starting the 30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels

Options
So I am looking for people who are doing the shred, have done it, or will start it with me. I NEED SUPPORT!! I have never been good at sticking to my workouts. Any advice would be welcomed... Did it work for you? Is it working for you? Let me know. I would love to hear from you all!

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3. This is the first time I have done a home workout DVD, never thought I would be able to be motivated enough to do it and stick with it. I am seeing progress. I highly recommend pressing through. I was very sore after Day 2, so I took a rest day then continued the next. I usually take one rest day a week, and work out for 6. After several days I was definitely stronger. I could barely do a modified pushup on my knees when I started, but by about day 5, I could do some non modified. As you get into Level 2 or 3, if you cannot do some of the moves, do as much as you can, but substitute something else if you have to. On level 3, there is a cardio move that is too high impact for me, so instead I do the boxing move and add my own kicks, just to keep moving and keep heart rate up.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try it starting tonight. I heard it's hard but I need it.
  • Aesto
    Aesto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try it starting tonight. I heard it's hard but I need it.

I have heard that it's hard as well. I am a little nervous. I'm glad we can be here to support each other!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous too but I think we can do this!
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    There is a group for February 30 Shred. Chek out Groups.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've ordered the dvd and am waiting for it to arrive! It should be here sometime this week. I'm excited to start it! I've heard good things about the workouts :)
  • toriann143
    Options
    I just started it, today actually. I just finished and it kicked my butt! I pushed through though. You can do it :)
  • nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    today will be day 3 of level one for me. i am soooooooooooooooooooo sore i can barely walk. i have NO clue how I am gonna do it tonight when i get off work.
  • brewdays
    brewdays Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My wife and i just started this this morning and hope to do it every morning before the kids get out of bed.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    today will be day 3 of level one for me. i am soooooooooooooooooooo sore i can barely walk. i have NO clue how I am gonna do it tonight when i get off work.

I took a rest day after day 2 because I could barely walk and then continued, after that I had no problems.
  • FAVORED1
    FAVORED1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Third time around and loveeee it! I started this series on level 3 and added a weight vest and medicine ball to add some challenge. Stick withit... You'll be glad your did. ;0)
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I started it last night..I'm sore this morning but whoa what a workout!
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am on my 2nd round. I did it straight through in January and had wonderful results so I am doing in February but upping my weights and changing the schedule a little.
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I did a search for the group but it never came up. :sad:
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is hard but it will get easier. Then you'll move up a level and think you are going to die again. I just started level 3 yesterday. My advice would be to not worry about doing it in 30 days and make it work for you. I don't have the time or motivation to do it every day so I do it on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. I did each level about 2 weeks (six times each). When I get through level 3 and feel more comfortable with it I will either start over and rotate levels every week or every day depending on my interest.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Did day 3 of level 1 today. I am less sore than yesterday. Just do as much as you can each day. Push yourself & you will be feel good.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    hi im currently just starting level 2 and i can already see a massive difference in my body, i have done the first 10days before and got bored but im sticking with it this time feel free to add me anyone :happy:
  • nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    those crunches are NO joke. and the lunges. dear lordy. KICKS MY *kitten*!!!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options

I did a search for the group but it never came up. :sad:

It is called 30 Day Shred in Feb
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just started level two yesterday and feel like death is a possiblity again. However, I am determined to make it through. The results I see already are totally worth it.