One for the Ladies

Options
Hi all Ive been on here 5 weeks and totally love it but so disappoined this morning at my weigh in Ive put on 2lb... is it possible to do this when its your TOTM?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I would say yes! Just keep on doing the good things you have been doing, and forget the scales for a week, then check again.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? as you have so little to go ,are you eating your exercise calories? are you drinking enough water?

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • lornalozza83
    Options
    i have just recently finished my TOM and although i didn't put any weight on, i didn't lose anything regardless of what i ate ot how much i worked out, I agree stay off the scales for a week (because it can be quite disheartening) and just continue to do what your doing. I know my mum can put on anything between 2-4lb on her TOM, so don't worry xx
  • angiebabes84
    angiebabes84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    totally possible. Everyone is diff, but my mum always puts on, i generally stay the same! Keep going, you might just be a bit bloated! :) x
  • Traceyannesmith46
    Options
    Ive just checked my BMI and its well over. So ive adjusted what I need to lose. Thanks for your reply appreciate it. I dont always eat my exercise calories but I will from now on