Do you know what grinds my gears?

Options
ninakir88
ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
Ever since losing weight, when people tell me

"You got to skinny, eat more!" "Girl, you need some meat on your bones!"

Or make jokes about me being anorexic or too small.

I'm not even that small, I'm 5'4 and around 121lbs. On a good day, I can fit into a size 3 if I'm lucky. There's plenty of girls smaller then me, and it's not like i'm just "skinny", I am actually pretty toned.

It's like, dude if you knew how hard I worked to get to this size, you would understand how offensive those comments are to me.

What grinds your gears?

Replies

• loseweightjames
    Options
    It's like, dude if you knew how hard I worked to get to this size, you would understand how offensive those comments are to me.

Haters gonna hate.

Fat? Haters snicker behind your back. Lose weight? Haters say "eat something".

EDIT: I think you look fantastic
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone tells me "Why do you worry about what you eat? Your skinny!" They don't realize how hard I have worked to look like this. I don't eat cheeseburgers everyday and look like this!
  • Yunis10
    Yunis10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed by the same exact thing! I feel ppl r trying to be funny or trying to throw me off track. We can't let other sabotage our successes! Keep on going girl!!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You look amazing at 121lbs.

I get the same comments too. "Oh at 1,200calories, you'll be malnourished!" A person can be obese AND still be malnourished, at least I eat well and I don't starve myself.

I wish I could stoop to their level and say, "Don't hate me because I'm healthy" or "Are you saying this because you're jealous?"
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    what grinds my gears: People at the gym that set the treadmill to ludicrous speed and then hold on to the top or sides for dear life while the treadmill forces their legs to move and they look over at me like I'm not running fast enough

do they really think they're getting a workout when the machine is forcing their legs to move? How silly, they'd be better off walking under their own power then being pulled forward by the treadmill
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    I dislike know it alls that suggest their way is the only one, or that what they're saying is correct without some legit type of reason for a backup. I've never had a problem with one, but see new people get fooled easily at my gym, especially with all the new members who never lifted weights once in their life joining since january. I just look away in dismay and keep doing what I'm doing..
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    what grinds my gears: People at the gym that set the treadmill to ludicrous speed and then hold on to the top or sides for dear life while the treadmill forces their legs to move and they look over at me like I'm not running fast enough

do they really think they're getting a workout when the machine is forcing their legs to move? How silly, they'd be better off walking under their own power then being pulled forward by the treadmill

i cant stand it when all the treadmill machines (there is like 10 at my gym) are open but the person has to get the one right next to me. Am I anti-social? LOL
  • lmbame905
    lmbame905 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

My friends and I make fun of those people openly.
  • lmbame905
    Options

i cant stand it when all the treadmill machines (there is like 10 at my gym) are open but the person has to get the one right next to me. Am I anti-social? LOL

If you fart, they'll move.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    What grinds your gears?

Forgetting the second half of a double clutch always grinds my gears.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You know what really grinds my gears? People in the 19th century. Why don't they get with the freakin program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Not anti -social... I don't like talking while on the treadmill either!!!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    What grinds my gears??
    <<<<<< this... when I forget to pull the clutch in all the way.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    What grinds my gears? The guy at my gym at 6 a.m. who lets out an enormous GRUUUUUNT every time he lifts a weight. EVERY time. That early in the morning, I just wanna slap him senseless. I also wanna drag him to my circuit training class and watch him collapse after 10 minutes.

And the lady who shows up in perfect hair and makeup (AND PERFUME) and gets on the treadmill next to me when I'm running -- she walks like she's shopping, and I can hardly breathe through the perfume haze. It's 6 A.M., lady. Where's the cocktail party???

Ooooh. I must be GRUMPY today. :tongue: That, or else I"m channeling Andy Rooney.
  • mrshmiller9
    Options

That would get me! Lol I'd probubly move- in a nice fashion :-)
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg
    Hilarious! Although now I keep picturing Peter singing Surfing Bird (that has to be my favorite episode :laugh: )
  • lmbame905
    Options
    What grinds my gears? The guy at my gym at 6 a.m. who lets out an enormous GRUUUUUNT every time he lifts a weight. EVERY time. That early in the morning, I just wanna slap him senseless. I also wanna drag him to my circuit training class and watch him collapse after 10 minutes.

And the lady who shows up in perfect hair and makeup (AND PERFUME) and gets on the treadmill next to me when I'm running -- she walks like she's shopping, and I can hardly breathe through the perfume haze. It's 6 A.M., lady. Where's the cocktail party???

Ooooh. I must be GRUMPY today. :tongue: That, or else I"m channeling Andy Rooney.

I think that's my sister. I never understood why she showered BEFORE going to the gym.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Haters gonna hate.

Fat? Haters snicker behind your back. Lose weight? Haters say "eat something".

EDIT: I think you look fantastic

I second his statement. You look great, lady. To hell with them!

What grinds my gears?
    Working a good sweat, I'm all red and dripping, and people stop to stare. Dude, pay attention to *your* workout and leave me alone!!
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    what grinds my gears:

people who know absolutely nothing about food nutrition and fitness doling out unneeded advice. for example some dude at work who eats fast food regularly, drinks a lot of soda, and is spotty about working out, at best, made a comment that the whole wheat pasta I was eating has a lot of carbs in it. NO SH**T I was planning on going on a run later and love to eat carbs especially healthy carbs.

people are ridiculous.