Taxes

Options

Replies

• Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    Buying an HRM and a new pair of walking shoes. Probably getting the serpentine belt replaced on my car before it decides to break. Paying off my credit cards, and putting some money towards a week long trip to Germany later this year to see my son and his family who are stationed over there!!!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I'm putting all of mine towards my car payment.. :glasses:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Nope, gonna bank it when it comes in next week.

I wish I had the strength

guess it depends on what you bought?

I'm banking 1/3 of mine, the other 2/3 is paying off two cards.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone....why is it the more you make the less you get back? I have a friend who got back almost $10,000 and neither her or husband barely worked last year...wtf? We are using it to pay our little girl's school tuition off, pay off the credit cards we racked up last year and hopefully will have enough to get carpet in the our soon to be master bedroom that we have been working on for the last 3 years!! Hopefully we get what we got back last year!!
    That's why on my little cash transactions, I slip that money right in my pocket.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ours is spent on our first installment of our property taxes.
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    wth is a refund when you have teenagers???
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    It goes in the bank.
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have no idea how much we're getting, but whatever the amount, it is already spent. :( Putting some up for our cruise in May, paying off my son's hospital bills, buying our Alabama football season tix (Roll Tide!), and then the rest towards our credit card.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    wth is a refund when you have teenagers???

You're doing it wrong. Have more kids. It's free money. It's the American way!

:/
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I was using TurboTax and it was going to cost almost my whole refund just to prepare and file with them. Noooo thank you. I work for a library foundation and I know that I can go into the library and get all the forms I need, as well as directions on how to fill them out myself. So I'm doing that this year, for the first time ever. But, I also don't have anything complicated.

If you make less than $31k you can use the "Freedom Edition" of TurboTax and file federal and state for free. That's what I do.

Mine is already spent. If it's not paying the rent, it's paying the medical bills.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Refund???? WTF is that??? :laugh:

Thats what I was thinking!!!! LOL I am just hoping we don't owe a lot this year!!

This
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Mine is filed, back, and mostly spent... there are a LOT of expenses associated with a wedding... SMH
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Mine is going in the vacation fund.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i just did my taxes and i'm getting a bit under the $10k mark.... so yeah, not spent yet but I'm going to do something fun and exciting with it.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Still waiting on some financial forms. We're getting back WAY too much. I like getting back a bit, probably around $1000 or so but this last year was just too much. It will go into savings.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Still waiting on some financial forms. We're getting back WAY too much. I like getting back a bit, probably around $1000 or so but this last year was just too much. It will go into savings.

I'll take some of it off your hands.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I was using TurboTax and it was going to cost almost my whole refund just to prepare and file with them. Noooo thank you. I work for a library foundation and I know that I can go into the library and get all the forms I need, as well as directions on how to fill them out myself. So I'm doing that this year, for the first time ever. But, I also don't have anything complicated.

If you make less than $31k you can use the "Freedom Edition" of TurboTax and file federal and state for free. That's what I do.

Mine is already spent. If it's not paying the rent, it's paying the medical bills.

Thank you!! I have never heard of that before! Sneaky TurboTax people... I make well under 31K so I should be good to go. Will check it out when I get home from work!!!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    putting it towards a much needed truck and catching up on bills (:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

Doh, I feel like a tard. We make about 27000... and I had no idea. Oh well.

Ours is all going towards my school tuition because I'm tired of paying for loans. :ohwell:
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    I came on this thread because I thought it said "Texas"

*Disappointment*

:)