spike 84 lifestyle!!

Options
2»

Replies

• snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ahh, okay, thanks for the explanation.

Scales are ruling my life at the moment but I'm game if we're talking about long term success, going beyond weight loss and onto maintenance. That's where my problem lies - losing weight is easy but maintaining at GW over long term (as in years and years) is the hardest part of all.

I have to agree though that I had heaps of energy after the spike day to do a great workout the next day.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Ahh, okay, thanks for the explanation.

Scales are ruling my life at the moment but I'm game if we're talking about long term success, going beyond weight loss and onto maintenance. That's where my problem lies - losing weight is easy but maintaining at GW over long term (as in years and years) is the hardest part of all.

I have to agree though that I had heaps of energy after the spike day to do a great workout the next day.

Thanks, you will see over time how this method makes it all easier. It's the reason I've lost 100+lbs and now maintained it for almost 8 years.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was interested in this plan and have been reading about it. Do I have to buy the book to do it? I understand eating bmr for 6 days and 2x bmr on spike day. Would I need to also eat workout calories on top of that? I'm currently hitting the treadmill about 5 days a week and burning between 500-600 calories. Been doing this for the last month and have hardly lost anything. I believe I have increased my metabolism tho, as I'm hungry every couple hours.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was interested in this plan and have been reading about it. Do I have to buy the book to do it? I understand eating bmr for 6 days and 2x bmr on spike day. Would I need to also eat workout calories on top of that? I'm currently hitting the treadmill about 5 days a week and burning between 500-600 calories. Been doing this for the last month and have hardly lost anything. I believe I have increased my metabolism tho, as I'm hungry every couple hours.

Yes bmr for six days, 2 x bmr on spike day. Do not eat exercise calories.
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that Spike works. I started 2 weeks ago going on my third week now. I started with 14lbs lost and now I have lost 20lbs, so 6lbs in 2 weeks. I work out 6 days a week. 3 days cardio(eat 500 calories less than RMR) and 3 days lifting(eat all RMR calories) and It feels great. I can also tell you that after your spike day when you go to work out you are so full of energy!!!!! Before I started SPIKING I was hungry, I was tired, and during my workouts I felt like I was going to fall over. Since starting that does not happen!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I think I'm definitely going to try this out, in a couple weeks. Want to finish this week out doing what I'm doing and seeing if that helps and then start fresh at the beginning of a week so I can track better.

I've seen all the great progress in this thread alone, it's kinda exciting.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Is there a "Group" for Spike 84?
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    bump

I'm looking into this. :smile:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'll look more into this. Thanks!
  • missyeighmy
    missyeighmy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BadAzzBea
    Options
    <3 Thisi works!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Would love to help anyone that wants to get started with this program. It can be a life changer!