Fighting unnecessary hunger!

Options
2»

Replies

• a_acosta80
    Options
    I drink water with lemon. It helps a lot!!
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I crochet. It's hard to stuff your face when both hands are busy.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I find that when I am at work I get hungry. I guess since I have a desk job that requires me to stay in a certain area unless for breaks or lunch. I find myself wanting to snack more often. I bought 100 calories snacks to eat better but my 100 calorie snack turns into a 300 plus calorie snack. I find on the days that i shred paper and clean my office I snack less. Though you can do that so often. If you have any suggestions on how to curb/stop it I would appreciate it. Thanks
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I find that the only and I mean ONLY way to stop me from eating when I'm bored is go shopping!! Yes, u heard me right, SHOPPING! If I keep busy just looking even if I don't buy then I get out of the mood to binge eat.

I ALSO DO THAT ALOT!!!
    best distraction everrrr ! And then instead of being miserable and hungry i am happy because i have nice new clothes or other purchases :) bit of an expensive distraction though!
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I down a bottle of cold cold water and then find something to do for about 20 minutes. It usually passes!
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Protein will help...try a smoothie!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Use the acronym H.A.L.T. When you feel this way as yourself the following questions: Am I Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired? If you answer anything other than hungry you shouldn't eat.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    gum or green tea with a few drops of lemon stops the hunger.
  • MrsAbbott18
    Options
    MINTY GUM!! :) It takes the cravings away.. and when I'm craving that Large Sweet Tea from Mcdonalds I gulp down some water.. usually takes it right away!! Hope this helps!
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I often can't control myself, but I found that sometimes a cup of tea with a strong flavour (peppermint, strawberry, vanilla.. whatever flavour does not go well with the food you crave) helps me fighting the urge to eat when I'm not hungry.

This is what I do. I just boil water with two tea bags in it, and add 2 packets of truvia sweetener and two teaspoons of raw sugar. Sweet and tasty with only about thirty calories(from the sugar) and i can sip on it forever!

Also, I will peel an apple and core it and slice it and finally eat it. I think when you have to take so long to prepare a food, it's better because you are keeping busy. As long as it is a low calorie healthy food!
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    do push ups.

all evening???
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    depends. is it eating just to eat, or are you actually hungry and concerned about calories?

I would say that for people like me, I like to eat a lot and all throughout the day. I hate having really large meals except breakfast b/c that means I can't snack. so if you like to constantly eat just spread your food options for the day over 2-3hours
  • cbrewer904
    Options
    BUMP
  • radiantlybelle
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice. I GREATLY appreciate it!