RED TEAM WEEK 7

Options

Replies

• MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    So, I need to vent. Sorry. Feel free to ignore me.

I had to get weighed at the hospital today because the nurses are stupid and don't care that they weighed me last thursday. Nope. Not good enough for them. Usually, that scale is about the same as my home scale (give or take 1 pound). At 2pm today their scale said I was 185 (as compared to 180 on Monday). :sad: Now, granted I have to consider a) it was the afternoon, b) it should almost be my TOM (perhaps...? i really have no clue, actually, because it's been really messed up the past few months), c) normal fluctuation. But, I also have to consider a) I have no exercised since Monday morning, b) I stupidly agreed to have the kitchen send me up a piece of chocolate cake last night. Yes, I gave in. When my food gets delivered to my hospital room, they always ask me if I want cake. ALWAYS! And never anyone else. Just me, because they are so nice and unforunately know me. So I gave in and accepted the piece. It was big. And not too bad, as far as hospital food goes. But man, I should not have eaten it. :sad: I failed.

So now i'm annoyed. And sad with my weight. Because then my least favorite doctor comes in and goes "I thought you were trying to lose weight, or at least, avoid gaining with the new medications - what's this all about now?". Because last thursday they weighed me at 179. UGH! SO MAD! :explode:

So when the people brought my lunch and the lady goes, "would you like a brownie this evening, hun?", I almost snapped back "NO!" But instead I just calmly said, "No thanks, an apple would be nice, though!".

I really, really, really hope I'm still around 180 and not at 185. :grumble: That would be SO frustrating.

In better news, I might get to go home tomorrow afternoon if I can pretend that I feel ok. (Don't yell at me! I know it's not good to pretend to feel fine so that I can leave, but there's nothing they can do, so there's no reason for me to be here!).

Jess - I think I left you a longer comment somewhere here this morning, but let us know how you make out at the doctor. :flowerforyou:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Also Mel, if they have you on an iv drip (saline?) that can give you some extra fluid weight. I hope you get to go home soon, hospitals are no fun.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    omg so many posts!
    lol
    but today i woke up with no energy at all...
    im super tired...
    so im laying in bed watching the lakers parade lol
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So, I need to vent. Sorry. Feel free to ignore me.

I had to get weighed at the hospital today because the nurses are stupid and don't care that they weighed me last thursday. Nope. Not good enough for them. Usually, that scale is about the same as my home scale (give or take 1 pound). At 2pm today their scale said I was 185 (as compared to 180 on Monday). :sad: Now, granted I have to consider a) it was the afternoon, b) it should almost be my TOM (perhaps...? i really have no clue, actually, because it's been really messed up the past few months), c) normal fluctuation. But, I also have to consider a) I have no exercised since Monday morning, b) I stupidly agreed to have the kitchen send me up a piece of chocolate cake last night. Yes, I gave in. When my food gets delivered to my hospital room, they always ask me if I want cake. ALWAYS! And never anyone else. Just me, because they are so nice and unforunately know me. So I gave in and accepted the piece. It was big. And not too bad, as far as hospital food goes. But man, I should not have eaten it. :sad: I failed.

So now i'm annoyed. And sad with my weight. Because then my least favorite doctor comes in and goes "I thought you were trying to lose weight, or at least, avoid gaining with the new medications - what's this all about now?". Because last thursday they weighed me at 179. UGH! SO MAD! :explode:

So when the people brought my lunch and the lady goes, "would you like a brownie this evening, hun?", I almost snapped back "NO!" But instead I just calmly said, "No thanks, an apple would be nice, though!".

I really, really, really hope I'm still around 180 and not at 185. :grumble: That would be SO frustrating.

In better news, I might get to go home tomorrow afternoon if I can pretend that I feel ok. (Don't yell at me! I know it's not good to pretend to feel fine so that I can leave, but there's nothing they can do, so there's no reason for me to be here!).

Jess - I think I left you a longer comment somewhere here this morning, but let us know how you make out at the doctor. :flowerforyou:

OH NO :( Your doctor sounds very mean! You're trying, but how can he expect you to lose weight when you've been in the hospital and they're offering you all this bad food?! :angry: I would just take it with a grain of salt and dont' even worry about it! You'll get back on track, but you need to worry about your health and getting better first :smile:
  • vanimami
    Options
    So, are you all weighing yourself everyday or once a week? And are you only counting your weight for that "once a week" weigh in? My weight has been fluctuating lately and I'm not sure if I just shouldn't weight myself until a week or count my actual weight only on Mondays? I was 149 on Monday and now I'm 150 :grumble: and I REFUSE to change my little ticker! What do you guys do and what should I be doing?

I don't weigh myself everyday, as humans are weight fluctuates 2 pounds up or down through out the day/week. Its important to weigh yourself at about the same time every time you weigh to get an accurate measure. I only weigh myself on Mondays in the morning at 7:00 as apart of my morning routine.

Yeah, I know it fluctuates, but I just don't want to believe it :grumble: I usually weigh myself in the morning after my workouts everyday, so I will try and not do it as often.
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Mel--don't worry about the cake! we're human! sometimes we need that little slice of heaven...you only had one piece, after all!

WELL....back from the doc. said it was my cartilage and stuff...just screaming out in pain from pounding the pavement so much with all this weight. had x-rays, and everything looked good, so that is really good news. he suggested i switch my exercise up, since after all, all i've been doing is walking/jogging basically....he also suggested that I go see a place where they do custom orthotics (sp?) and get my alignment checked and maybe get inserts. and even better news...i got praised for my weight loss! from the nurse and the doc! (it was a different doc than i usually see!)
    but the last time i was at the doc was december 2007, and since then i have lost 30 pounds! I had no idea I had even weighed that much at that time..!!! so I am feeling a little better :smile: even though only 15 of those were in the last 6 weeks

I gotta print my paper and get ready for class....have a great day, everyone!!
  • vanimami
    Options
    Mel--don't worry about the cake! we're human! sometimes we need that little slice of heaven...you only had one piece, after all!

WELL....back from the doc. said it was my cartilage and stuff...just screaming out in pain from pounding the pavement so much with all this weight. had x-rays, and everything looked good, so that is really good news. he suggested i switch my exercise up, since after all, all i've been doing is walking/jogging basically....he also suggested that I go see a place where they do custom orthotics (sp?) and get my alignment checked and maybe get inserts. and even better news...i got praised for my weight loss! from the nurse and the doc! (it was a different doc than i usually see!)
    but the last time i was at the doc was december 2007, and since then i have lost 30 pounds! I had no idea I had even weighed that much at that time..!!! so I am feeling a little better :smile: even though only 15 of those were in the last 6 weeks

yay, at least it wasn't bad. I also had knee problems before REALLY bad and it actually was just that I had a tight IT band. By the way, I saw a doctor and they recommended physical therapy which was a waste. I ended up going to a running shoe store where they fit you for running shoes and he told me what my problem was. The solution? A foam roller. You lie on your side and just roll on the roller from your knee up to your upper thigh. Guess what, when I did that, no more pain :) So, that may be an option for you to look into :) good job on losing 15 pounds in 6 weeks, phew, wish I could do it!
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options

I bought diabetic shoes with added arch support and they have been a great relief for me on my back, legs and feet.
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Thanks Liz, Vani, and Jess.

Possibly going home tomorrow. So long as nothing ELSE bad happens between now and the morning.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    I'm so excited I found my workout pants. I thought I had all the clothes out and put away when we moved (almost 4 months ago) but apparently I forgot that I had shoved clothes in the suitcase and I found them, along with my fav pair of pj's that I had been looking for :laugh:

No more wearing jeans to exercise! woo hoo! :bigsmile:
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Since its hump day, I'm starting to think about what my next week challenge should be. I've done good on adding more vegetables to my diet and have gotten my three servings a day deal. Anyone have any ideas for next week?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Since its hump day, I'm starting to think about what my next week challenge should be. I've done good on adding more vegetables to my diet and have gotten my three servings a day deal. Anyone have any ideas for next week?

If it hasn't already been done, how about something like make sure you get in at least 3-4 days of cardio.

Random question - aunt flo just stopped by for the week :laugh:. Is everything they say about how you hold onto weight until that crazy woman leaves and then you start dropping again? I haven't been able to shake an ounce off in the last 4 days and I was getting really frustrated. Should I just hang tight for a week and hope my body will go back to losing or do I need to kick it up a notch?
  • alisha11
    alisha11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ahh I also forgot to weigh in! :ohwell: But question what time is best to weigh in, I just ate so I'm thinking doing it right now probably wouldn't be a good idea right?
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Alisha, I usually weigh in the morning.

Liz, I would hang tight for a week or so and just keep doing what you're doing. But that's just me...
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options

If it hasn't already been done, how about something like make sure you get in at least 3-4 days of cardio.

Random question - aunt flo just stopped by for the week :laugh:. Is everything they say about how you hold onto weight until that crazy woman leaves and then you start dropping again? I haven't been able to shake an ounce off in the last 4 days and I was getting really frustrated. Should I just hang tight for a week and hope my body will go back to losing or do I need to kick it up a notch?

If anything. I would assume your still losing weight even with your best friend there. and by the time your done you'll probably drop a few extra because your not so bloated.

Also everyone I noticed there are alot of questions about fluctuating weights and the like. I posted a link in the other thread I am gonna post it again. Lemme get it.

Edit:
    Here it is http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

Hopefully unlike the other thread it doesn't give a link to this thread.
  • alisha11
    alisha11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ok I weighed myself but I'm really confused either my scale is off or my first reading was anyways...
    229lbs
  • vanimami
    Options
    This is only my 2nd week and it's already getting tough for me guys. I"ve been working out and eating, but the past 2 days I feel like going home and eating everything in site :grumble: I haven't, however, but I"m still very much tempted. I have a feeling it's going to be a tough next few weeks, but once I conquer my bad habits, I will be fine. It's just another hurdle I have to climb....sorry I had to say all of this out loud :tongue:

Also, to make matters worse, I didn't get up in time to work out this morning. I will walk on my lunch hour, but that still leaves me to have to work out in the evenings, so I will have to go for a run in the hot and with this wind :sick: It's like running in water...BOO! Oh well, at least it's a work out :ohwell:
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    This is only my 2nd week and it's already getting tough for me guys. I"ve been working out and eating, but the past 2 days I feel like going home and eating everything in site :grumble: I haven't, however, but I"m still very much tempted. I have a feeling it's going to be a tough next few weeks, but once I conquer my bad habits, I will be fine. It's just another hurdle I have to climb....sorry I had to say all of this out loud :tongue:

Also, to make matters worse, I didn't get up in time to work out this morning. I will walk on my lunch hour, but that still leaves me to have to work out in the evenings, so I will have to go for a run in the hot and with this wind :sick: It's like running in water...BOO! Oh well, at least it's a work out :ohwell:

Vani...
    Don't worry about it girl. You are only in your 2nd week! As long as you keep up with your eating and exercising, this gets alot easier....trust me!! You can do it!! :happy: Just remember any workout is better than no workout!! Like I always say...moderation is key! We are all here to help you.:flowerforyou:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    Alisha, I usually weigh in the morning.

Liz, I would hang tight for a week or so and just keep doing what you're doing. But that's just me...

Ok I'm gonna try my best to exercise this week. (Its not the first thing on my mind when I'm in pain lol) I got in a workout monday and tuesday. I skipped yesterday but I'm gonna try today and tomorrow. Hopefully next week I'll see my work pay off. *keeping my fingers crossed*
  • vanimami
    Options

Vani...
    Don't worry about it girl. You are only in your 2nd week! As long as you keep up with your eating and exercising, this gets alot easier....trust me!! You can do it!! :happy: Just remember any workout is better than no workout!! Like I always say...moderation is key! We are all here to help you.:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the support. It makes me feel better that others have been where I am and that it DOES get better. We have cake here (yes I had a mini piece :embarassed:) and it is calling my name. I am doing whatever I can to stay strong. I know it will be worth it in the long run, so I just have to look down the road and not be in the "now" :smile:

and Yes a work out is a work out, but I work out so much that sometimes I think some stuff just isn't enough...I have to get out of that mentality....:ohwell: