Options
http://www.soheeleefitness.com/2012/02/06/flexible-dieting-101/

Great read here.

This is personally what I do as it works for me :smile:

Replies

• mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Bumping... This is a great read, thank you! I hope to be able to loosen my grip on my 'diet' soon too. IF is helping.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Aware
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So I already to the IIFYM thing. I'm contemplating IF for my upcoming cut. I'm concerned about the fasted training stuff (and well coffee w/ stuff in it). I lift in the mornings.

Do you take BCAA's before you lift when fasted? Are they expensive?
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    So I already to the IIFYM thing. I'm contemplating IF for my upcoming cut. I'm concerned about the fasted training stuff (and well coffee w/ stuff in it). I lift in the mornings.

Do you take BCAA's before you lift when fasted? Are they expensive?

I very rarely have to train in the morning but when I do I do take 10g BCAA's before training if I'm not going to be eating for a few hours after.

In saying that, studies have found that if adequate protein intake is consumed daily then BCAA's have negligible if any benefits at all.

I still take them just because I already have them in the cupboard though :tongue: Mine weren't expensive from memory. About $60AU for a kg which last bloody ages.

Martin Berkhan has said that you can add tspn skim milk to coffees if you wish. They say an upper limit of 50cals during the fasting stage is ok but obviously better to be closer to 0.

http://examine.com/leangains-faq/
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    great article chriso i feel abit more relaxed about my IFing now.. cheers.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks - I don't think IF is quite right for me but I'm all for IIFYM! (Still working on my macros - but at least now I know where they need to be!) Very helpful article.

I'm intrigued with IF now, though, so I'm going to read up on it a bit.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but if you don't eat clean, you won't drop the fat. And everyone knows if you start skipping breakfast you will lower your metabolism

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR6Nu5d0eVvjhpAE6LcUp85FRVL-Drp2M14Gu5rPA-23Rat43L2w&t=1
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but if you don't eat clean, you won't drop the fat. And everyone knows if you start skipping breakfast you will lower your metabolism

Clearly you are a pawn for Scott Herman Fitness™
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Works for me as well. Been doing both EXCLUSIVELY for the past 10 straight months. Dropped 20% body fat in that time frame.
  • monty_williams
    Options
    I've been doing 16/8 Lean Gains for a year, tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary, and I've lost 73+ lbs, dropped 20% BF, and increased LBM and strength. Key compound lifts have increased 50%+/100lbs +. I'm recomping right now to get to 10% BF from around 14% now, but for me IF is a lifestyle that fits me - I've never been a breakfast eater, and I prefer 2 big meals rather than 5-6 snacks throughout the day. I love having a 1000 calorie dinner feast and a nice snack before bed. I generally only eat lean meats, poultry and fish, along with fresh vegetables, and other whole foods. I very rarely eat any processed food, except for whey protein isolate or micellar casein.

I follow the IIFYM train of thought too, but I try to meet or exceed protein and fiber goals, while just try to meet carbs and fat. If I go over on protein and slightly less on carbs and fat, that's okay with me as long as I don't exceed calories - which I very rarely do.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I believe ACG was joking yes :smile:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Works for me as well. Been doing both EXCLUSIVELY for the past 10 straight months. Dropped 20% body fat in that time frame.

Wow!! Nice. I'm seriously considering this... have been for a while. I've done a little of both, but not really in earnest.
  • Collinsky
    Options

Don't worry, I ate two breakfasts this morning just in case.
  • chrisdavey
    Options

He was joking :wink:
  • Collinsky
    Options

As was I. :bigsmile:
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Thank you good article
  • chrisdavey
    Options

As was I. :bigsmile:

Very good :) You never know around here :laugh: