Ladies...bodyshapers?

Options

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Last time I squeezed into a dress, I used a corset! Not very comfy tho...
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am totally going to get one of these things... I have never seen them before, they're pretty awesome. My bf is going to try to undress me and be like WTF.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    get a whole one piece one, with a built in bra..I got one at JC penny...works great...I wear it for special occasions with dresses and stuff like that =)
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I'm noticing that the Asset and Hanes on Target's web site are a lot cheaper than these other brands. Anybody had a good experience?
  • danielleov
    Options
    I've used the one that goes all the way up under the bra and then into shorts, that is best for a super clingy dress....but I agree if it's rolling then you bought it too small, sorry.....Spanx work as do Hanes (from target)....bring the dress and try them on, it really depends on what you're wearing, I have about 3 different kinds. The shorts are good for Chub Rub (thighs) lol.

Also control top pantyhose that again go all the way up under the bra, are fantastic!!! Just don't wear undies and you won't have any lines! :)
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I'm noticing that the Asset and Hanes on Target's web site are a lot cheaper than these other brands. Anybody had a good experience?

Received this answer on my wall, in case anyone else wondered too:

"I tried Asset (heh, the name makes my inner 12 year old giggle) when I was recently a bridesmaid stuck wearing an unforgiving dress. They worked out fine however it certainly didn't hold up fantastically after washing. If it is something you just need once in a great while, save your cash and buy the cheap stuff. If this is something you'll wear often, buy the Spanx. Spanx and Asset are the same company but very different products quality-wise."
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Victoria Secrets makes and amazing body shaper....expensive but worth it in the end. Or try for a full one with straps, they tend to work better also because they'll hide any back fat, wont move, and make your boobs look nicer

Thanks, I was looking at the one from VS but was hesitant to spend the $$ I did not know anyone that tried them
  • leverspaugh
    leverspaugh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As an aside - the Miraclesuit is THE best swimsuit I have ever owned. I haven't had a swimsuit in probably 20 years and I actually wore this to a public pool last year. I have also, in a pinch, worn it as a body shaper under clothing. It is life-changing. If you hate swimwear, check them out! I bought mine at Lane Bryant last year with a coupon, but I have also seen them online. They run between $100-150 but the confidence gained while wearing it was pretty much priceless!! Good luck in your search. :wink:
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I like Maidenform shapewear! :)
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    High Waisted Spanx...

If your getting the "Power Panty" by Spanx, that's why you are getting the roll. I am really short waisted and it hits me in an awkward place on my belly. I wear the "Higher Power" and they come all the way up to the bottom of my bra. Most of the time I can layer the bottom of my bra over top the Spanx so there is no little speed bump in the back. I have the"Higher Panty" in the biker type short and the "All the Way" hose.

High waist is your friend.

Sources of information: I worked at Lane Bryant for 10 years. I have put more women in Spanx than I care to mention :laugh:
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i would go with a body shaper thats like a mini dress, it has like a girdle inside and is more comfortable because its a solid piece. plus its still sexy when you take off your clothes! doesn't look like a sucker and tucker.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    i would go with a body shaper thats like a mini dress, it has like a girdle inside and is more comfortable because its a solid piece. plus its still sexy when you take off your clothes! doesn't look like a sucker and tucker.

I love these but they slide up from the bottom....I always have to wear a garter with them to keep them from rolling down....
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I don't wear bodyshapers but back in the day I did wear a spanx one for a tight mermaid style dress. The spanx was shorts but it came up all the way up and it would tie in with my bra so it didn't roll down.
    Granted I felt like I had a damn space suit on and could barely breath but it made me smooth.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    tacos....i got nothin'....

Yeah, I hate the way Spanx look on that, too :sick:

Yeah im not a big fan of Spanx......seems like the ladies at the gym are always staring at me....argh so annoying
  • arykh24
    Options
    try the KYMARO body shapers. I have the top only, but you can also get the shorts. I absolutely LOVE it! You wear your own bra with it so you don't have to worry about it making the girls look like flat pancakes. I have a very long torso, and mine goes low enough to button my pants over it, so it smoothes out any muffin top. Check them out online and I have seen their infomercial. Believe it or not, I got mine at Walgreens a few years ago and I still use the same one!
  • AiryM
    AiryM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This may sound funny but after almost trying everything out there, I love under armour compression shorts. I wear them under most dresses and skirts. Granted they are black, but most of what I wear is knee length so I don't have a problem with them showing.
  • florasweets
    florasweets Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use a Spanx that is high waisted and crotch-less.... it looks like the one in the link I'm including.
    I love that it's crotchless... nothing worse than rolling the shaper down and back up!!

http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4058277&cp=2992553.11585916&view=all&parentPage=family

hope this helps =)
  • TMayfield42
    Options
    Thanks for asking this questions, I'm struggling with this same thing and I don't want to waist my money.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options

I love these but they slide up from the bottom....I always have to wear a garter with them to keep them from rolling down....
    i have one that has a huge rubber like piece around the bottom that holds tight so it wont move.. i think i got it at VS i get most things from there. The material is like what you see in the top of thigh highs, idk what you would call it, silicone or something like that. I promise if you get a good one it wont move! EVER ! lol. Add the thigh highs with this while youre at it, ohh so sexy mama!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Look into Flexees. I absolutely love them and they have all types www.maidenform.com. They are also available at jcpenny, macys, etc...

Not to be off topic at all.......... but those shoes are HOT!!!!!!!!! I want them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!