How do you log P90X workouts?

Options
Hey guys!:) I'm having a little confusion over how to log my p90x workouts. I don't have a heart rate monitor. So I don't know how many cals I'm burning. I've been using mfp's built-in "circuit training" option under the cardiovascular section in my diary each day, but the problem with this is I don't know if I should be entering in the full workout time (including warm up and cool down,) or sorta guessing at subtracting a few minutes from the time I enter (so that I'm not cheating and giving myself extra calories for work I didn't do.). I hope this makes sense. Please help.
:)

Replies

• brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've found (using a chest-strap heart rate monitor) that I burn around 300 cals doing the strength workouts and around 500 on the cardio ones like plyo and kenpo. From what I've read, most people seem to average around the same. Of course, you'll burn more if you weigh a lot more--I'm 125 pounds, just for reference--but I'd think that your burn would be similar to the above figures. I use the "create exercise" option and log the calories burned. I hope that this helps a little.
  • AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yah, what the PP said is pretty accurate and similar to what I burn with strength and cardio. I'm doing P90X2, did an hour of Chest + Back + Balance and burned 259 calories and I weigh 130 lbs. It's mostly an upper body workout, so my calorie burn was probably a little lower than if it had incorporated more upper and lower body.

If you can get one, definitely invest in a heart rate monitor. I've had mine since 2004 and I love it. :)

Alissa
    www.alissaangelo.com
  • RattieLove
    Options
    Okay thanks guys :) I'm around 125 lbs...to be safe should I just log 250 for those strength days and log 450 for the cardio days?:)