2 months: 30 Day Shred + Ripped In 30 - RESULTS

Options
LuaLiz
LuaLiz Posts: 56 Member
Hi everyone!

I never thought I'd actually post my results on here, but I have already posted them on my blog (mypinkthumb.com) and figured that if I can even possibly inspire 1 person, then it would be worth posting on here.

Anyway, a quick back-story for you:

I've actually been lucky enough to have been fit and at a comfortable weight pretty much my entire life up until this past summer. Back in june, out of nowhere I started to get nasty hives all over my body and they just wouldn't go away. I was literally covered in hives for about 8 weeks non-stop before my face completely swelled up forcing me to go to the ER and get pumped full of prednisone. (I had already been back and forth to several doctors with no reasons as to why I was getting them). Anyway, after about 4 months of hell, 15 days on prednisone and some additional steriod shots in the hospital, I was finally diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder that they simply called Chronic Hives. No rhyme or reason to it. I was just unlucky.

Now what does this have to do with my weight? Well, I am an avid horseback rider and was also a runner before the hives hit. Sadly, once they hit, I couldn't workout even for a few minutes because the sweat just made them worse. On top of that, I didn't clue into the fact that I probably should have cut down my food portions while not working out. At the end of September I was put on a VERY HEAVY dose of antihisthamines (as in i was even put on sick leave for a week to 'get used to them'). The drugs made me so drowsy, so even though the hives were finally sort of under control, I still had no energy to do anything.

By the time December hit, I was at my highest weight and felt like complete CRAP. I remember taking a moment to think and then poured my heart out in an email to my husband telling him that I needed his support more than ever because I was going to do this!

December 6 I started the 30 Day Shred.

I never thought I'd be one to workout in the mornings before work, but I knew that if I didn't schedule these workouts in the mornings, I wouldn't last the 30 days. Well, I pushed and I pushed. I did each level of the shred for 10 days, 6 days a week - Sunday was/is my mandatory rest day. After about 2 weeks, I found myself actually having a really easy time with the early morning workouts - go figure!!! Doing the Shred in the mornings, left my evenings free to go and ride my horse (something I missed SO VERY MUCH during the summer months) and put in some km's on my stationary bike. I signed up for MFP when I was just finishing the shred and it really helped to keep things moving in the right direction. If anything, MFP has really taught me more about what my portions should be. I was always eating well, my downfall was that I was eating WAY TOO MUCH.

I finished the 30 Day Shred on January 9 and here are my stats:

upper arm = (left) 10.3″ (right) 10.3″ – left down .3″ / right down .2

thigh = (left) 22.7″ (right) 22.7″ – left down .6″ / right down .3“

high waist (as in skinniest part) = 27.5″ – down by 1.5″

low waist (right across the belly button) = 31.8″ – down by 1.7″

hips = 36.5″ – down by 1.1″

and, weight = 127.4

Total inches lost = 5.7″

Total weight lost = 5.6lbs!

After the Shred, i needed to keep on going so I decided to start Ripped In 30 the very next day. My plan for ripped was to do it for 4 weeks. I level a week and 6 days for each level.

It Was HARD.

But i did it! Again, all while trying to do an extra workout after work - riding my horse, yoga meltdown, resistance bands, stationary bike.

I found doing the Shred first REALLY helped prepare me for Ripped and I think it also really helped to kick start my body because I really got good visible results with Ripped. I didn't lose as much weight, but the inches most definitely melted away.

Here are my stats after Ripped in 30 (i just finished on Saturday)

Starting weight (Dec 6): 133

Weight after 30 Day Shred: 127.4

Weight after Level 1 Ripped In 30: 127.8

Weight after Level 2 Ripped In 30: 126.8

Weight after Level 3 Ripped In 30: 125.6

Weight after Level 4 Ripped In 30: 124.9

Measurements

upper arm = (left) 10.1″ (start 10.6″/post 30DS 10.3″) (right) 10.1″ (start 10.5″/post 30DS 10.3″)

thigh = (left) 21.6″ (start 23.3″/post 30DS 22.7″) (right) 21.6 (start 23″/post 30DS 22.7″)

high waist (as in skinniest part) = 27″ (start 29/post 30DS 27.5″)

low waist (right across the belly button) = 30″ (start 33.5″/post 30DS 31.8″)

hips = 35.5″ (start 37.6″/post 30DS 36.5″)

Total inches down from December 6 start: 11.6″!!!

Total weight down from December 6 start: 8.1lb

....OH and I should probably add that I am 5'3

Now for the scary part...

My starting photos are definitely embarassing, but I am glad that I had my hubby take them because seeing them in comparison to what I look like now makes it all worth it.

rippedin30beforeafterfront-1.jpg

rippedin30beforeafterright-1.jpg

rippedin30beforeafterleft-1.jpg

rippedin30beforeafterback-2-1.jpg

I have 3.5 weeks until the hubby and I head back to Jamaica for a vacay!!! (we were married there last April) So I will be trying my best to be as close as possible to my goal by then. Next up, a mixture of Jillian's Extreme Shed & Shred, 6 Week 6 Pack, No More Trouble Zones and Yoga Meltdown. I say bring it on! :)

oh and P.S. i'm going on 3 weeks now completely antihisthamine-free, so for now, the hives are G O N E! ...*knock on wood* ;)

Replies

• DominiqueSJay
    DominiqueSJay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your results!! This is my last week on the shed and I start the RI30 next!!
  • pokeypeep
    Options
    wow,way to go!Thats very inspiring!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Wow - those are amazing changes after only 2 months. You look great!
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    Good job! Hope to see results as good as yours :D
  • lindz625
    lindz625 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great progress! At this rate you'll have no problem meeting your goal by your vacation.
  • jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    awesome results! I finish the 30DS tomorrow and start Ripped in 30 on Wed. Curious which one you like more and which one gave you a better workout. I don't really want to lose much more weight I just need to tone.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
    Congrats! And thank you *SO* much for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • LuaLiz
    LuaLiz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! :)
    awesome results! I finish the 30DS tomorrow and start Ripped in 30 on Wed. Curious which one you like more and which one gave you a better workout. I don't really want to lose much more weight I just need to tone.

I think I liked Ripped In 30 better if I had to chose. i really liked how she throws in the additional strength move to help make the 3min go by quickly. And having 4 levels rocked! During the 30DS, i found myself getting bored doing the same level for 10 days, so only having to do a level for 6 before bumping up was really great with Ripped. I also found the toning really started to come with Ripped. As for which gave a better overall workout, I was a sweaty beast by the end of every single workout no matter which dvd I used!! LOL
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! You look awesome! I am about the same stats as you and just ordered ripped in 30. I cannot wait to start it and hope I get good results like you!
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Wow! you look amazing. Your results in R in 30 really show the definition even though you didnt lose a lot of pounds. Good for you girl!

So glad the hives are away for now, can't even imagine how you would be feeling after being pumped with so much of that crappy anti-histamine.

Good luck!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great results in only 2 months, congrats !
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    WOW! Awesome results!!!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    WOW, your results are amazing and you're beautiful. Congrats on your success's so far - you'll be at your goal in no time..
    Have an amazing vacation!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Nice. I just started Ripped in 30. I hope i get some great results too. >~<
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    congrats!! great work and you look great!:flowerforyou:
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. I have done 2 rounds of 30DS and now on my last week of RI30. I did not lose weight but did lose inches. You look awesome and amazing. I wish you continued success to your health and fitness journey!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    So nice to see! I'm bored with 30 Day Shred after just 4 sessions (2 at level 1, now 2 at 2). This is helping inspire me to stick with it!
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My co-workers & I start the 30 Day Shred tomorrow (one of them went on vaca last week and we are waiting for her to return tomorrow so we will all be on the same page). I have so very much more to lose than you did, but your results are inspirational. I hope that I, too, will one day be able (& brave enough) to post my 'before & after' results. :happy:
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Incredible results!! Great job, you look fantastic!!
  • Michelledru
    Michelledru Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You've done brilliantly and you look great! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!