RED TEAM WEEK 7

Options

Replies

• hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    does anyone have bad stomach aches from diet food?
    is it from the transittion of bad food to good food...
    or just me?
  • emiliabeth
    emiliabeth Posts: 40
    Options
    Ok, I remembered to weigh this week - 142.4. I also measured my bust, waist, hips and thighs and lost in my bust and hips, but gained in my wait and thigh. WTF???

Mel - I hope everything is ok! :flowerforyou:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    emiliabeth - thanks. And I updated your weight in my chart. Awesome job. :)

Jess - if your doc bugs you about your weight, mention the 15 you lost. I think you are doing great, so if your doc gets all in your face, just remember that I think you are amazing and doing fantastic! And once your knees feel better, you'll be back out there kicking butt. :tongue: Hehe. Ok, girl? Hang in there. :flowerforyou: :heart: As for how I am... ummm.... ok, I suppose. I would really rather be home, eating what I want and exercising, instead of sitting on this uncomfortable bed and eating gross food. haha. But, oh well. I don't think the scale is going to be kind of me on Monday. I'm hoping just to not gain.

Yesterday I wandered down to the pediatrics dept. (more like... snuck down stealthily) and did some fun science mini-lessons with the kids. I usually just read to them, but I was super bored of that so I decided to teach science with cool demos! But I'm so weak today I don't think I can make it down to the other side of this (ridiculously huge) hospital to go see them again. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I never got the chance to mention that I have hurt my knees. they've been KILLING me since friday...it makes everyday things hard to do, so i haven't exercised since thursday night. not sure how i managed to survive work, but i did. i guess i'll be making a doctor appointment soon..:grumble: :sad:
    so I am pretty upset at myself for hurting my knees. I want to exercise so bad but...:explode:
    I am trying to stay on track with eating but it's been hard lately...so with the bad knees and all, i've been feeling pretty down...but I'm trying..

have a great day, everyone!

jlhcrh3 you could look for exercises on the net the only work the upper body. Like curls with cans of beans they had my ex mother in law do. She is in a wheelchair. Just a thought, keep ya movin and motivated.
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    Yippee!! The scale is starting to move 134 pounds!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    or just me?

As of lately I've been feeling that way, but I think it's because of all the fiber I've been eating. :sick: So I've been eating less fiber and eating more fresh fruits, veggies and low salt :smile:
  • vanimami
    Options
    emiliabeth - thanks. And I updated your weight in my chart. Awesome job. :)

Jess - if your doc bugs you about your weight, mention the 15 you lost. I think you are doing great, so if your doc gets all in your face, just remember that I think you are amazing and doing fantastic! And once your knees feel better, you'll be back out there kicking butt. :tongue: Hehe. Ok, girl? Hang in there. :flowerforyou: :heart: As for how I am... ummm.... ok, I suppose. I would really rather be home, eating what I want and exercising, instead of sitting on this uncomfortable bed and eating gross food. haha. But, oh well. I don't think the scale is going to be kind of me on Monday. I'm hoping just to not gain.

Yesterday I wandered down to the pediatrics dept. (more like... snuck down stealthily) and did some fun science mini-lessons with the kids. I usually just read to them, but I was super bored of that so I decided to teach science with cool demos! But I'm so weak today I don't think I can make it down to the other side of this (ridiculously huge) hospital to go see them again. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

Hope you're feeling better today, just keeping having a positive outlook.
  • vanimami
    Options
    Ok, I remembered to weigh this week - 142.4. I also measured my bust, waist, hips and thighs and lost in my bust and hips, but gained in my wait and thigh. WTF???

BAH! :noway: Are you sure you measured correctly? Also, it could be muscle?? :huh:
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    or just me?

Depends on what you're eating that you consider diet food?

If its actual diet food then you could have an allergic reaction to Whey or soy.

However, sometimes I get tummy aches from eating healthy foods because it cleaning out my system.
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options

BAH! :noway: Are you sure you measured correctly? Also, it could be muscle?? :huh:

Its not muscles, but its not fat either. You're bloated. Happens to me after a long week of working out.
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Mel--thanks for the kind words :flowerforyou: How are YOU doing?! I'm sorry you're in the hospital :frown:

Jenn--congrats on the new swimsuit! ( that is a good thing, right? since it was smaller? lol) me and swimsuits aren't really very good of friends...:laugh:

I was going to say something else to someone but I forgot...:embarassed:

Well I think I am going to try to get to the doctor tomorrow so hopefully I can get these knees fixed. i am less than thrilled...because i hate going to the doctor anyway, but it's even worse when they are all up in your business about being overweight :explode:

well I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

It seems weird that there are so many nasty doctors. I lost nine pounds and my doctor was thrilled
  • vanimami
    Options
    So, are you all weighing yourself everyday or once a week? And are you only counting your weight for that "once a week" weigh in? My weight has been fluctuating lately and I'm not sure if I just shouldn't weight myself until a week or count my actual weight only on Mondays? I was 149 on Monday and now I'm 150 :grumble: and I REFUSE to change my little ticker! What do you guys do and what should I be doing?
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Vani, I weigh a couple times a week because I have a slight obsession. But I only record it and change my ticker on Mondays.
    Anyway, time to be stabbed and get more blood taken. :ohwell:
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!
    Well, yesterday I went for a run on the treadmill (it is too hot here in AZ to run outside at 4pm, at least it is for me!!) when I run I always watch The Office (it is my favorite show, I have probably seen all the episodes at least 5 times!!) it helps to make my runs go a little faster. I was also able to drink my water. So all in all yesterday was a good day.

Vanimami- I usually weigh myself everyday, but when it comes to weigh-in day that is the number I stick to the whole week. I know that I will fluctuate around that number, but I do not worry about it too much (especially if it is that TOM). Usually by the next weigh-in day that number that I have been hovering around has dropped. Don't worry too much about it. Sometimes the scale does not justify how hard we work!

Andrea09- I was just reading back on last weeks posts and I missed your question about what ChaLean Extreme is....sorry!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

ChaLean Extreme are DVDs made by Beachbody (the same people who make P90X) and also by Chalene Johnson the woman who created Turbo Jam. It is a 90 day program with 15 workouts where you lift heavy weights with the idea that more muscles burns fat. There are three phases in the workouts:

Burn-You start lifting weights to jump-start your metabolism and break down those "extra" reserves of fat. In these moderate training workouts, you'll work your upper body then lower body, and learn how "Lean Phasing" will help you see major results every 30 days!

Push- You begin to lift heavy—beyond your comfort zone—so you build the muscle you need to burn fat.

Lean- Here is where you really bring it home with new routines and dynamic moves that literally melt the fat off your body.

I have been doing it for a little over a week and I really like it. I was trying to decide if I should do P90X or ChaLean and I went with ChaLean due to the fact that the longest workout is roughly 45 minutes and P90X's workouts are a bit longer. I am also incorporating a running program with these workouts, so I can burn more calories (lifting weights does not burn nearly as much as cardio!!) If you want to learn more here is the website
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/chalean_extreme.do

Well, I hope everyone has a great day!!

-Mack
  • vanimami
    Options
    Yeah, I have an obsession, too and find it hard to resist to just KNOW. I always wondered how the ppl on the biggest losers can just not know and have it be a surprsie one day a week :sick: Ok, I will only count my Monday's weigh in so I"m good at 149 :) Next Monday that scale better recognize my hard work! :angry: I have my fingers crossed for good news and hopefully at least down 1 pound to 148.

Mel, sorry to hear about the whole doctor/needle thing, doesn't sound like it's very fun.
  • andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!
    Well, yesterday I went for a run on the treadmill (it is too hot here in AZ to run outside at 4pm, at least it is for me!!) when I run I always watch The Office (it is my favorite show, I have probably seen all the episodes at least 5 times!!) it helps to make my runs go a little faster. I was also able to drink my water. So all in all yesterday was a good day.

Vanimami- I usually weigh myself everyday, but when it comes to weigh-in day that is the number I stick to the whole week. I know that I will fluctuate around that number, but I do not worry about it too much (especially if it is that TOM). Usually by the next weigh-in day that number that I have been hovering around has dropped. Don't worry too much about it. Sometimes the scale does not justify how hard we work!

Andrea09- I was just reading back on last weeks posts and I missed your question about what ChaLean Extreme is....sorry!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

ChaLean Extreme are DVDs made by Beachbody (the same people who make P90X) and also by Chalene Johnson the woman who created Turbo Jam. It is a 90 day program with 15 workouts where you lift heavy weights with the idea that more muscles burns fat. There are three phases in the workouts:

Burn-You start lifting weights to jump-start your metabolism and break down those "extra" reserves of fat. In these moderate training workouts, you'll work your upper body then lower body, and learn how "Lean Phasing" will help you see major results every 30 days!

Push- You begin to lift heavy—beyond your comfort zone—so you build the muscle you need to burn fat.

Lean- Here is where you really bring it home with new routines and dynamic moves that literally melt the fat off your body.

I have been doing it for a little over a week and I really like it. I was trying to decide if I should do P90X or ChaLean and I went with ChaLean due to the fact that the longest workout is roughly 45 minutes and P90X's workouts are a bit longer. I am also incorporating a running program with these workouts, so I can burn more calories (lifting weights does not burn nearly as much as cardio!!) If you want to learn more here is the website
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/chalean_extreme.do

Well, I hope everyone has a great day!!

-Mack

Wow that sounds really fun! I am going to check it out on the website. Thanks for the info! :flowerforyou:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    or just me?

I had that problem... I used to only eat fast food so when I started making home cooked meals my tummy had to get used to the food not being loaded with crap. It would make me have to run to the bathroom a couple times the next morning :embarassed:
    Now whenever I have fast food my tummy does the same thing. Its like its rejecting the fast food and making me pay for eating it cuz I got used to eating better. lol

If it lasts for more than a couple days I would see if theres something your allergic to in your diet food.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

I know what you mean... I've been doing my outside workouts around 7pm when the sun starts to go down and its cooled off a little.
    Where in AZ are you? I'm in Avondale
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    So, are you all weighing yourself everyday or once a week? And are you only counting your weight for that "once a week" weigh in? My weight has been fluctuating lately and I'm not sure if I just shouldn't weight myself until a week or count my actual weight only on Mondays? I was 149 on Monday and now I'm 150 :grumble: and I REFUSE to change my little ticker! What do you guys do and what should I be doing?

I don't weigh myself everyday, as humans are weight fluctuates 2 pounds up or down through out the day/week. Its important to weigh yourself at about the same time every time you weigh to get an accurate measure. I only weigh myself on Mondays in the morning at 7:00 as apart of my morning routine.
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

I know what you mean... I've been doing my outside workouts around 7pm when the sun starts to go down and its cooled off a little.
    Where in AZ are you? I'm in Avondale

I know exactly what you mean about doing your outside workouts after 7pm! my husband and I will play tennis on the weekends at either 7 am or 7 pm. The time in between is too hot:glasses:
    I am in Scottsdale, it is nice to know a fellow MFP'er in the Valley! :smile: