Fat-urday!!!!!!!!! Dr Oz food Cheat day

Options
2»

Replies

• tanmat
    Options
    I have reason to believe that this so called "Fat-urday" or diet day off is a good weight loss tool for some people, but may do more harm than good for others. Maybe I go overboard on my diet day off but I usually will spend the better part of the following week trying to undo the damage caused from one day of indulgence. Maybe Dr. Oz has the right idea with cheating with "Healthier" foods. But I wouldn’t call it cheating since the example days’ meals he showed had about 1400 calories in it which is less than I eat on a regular day (about 1500-1700 calories per day- I work out hard). His example did seem tastier than my usual menu too, maybe I will just give that a try! :wink:
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png

HILARIOUS! AGREE!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I agree with Russell and a real Spike Day, not Dr. Oz's pretend one.
  • aukmac76
    Options
    Exactly. Not pleased when I stepped on the scale this morning. "Cheat Days" stress me out.

Don't step on the scale the next day then. This is about long-term success not a quick fix. I tell people to weigh in once a week the morning of their spike day. It's much more reliable.

This is what I do as well and have always done. I lost 50 lbs with this method on Weight Watchers so it can work with any plan. I've always believed the body and the mind needs a "break" but may not always work for some people.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    had mine yesterday so we will see
  • loftus2005
    Options
    I give myself one day a week to splurge if I want/need to. I've found that as the weeks, and months have gone on the less I crave the "bad" things.. It is nice however, to eat a brownie if I want and not feel guilty. I do track everything even on a splurge day. Its crazy to think I used to eat that much almost every day before I started using MFP. It kinda keeps me in check!!!
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How is this "cheating" on your diet if he is telling you WHAT to eat. if you want some real french fries I don't think some baked parsnips are going to cut it..... I'm all about taking a break and letting go but i think that the individual should be able to EAT, not still stress over how to trim the calories. The whole purpsoe behind a cheat day, spike day, high day, off day, etc is to RELAX. AND I love how ever commerical break has a weigh watchers add... geeze...
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    Yesterday I took off of the "diet" for the first time cause it was my daughter's 6th birthday. This morning I weighed myself and I didn't undo everything that I have been doing with just one day. I was almost a lb less than I thought I would be. Every other time I have tried to lose weight I have quit because I thought I could never eat what I love. After starting MFP I have realized that instead of those tasteless low fat subs from Subway I can eat a chipotle chicken and cheese and fit the rest of my day around it. And I can take off a day and not worry too much about what I am eating. On my day off I will eat what I really want, however I will still make the best choices I can such as water instead of soda because I feel better physically if I do. I actually felt sick yesterday after eating a small salad with two pieces of pizza with water. Because of the off days if for some reason I can't eat under my calories for the day I do not feel like I have failed. I am not the best at planning so the safety net of the off day helps me quite a bit as long as it is only once a week. I am so happy to figure out that I can lose weight while I also enjoy my food. What a blessing MFP is!
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Isn't the point of a cheast day that you do not worry? If you are busy making all these substitutions it sort of defeasts the purpose! Thursday is my anniversary & I have decided to eat what I want for dinner out that night, maybe even dessert. After 4 months and 24.5 pounds, it is time!