Valentine's Day -- what are you doing?

kittyinaz
kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
What are you doing for your S/O this Valentine's day?

I am surprising my man with some presents and decorations when he comes home, and a drink to get us started on the night. But I was told not to make any real plans as I guess he is taking me out for a night on the town :)

Replies

• im not planing anything as im gunna b away on V day
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    My boyfriend works on the 14th but was able to take the 17th off, so we will go to one of our favorite local restaurants that we love on that day. I will probably take him dinner at work on the 14th for both of us to enjoy. As far as getting him something, I'm stumped...as usual!
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    My boyfriend works on the 14th but was able to take the 17th off, so we will go to one of our favorite local restaurants that we love on that day. I will probably take him dinner at work on the 14th for both of us to enjoy. As far as getting him something, I'm stumped...as usual!

Men are so hard to buy for!! I ended up getting mine a Blu-ray player... then again he pretty much has been hinting at it fairly obviously for a month now. "Man, I want a Blu-ray player." .... "Hey, next time you owe me money, instead of paying me back just get me a Blu-ray player."

Sooo now he can STFU about it LOL! :P
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Sit at home and eat
  • lol I don't know what we are going to do, we won't be going out, as lack of funds and we have got kids....
    maybe a nice dinner... lol maybe... what do get him for Valentines Day?? I bought a bell last year for him... it says 'ring for sex' ... somehow I think he will be ringing when ever he can!!! >_< lol
  • lol I don't know what we are going to do, we won't be going out, as lack of funds and we have got kids....
    maybe a nice dinner... lol maybe... what do get him for Valentines Day?? I bought a bell last year for him... it says 'ring for sex' ... somehow I think he will be ringing when ever he can!!! >_< lol

haha im sure he will ring as soon as kiddies in bed lol

if i was here we would b just staying at home also due to kiddies would just buy him somthing
  • We plan on going out, not sure where yet, and we might see a movie. We ordered our gifts for eachother friday morning, so that is out of the way. My hubby always has tuseday's off so no worries there; I will still have school before he wakes up though.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    We agreed on no presents this year, but I did get him a nice card. We'll be going to our favorite Thai restaurant for a late lunch. :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Nothing - except for giving my DH a kiss and telling him that I love him.
    We don't usually do much, as it's DH's birthday two days later so we'll go out for a nice dinner on the weekend to celebrate.
  • I don't really like Valentine's day all that much, never have. But the word around the house is that he already bought me a gift. I have absolutely no idea what to get him. I was going to buy him tickets to see one of his favorite bands....but he is planning a trip to see his family that week, so I have to find something else to get him. But I am stumped!! lol
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    I'm making him a nice card. but i work Vday and so does he. and He prolly wont remember any how. so nothing.
    I might go out for a drink with my friend Cinderella.
  • I put together a puzzle, and then painted my favorite picture of my boyfriend and I over it (I'm actually an art major, so it turned out good!). I took apart about forty pieces (it's a 100 piece) and put them in little baggies. I wrote out little rhymes that are clues, and on Valentine's day, I'm going to send him on a scavenger hunt! I'll hide all the little baggies around campus, and it will lead to our favorite place on campus, where I will have a nice little picnic waiting for him :) I hope he likes it!
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Valentine's Day is my birthday, and I've been single for 5 years...so dinner with my Mum!
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Well, it's a Tuesday, so nothing at all really... Work, go home, cook, eat, sleep.
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Well it's kinda awkward for my because it's my boyfriends birthday on the 10th so I'm spoiling him rotten for that...night away at a hotel, meal, pressies etc... But Valentines hmmm not really got a clue, he's surprising me! I've got him some gifts and some cute little night light holders that spell out our little nickname for eachother but other than that I'll have to wait and see! : ) x
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    itsmy daughters school pta meeting lol very romantic ! I have no other plans.... maybe huuby will surprise me, maybe i'll surprise him have no idea what with? maybe get him a balloon delivered to his work, thatll emabrress him tee hee xhave agreat day whatever your doing x
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Lol. I'm going to work. And celebrate being single.
  • Well, probably nothing big. My birthday, unfortunately, is two days after and I don't want my boy friend to waste a ton of money on me. I think we decided to rent some movies, lay in bed all day (once I get home from class), and probably get a pizza delivered (: Not super romantic but being with him is perfection (:
    Also, I'll probably buy him a huge bag of reeces. lol.
  • I shall be cooking my boyfriend a nice meal on Valentines Day! Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni with Napolitana Sauce, and Baked Sweet Potato with a nice salad full of avocado and spinach! He loves that~ still have to think of dessert for him! I've bought him a book he really wants too~

And then it is his turn on Saturday night! He has to plan everything, not sure what he is doing yet, I can't wait for the surprise!
  • cuelgirl
    cuelgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Nothing - except for giving my DH a kiss and telling him that I love him.
    We don't usually do much, as it's DH's birthday two days later so we'll go out for a nice dinner on the weekend to celebrate.

my birthday is on the 16th too :o)