Bowel movement frequency

Options
2»

Replies

• lafitz1
    Options
    I use the food notes to track mine. Works ok.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow....something must be wrong with me. I go at least 2-3x a DAY!
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Eating healthier should reduce constipation and help regulate bowl movements. But, as we know, everyone has a different definition of “healthier” especially since we are all coming from different starting places.
    Try adding, more water, fiber, flaxseed and vegetables. Look up daily recommendations and use your food diary to help track fiber and water intake. Foods that are high in fat or sugar can be culprits. So avoid those or processed foods.
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of water with metamucil powder. It keeps me 100% regular....I go once a day between 9:30 and 10 am. Like clockwork, lol.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I have IBS D so when not doing healthy eating I was going 5-10 a day :sad:
    Now its once occassionally twice its so much bettr I need to stick at this for health reasons all round
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    .................... Once a week. Maybe.

:blushing:

Ongoing issue for me - I know my siblings are much the same. I've started taking a daily dose of Miralax ( which was recommended for my daughter ) to see if that will help. I don't ever feel bloated, or gassy, or anything like that... but 1 x a week is pretty abnormal.
  • bound4glory2
    bound4glory2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I always have 1 every morning when I first wake up. Sometimes I will go 1 or two more times before bed.
  • lalarox
    Options
    Wow....something must be wrong with me. I go at least 2-3x a DAY!

Me too! I thought that was normal..... =/

you eat=you go poo.....
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I was told by a doctor that teh best is to go several times each day. Each of us are different.
    A person needs to talk to a doctor if any major changes occur in your 'regular' bm routine.
    Changes will come from diet, fluid intake, amount of exercize and also bowel problems.
    If you feel that you are having issues go see your doc..
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am up to 3x today alone. I think I'd explode if it was only every other day. I am a pooping, farting machine...
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    After my colonoscopy it took me 36 hours to have another one--so that's how long it takes food to go through me.
  • KellyAFraley
    Options
    That is not normal frequency. Add more fiber into your diet. Drink lots of water. If that doesn't help after a week, you should probably see a doctor.

Agreed.
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started having this problem when I started eating healthier.
    I added flaxseed (linseed for Australians) to my breakfast every morning and have an Activia every afternoon. It is much better now, I go once a day or every other day. Not sure which one of the two actually helped the most though haha. Am scared to quit one, because not going for 5 days is definitely so uncomfortable... I know your pain
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have IBS D so when not doing healthy eating I was going 5-10 a day :sad:
    Now its once occassionally twice its so much bettr I need to stick at this for health reasons all round

I have IBS D also and it has improved since I've started eating better and exercising. I feel so much better!!
  • janjtaylor
    Options
    Before healthy eating - I carried imodium in my purse.... had to...I had similar problems to IBS and NEVER knew when it would hit me.

NOW...that I cranked up fiber in my diet and even with drinking LOTS of water (although I did that before).... I am lucky to hit the "conference room" once a day ....

TOTAL transformation. No complaints!
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord, this is a big problem for me. If I am really regular, I go once every three days!!!! The last couple of months it has sometimes been up to 5 days!!!! It doesn't cause me too much problem but I would love to go every day. I am having a bowel investigation done as I feel it just can't be right to go once or twice a week! Anyone else like me?:ohwell:

I go anything from 3-8 days.
    But I don't feel icky or anything from it and I never have any trouble when the times comes, so I'm not bothered.
  • grandbean
    Options
    People advise to see a doctor or feel it's abnormal if it's not around once a day, but what are actual health problems associated with going infrequently if you otherwise have no issues? It can be 2-4 days for me and I never feel constipated or otherwise discomfited by bowel moments or lack thereof.
  • tallnsexy
    tallnsexy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    now I've been running it's once a day and it's as soon as I'm done with my routine. And If I don't run I feel and look bloated. So yes your normal. Hang in there and don't quit
  • shanghaiskinny2be
    Options
    I saw my Chinese doctor and am drinking this nasty tasting herbal medicine. He told me the blood i had was toxic, so I am on a detox now. I poo 5 times daily bc of it and the color of it the first time I went was absolutely disgusting.
    two years ago when I saw my doctor, he gave me enema and said if after using it I do not go to the bathroom, something is wrong with my liver.
    I am not sure what the issue is but I guess I should eat more veggies after my medicine is finished next week?