over 100lbs to lose and looking for moral support

Options
Hi, I'm Jackie and although i started on here weeks ago yesterday was my first good day. I really want to lose weight but have been finding it hard to get my brain in gear. I'm looking for mutual support from anyone who has a lot of weight to lose.

Replies

• ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    hey!!! good luck on your journey :)

feel free to add me xx
  • HighlandPony17
    HighlandPony17 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie I have 70lbs to lose myself. I just joined MFP last night. I will add you :)
  • angiebabes84
    angiebabes84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hey good luck, i have been on here a few weeks, you will love it. Feel free to add me xx
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, start off slow change your eating first and for most and get the rest of the family involved changing food and watching calories, carbs and sodium is the first biggest thing, one of my friends that was over 400lbs I had him start with that and in a year he lost over 100lbs, he also added 10-15min walks to start after he got his food on track, gotta start slow and work your way up, trust me :)

This is how my weight went.....
    I graduated high school 12yrs ago at 135lbs
    I replaced that habit with food and junk
    I gained 195lbs in the process
    March 2009 I got on track and in 19 months I lost 156lbs
    Then we got buying/selling houses
    I gained some back

This is what I also learned over my journey

females no less than 1200 cals a day
    males no less than 1800 cals a day

why?

if you eat less your body goes into starvation mode which causes it to store which causes weight gain

3500 burned cals = loss on 1lb of fat
    3500 cals = 1lb of fat put on

low carb is key my dietitian says 150 or less per day is a pretty good amount =)

Don't call it a diet just be wise on what you put into your body and treat yourself when you meet your goals

lean meats, red meat and taters 3-4 times in a 2 week period, whole grains keep you fuller longer, heavier meals in the morning, sodium no more than 2400mg a day, fresh fruit and veggies, don't drink you calories, 8+ glasses of water a day, stay away from junk food/fast food/processed food, treat it when you meet your goals, don't eat the samethings daily or do the same workouts or your body will plateau

you can do it! promise!

As I tell everyone im honest ill check your food diary and ill give advice
    ive lost a few friends on MFP that wanted advice then couldn't take it and deleted me
    if you want a friend that will help keep you motivated and look at your diary or when you ask me to check things for you and give you honest feed back feel free to add me
    ive been there and done that, it can be done
    That goes for anyone that needs a buddy

you can do it =)
  • higgi1982
    Options
    Hi good luck , ive got over 100lbs to loose and started yesterday , feel free to add me :smile:
  • mamoojack
    mamoojack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also have a long way to go!!! One pound at a time!!!! Please add me as your friend, I dont know how to do it and I would love to have someone to chat with. I am starting week 3 and have been doing ok. :noway:
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. remember it's an uphill climb but the view from the top is worth it!
    feel free to add me if you want.
    Just remember today doesn't have to be like yesterday.

I have just tried something
    I wrote down my goal, my motivation and my rewards ( have a facial booked for the next 5% lost etc)

then i wrote all my unhealthy habits down (and why i do it )
    e.g secret snacking, weekend binges (left over from boarding school!)

then for each thing i wrote 2-3 ways i can tackle it (change location - no eating in front of TV) change activity - go for a walk change time change quality

each week I am going to focus on one habit but just writing it all down and ways i can help myself has really clarified things and so far (ok only 2 days in ) I am finding it much easier not to talk myself out of being healthy
  • kkepley4299
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey! I started my diet a few weeks ago. I have lost 10 pounds and seem to be stuck at 204. I am mainly doing cardio exercise with a low carb diet.
  • tmzana
    tmzana Posts: 23
    Options
    Good luck with your goal. You can do it. :-) You can add me if you would like!
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. A good support system is the key. Feel free to add me.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. Im halfway to my goal and try and be a great mfp friend :)
    Kimmy
  • nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've got 77lbs still to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend, we need all the encouragement we can get!
    Nikki x
  • cgordon86
    Options
    Good advice....I call this my meal plan, because it is not a diet, it is a new way of eating to make me healthier. I don't deprive if I want something, but I do limit how much I eat if I eat something special. I have lost 21 pounds and that has not happened before. I am lost until I can log in and put my food in the diary. This has helped me make such better choices.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey you can do this... starts with your thinking.... If you think and believe that you can do this.. then you will do it. I'm hear for you; add me as your friend. Set yourself to log on everyday. I myself peaked at 212lbs in Oct 2010. I was borderline diabetic; I said ENOUGH. So I set myself to buckle down and fix it. From Oct - Mar 2011 I worked out at least 1-2 days a week thinking I was doing something; I only lost 4lbs; so I downloaded a app to track my food but it only showed progress in a pie chart. In August of 2011 I came across MFP and been hooked. Being able to see the numbers have greatly aided me in my progress. From Aug until now I've lost 23lbs. I'm now down to 175. My doctor have callenged me to get down to 150 in order to get off of heart/BP medicine; however she has lower the dosage to the lowest possible amount. Once I get off of this medicine (goal is April) I will no longer be on medicine due to my weight. So I encourage you to set a goal and know you will reach it.
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! My goal is a total of 112 lost and I've lost 58 sofar. Feel free to add me! Always happy to cheer people on!!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have 120 lbs to loose! Feel free to add me :)
  • I have over 200lbs to lose... and will be here for a very long time, even WHEN I get healthy!
    So feel free to add me too =)
  • ellacowgirlup
    Options
    Good luck....you can do it!!! I know its tough but get your mind set and work out something everyday....even if its just a walk...good luck ..you can add me if you like
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    oooww me too. I have to lose a lil over 100 pounds. Gah just getting 7 pounds off has been a journey... ugh... LOL but I"m not giving up and neither should you. This site is awesome with all the support and advice that's given and no judgement. I'll send you an invite.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey There - welcome to MFP - I've got about 125 to lose..I started about a month ago - and Im down 9.5 lbs -
    Anyone new feel free to add me - Im also looking for motivational friends to keep me going strong on this journey..

All the best in this journey - you can do this!! :wink: