week so I would call that surviving. Couldn't be happier
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I went into the day knowing it was pointless to even try. I just considered it my cheat day since I can't remember the last time I had one. I had queso dip made with turkey chili and low fat cream cheese, that's about as healthy as I got all day...and I gotta say I enjoyed it immensely. Wasn't singing quite the happy song when I got on the scale this morning, but no permanent damage done, I'm back at it today.

It is important to not feel deprived. Also, you had healthier versions of those foods and you should be proud of that. Imagine your arteries if you had had fatty beef and full fat cream cheese!