How did you pick your name?

Options

Replies

• geoscot
    geoscot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m a geographer and my name is Scot. Nope, not Scottish! I'm of German, Irish, Polish decent - but consider myself 100% American.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Mine is the "internet" name I use for everything! My name is Meg and 7399...well that is an inside joke from back in HS. See, back in the day before everyone had these fancy iPhones, my friends and I were the super cool group of pager users! Instead of entering in my home number everytime I paged my BFF I entered 7399 (which spells SEXY on the telephone keypad). She knew who SEXY was and knew who to call! It kinda always stuck!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    im a little boring, mine is my first initial and last name-I was on a diff site for 4+ years and used it and some of my "friends" followed me so I decided to keep it the same so we would know who we were..........a few others did the same, plus.....chunkymonkey was taken! ha ha
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Very boring my initials and the year I joined MFP
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mine is my real name! (I have an awful memory, so if I were to pick anything else, I wouldn't remember it.)
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    mine is my 1st Brand New Car that i bought my self back when i was 17 (ok so my parents had to sign for it but i made the payments until i was 18 and it was signed over to me)...I drove a Green Echo...get it Gecho?:laugh:
    You have to laugh a bunch of high schoolers in their friends new car can come up with some interesting things:smile:
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    Options
    it was my career in the '90s-early 2000s and my name
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    my nick name was given to me by my boyfriend....means "gem" in irish gaelic
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's what my siblings use to call me growing up. Use to make me cry growing up- now it just pushes me to do better.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Besides the training position I am in now, for all my Army career I've been in the Cavalry. When you go to combat with the Cavalry you earn your Gold Spurs. I've been deployed 3 times=GoldspursX3
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Buffett song. "my whole life lies waiting behind doornumber3"
  • my initials and "rugger" is for when i played rugby in high school and college.
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options
    Mine is the name of a character from a short story I wrote way back in the 9th grade (25 years ago!). I have used Mythel (or Mythell or some close variation if someone has already stolen it) ever since. Wow 25 years online with the same avatar name. Nifty.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    The Fantastic Adventures of Unico. >.>; Beezil is my favorite character from that little movie / cartoon series - I use the name Beezil for almost every website I use... and I named one of my cats Beezil.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Easy, I'm a massive Disney fanatic and I am a mommy :)
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    <== couldn't decide on a name, chronically indecisive. and i like waffles. :bigsmile:
  • collarbonescollarbones
    Options
    I think collarbones are beautiful and would love to see my own! (But please don't get me wrong, emancipation isn't...)

Edit: Also the name of my tumblr... that introduced me to MFP :)
  • MissionZero
    Options
    Want to be a size 0
  • Elizadolots
    Options
    My mum sometimes calls me Eliza jokingly. And as my shape is the way it is from doing too little, I thought I'll start doing lots! Being active should turn Eliza Doolittle into a slim and trim Elizadolots! :laugh:
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mine is my name, my last initial and the year I was born...

...my imagination knows no bounds ;)