Valentines... ladies your input please

Options
Valentines this year is on a week day.....

I'm thinking of sending my girlfriend flowers to her work. She works in a large open plan office. Is this a nice gesture or something that will make her embarrassed/awkward?

I wasnt thinking a massive bunch of flowers just something simple.

Thoughts please?

Replies

• TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I would love that! It would embarrass her but it's a GREAT idea :D x

It would make her feel so special xx
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on how she feels about her co-workers. Do they bug her? Does she dread having to talk to them about anything non-work related? I've asked my husband NOT to ever send me flowers at work again because I DON'T want to deal with them any more than I have to.
  • longhop
    Options
    She quite likes the team she works in and next to. I know there is one girl she doesnt get on with well buts its only one person.

Hmmm..... Not sure what to do!
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd love that. She might feel a little embarrassed but she'll also feel so special. It's little things like that, that I think mean a lot. Go for it : )
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    DO IT!! For years, girls in the offices I have worked in have had flowers delivered on valentines and I never have lol! I'd love that. Would make me feel super special :) xx
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I would love that, i am actually debating sending myself flowers as i know my other half wont............ yes im that sad
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would love it!!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I think its a great idea.
  • modgirlrachel
    modgirlrachel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Definitely send them! It is embarrassing but a good kind.
  • I work with all men so would probably be a bit embarrassed but at the same time would feel really really special!! :) That nice kind of embarrassed lol :) x
  • shariTN
    Options
    Attention is often both embarrassing and pleasing! i would say she would love it!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I would hate that. None of us know your girlfriend so you're better off asking one of her friends/mum/sister etc instead of asking a bunch a strangers.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Do it, but on practical note, chose an arrangement that comes in a vase. Keeping flowers in the toilet sink until home time is somewhat unglamorous!
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i would die with embaressment.... but thats just because i would never live it down in my work. x
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I think she will love it. I would.
    just make sure they have a vase or come in one of those packets with water that stand so they wont dry out and wilt over the day!
    And i think your idea of simple especially if you know of a flower she likes is great!
    maybe a scented bunch.
    Good luck and I hope she loves them!
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    One year my husbad sent me flowers and a stuffed bear. I was a little embarressed and my co-workers teased me all but I smiled the whole rest of the day! I thought it was a romantic thing to do but I cant speak for your girlfriend.
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mate it's a real nice idea, a special treat and one she should love. good on you for thinking of that. Her work mates will be jealous! te he
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be embarrassed at all! It would make me feel special. Can't imagine why anyone would feel embarrassed to get flowers in the workplace?!?
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Do it. Simple & romantic. She will love it! The only embarrassment she'll get will be a good type of embarrassment! :smile:
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be embarrassed at all! It would make me feel special. Can't imagine why anyone would feel embarrassed to get flowers in the workplace?!?

same here. I would love it if my husband would sent me flowers :)