Scared, but I know I need to be here...

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Here's some insight on the human persona:

When one gets "Comfortable" we become complacent. Change makes most uneasy because we fear the unknown future.

Combine these two...and you realize the present is all you have. The more complacent we are in any area of our lives, the more damaging the results and the more difficult it is to repair.

I offer up 3 words of encouragement for you - Choose. Act. Succeed.

You have made the choice to better your health.
    ACT upon that choice with determination, perseverance, and the WANT.
    In doing so, YOU WILL SUCCEED.

Do not look at this as "another diet", because it is not. It is a lifestyle. A diet is the habitual process of the food and drink you intake on a daily basis.
    Do not think this is difficult, or you cannot achieve. YOU CAN. 90% of your challenge comes from the mental state. Stay Focused, 100% Honest with YOURSELF, Determined to Succeed and you will! If you have a bad day, shrug it off...refocus and move forward. Just hold yourself accountable. THERE ARE NO EXCUSES. You either DO, or DO NOT.

IF YOU WANT IT, GET IT!!!!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are scared of change. This is not unusual.

It is a good step that you have joined and are trying to get over your fear. :)
    My biggest challenge this year is getting over fears. I joined a running clinic, I have goen skating, and I am trying Soccer in the fall! I can tell you...I am so afraid of making an @$$ out of myself in front of people...always have felt this insane fear...but I realize now that I won't grow as a person and achieve all the things I want to achieve unless I push my limits.

I wish you all the luck in your journey!! I am confident if you stay motivated, do everything in moderation, and start to incorporate movement into your daily routine that you will succeed at losing some weight!

:)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I know where you are coming from, and I can tell you from experience that as long as you are committed to the journey, you can do it!

Sometimes it seems insurmountable, but break up your goals into bite-size peices and before you know it, you were there. After all...you can't eat an elephant all at once!!
  • hsmithway
    Options
    Welcome!

As others have said, there may be change, but it'll be a GOOD change! Hopefully you'll be able to take pride in all your hard work, and there's a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that you are doing the right thing for YOU!
  • tina9988
    tina9988 Posts: 369
    Options
    You should be really proud of yourself for deciding to make a change even though your scared.Thank you so much for sharing and being so open. Openness can only help you reach your goals, continue asking yourself the hard questions and facing your fears. You can add me as a friend, I would be glad to have you as one.
  • Dougalene
    Options
    Hello,

I have just joined this site and I have about 80lbs to lose. I have a tendency to start and not finish. I'm looking for someone to share experiences and ideas with along with encouraging each other. Wondering if you would like to correspond with me?

Donna
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You've made the first step.....and that is a big one! Feel free to add me and i'll try to keep you motivated! I have 75 lbs I want to lose and well..I'm down 39! :) You can do this! :smile:
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    Hey its not that scary once you have the will to do it and I think u do! Anythings possible once you get started and only good things can come if u stick to the right diet and exercise program. And don't worry about having a bad day every once in awhile we all do but the key thing is too do better the next day! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Add me if you'd like to have more friends. :)
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    Hey its not that scary once you have the will to do it and I think u do! Anythings possible once you get started and only good things can come if u stick to the right diet and exercise program. And don't worry about having a bad day every once in awhile we all do but the key thing is too do better the next day! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Add me if you'd like to have more friends. :)
  • pitboss59
    Options
    Good luck, one day at a time!
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    If you want I can be part of your jorney for a new life.
    Feel free to add me.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and the rest of your life. Step one is understanding the need for change. Step two is taking action. Step three is a glorious transformation. This won't be easy but it will be worth it. It will be a lot of sweat, pain, determination and hard work but you will learn to love it. You'll surprise yourself with all that you are capable of doing.

Go get 'em!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Seriously. Once you start looking around here and seeing all of the amazing weight loss heroes on MFP, you'll see exactly what is possible if you stick with it.

Add me if you'd like.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me if you'd like :) I started out almost 300lb.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great place to be. You can do this.:drinker:
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    maybe the you inside will be even more spectacular!!!!!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    NOBODY here thinks it will be easy.........but there are ALOT of people willing to help you reach a goal!

I agree!!

I am not at my comfort zone being over 200lbs, but as I slowly start to work out and feel happy that I logged my food and stayed under goal or feel happy about "bragging" when I log my workouts I gain a little more confidence and satisfaction. I look forward to finding my comfort zone again. So try to think of the internal changes as uplifting and positive and a new adventure on a new you.

Good Luck on your journey and know that we are all here to help you out and support you. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The only changes you will do on the inside is truly become the new real you! You might change some but it will be a good change. Like an addition to the person you already are!
    Go for it!
    Jenny
  • jeannette120
    jeannette120 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Aran,
    I'm here for you and I sent you a friend request. I know exactly what you are going through and any new journey is scarey. But you can do this.
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, thank you for sharing with us how you're feeling. I've never thought of it in those terms, but I can totally see your point and I can understand. You're going to find so much support here and we will all be here to cheer you on. Add me as a friend if you like.
    Take care,
    Jenny