Zumba

Options
Whos a fan and have you found that it works? I've been doing Zumba now for the last week.

Replies

• Crystler
    Options
    I am most defentantly a fan, sadly I don't have the tape, but what I am doing is dancing most days. Because it made me loose 15 kilos in 6-12 months. =D Keep going because it does work!
  • starshine420
    Options
    I play it on my kinec, not sure it works, because I do that with a few other things, but it's fun. How have you enjoyed it so far?
  • jessdeweerdt
    Options
    I LOVE zumba.. I used to do it in the gym, and now I have the wii game, which I do like, but it's not the same as the gym.. I have heard of people losing massive amounts with zumba.. I found I definitely feel it especially in the love handle region.. I don't have any measurements to give you, cause I don't do it consistently enough....
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ive been doing it over a year twice a week at a class but i wasnt dieting so didnt lose any weight, im now doing it on the wii and dieting as well and im slowly losing weight, about 2lb a week ive only been on it 4 weeks and ive lost 8.5 lbs so i think it does work combined with the dieting and its so much fun.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and love it. I find that i burn a ton of calories with it as i use a HRM with it. for a 45-min session i can lose near 600 calories. That is all that counts to me :)
  • dizzylloyd
    dizzylloyd Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Back last year I was doing it 3 times a week - in a class and it was fab, I had sooooooo much fun, my body shape changed and i weighed a stone lighter. The weight wasn't falling off me but then I wasn't really trying despite this it was still coming off. I had to stop for health reasons (hence the 1stone gain).

I attend a class once a week now and would like to go more but not quite ready for that yet. I have the wii game - yes its still fun, but not as much fun as a class.

Cheers
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    it is very good for burning calories.
  • It's a great way to get moving, that's for sure. I'm not sure overall how much you lose doing it but anything that gets your heart rate up and your blood pumping is good. Team it with good nutrition and you'll be well on your way, imo :)
  • dciantar
    Options
    I've been doing it for a week in my lounge room, bought the whole package with all the DVDs, took me a while to actually get into but I've done it every day for a week now 20min each time, it takes it out of me, but I love dancing I use to do it in the night clubs dancing all night every weekend so why can't I do Zumba?

I'm enjoying it its fun and motivating, makes you feel good like you have accomplished something, eventually I will take the 20min further.

I want a Zumba body!!
  • dciantar
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and love it. I find that i burn a ton of calories with it as i use a HRM with it. for a 45-min session i can lose near 600 calories. That is all that counts to me :)

Wow 45min! Did you work your way upto that?
  • nixnax
    nixnax Posts: 42
    Options
    I started zumba last Tuesday. I was always nervous that I'd make a fool of myself and that I'd get it all completely wrong. and I did just that. But I loved it. The instructor is really good and so funny.

I'm going again tonight for the 2nd time and I cant wait. I have the bug.
  • samiramom
    samiramom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for over a year about once a week. I do it in a studio as well as I have the tapes for at home (I went through Zumba withdrawal when my instructor took a trip to Cuba...lol) I really enjoy it and find myself looking forward to it each week. It is a nice change from the other cardio and strength work that I do during the week. It's a great calorie blast as well because a 60-minute class can burn 500+ calories...and that's awesome!

The most important thing is that if you enjoy doing something then you will want to do and you will get results...

Continue to have a blast!!
  • dciantar
    Options
    It would be fun in a class with everyone else. I have a 4month old though he keeps me going, makes me laugh he just looks at me as If I'm doing it to entertain him.
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    I have promised my better half that I'd go with her but not so sure lol
  • dciantar
    Options
    Haha I try to rev my partner to do it with me (he's not into dancing at all) and he just laughs at me and thinks its hilarious.
  • Had it for a while now and I love it!! I think its better than normal aerobics, it really gets you moving.
  • dciantar
    Options
    Off to sleep now feel free to add me Zumba lovers :)
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    Trust me it would be hilarious if my 2 left feet started disagreeing! lmao
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    i own both zumba and zumba 2 for the wii...also have the DVD set with toning sticks... love it!!... however i do think the DVD's have more of an impact. you definately feel it working more, and i think its down to using this that i have lost so many inches off my stomach
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I love Zumba! I take a one hour class at the gym 3x a week. And I just got the Zumba Fitness 2 game for the wii... I have played it a couple times and like it, but I like the live classes much better because I feel like I get a better work out. I burn about 600-700 calories in a one hr class! I felt nervous about it the first time I tried it, but it was fun & I realized no one's watching me because they're so busy watching the instructor to get the moves down. It's awesome. And it's helped me lose about 13 lbs in 3 weeks (along with maintaining a 1200 calorie/day diet.)