Dr. Oz show

Options
13»

Replies

• JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am so embarrassed for the women drooling over him. It's quite pathetic.

I agree with many others here - sorry. I recently saw part of a show "Lose the Belly Fat". He had the audience filled with women in sport bras and leggings. Some came up to the microphone holding their belly fat pleading with him for ideas on how to get rid of it. It was obvious that 95% of them were overweight and just had to lose the damn weight. He was sickingly sympathetic with them and I just wanted to puke :sick:
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @Ron- your profile picture says it all and so does your lack of weight lose. Negativity never got anybody anywhere. Let me ask you something, What's your secret to your moumentual lose of pounds??????

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I appreciate the responses. But the negative people could have saved their responses.

-Thanks
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    In Dr.Oz We Trust
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I'm always amused by the skeptics and haters on posts such as this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, BUT, the thing is though, those who are skeptics of Dr Oz and things like supplements (raspberry ketones...etc etc) are the ones who SUPPLEMENT themselves. Go figure! :tongue:
    Personally, I don't mind Dr Oz.. Of the shows I have watched, he has valid info for nutrition. He suggests food for healing instead of going for prescribed alternatives. Nothing wrong with that. Isn't it better to gain knowledge about food/nutrition instead of always stumbling along not knowing or being un-successful?

The closed mind, if closed long enough, can be opened by nothing short of dynamite.
    Gerald W. Johnson

Hm. Call me close minded, but I really enjoy common sense and reading peer-reviewed studies before jumping on the "ZOMG! Dr. Oz said it so it must be FACT! train"

Questioning the supplementation of credible vitamins and minerals which have mountains of evidence (human evidence, that is) for their importance in the diet - Vitamin D (lack of sunlight in winter, low levels as tested in the blood), fish oil, and a daily multivitamin.

or...

Questionable herbal supplements with lacking medical or scientific evidence of their efficacy in humans that Dr. Oz decides to pimp on his television show.

Ho-kay then.

You're comparing apples and oranges here. Show me peer-reviewed studies that support the supplementation of raspberry ketones and then you can call me close-minded.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm always amused by the skeptics and haters on posts such as this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, BUT, the thing is though, those who are skeptics of Dr Oz and things like supplements (raspberry ketones...etc etc) are the ones who SUPPLEMENT themselves. Go figure! :tongue:
    Personally, I don't mind Dr Oz.. Of the shows I have watched, he has valid info for nutrition. He suggests food for healing instead of going for prescribed alternatives. Nothing wrong with that. Isn't it better to gain knowledge about food/nutrition instead of always stumbling along not knowing or being un-successful?

The closed mind, if closed long enough, can be opened by nothing short of dynamite.
    Gerald W. Johnson

Hm. Call me close minded, but I really enjoy common sense and reading peer-reviewed studies before jumping on the "ZOMG! Dr. Oz said it so it must be FACT! train"

Questioning the supplementation of credible vitamins and minerals which have mountains of evidence (human evidence, that is) for their importance in the diet - Vitamin D (lack of sunlight in winter, low levels as tested in the blood), fish oil, and a daily multivitamin.

or...

Questionable herbal supplements with lacking medical or scientific evidence of their efficacy in humans that Dr. Oz decides to pimp on his television show.

Ho-kay then.

You're comparing apples and oranges here. Show me peer-reviewed studies that support the supplementation of raspberry ketones and then you can call me close-minded.

LOL, you may want to read my response again. I am not close minded about supplements. I just said that those who bash supplements are the ones who are usually taking them. I myself supplement...take flax oil, zinc, and probiotics.

ALSO, I never said to jump on the Dr Oz "fact train"...I simply stated that he uses food for healing the body. For instance, I eat certain foods to heal my skin when I break out in eczema...whilst certain foods trigger the skin condition. Yes, food can heal certain conditions. All what you put on the inside to help the outside. Sheesh!

As for close minded...you answered that for yourself by not truly reading what I said.. :smile:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago, HCG was the big drama in threads. I see that now it's Dr. Oz. :laugh:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

Gerald W. Johnson

or...

Ho-kay then.

LOL, you may want to read my response again. I am not close minded about supplements. I just said that those who bash supplements are the ones who are usually taking them. I myself supplement...take flax oil, zinc, and probiotics.

ALSO, I never said to jump on the Dr Oz "fact train"...I simply stated that he uses food for healing the body. For instance, I eat certain foods to heal my skin when I break out in eczema...whilst certain foods trigger the skin condition. Yes, food can heal certain conditions. All what you put on the inside to help the outside. Sheesh!

As for close minded...you answered that for yourself by not truly reading what I said.. :smile:

You quoted "those who are skeptics of Dr Oz and things like supplements (raspberry ketones...etc etc) are the ones who SUPPLEMENT themselves. Go figure!"

And then you go on to claim Dr. Oz points out valid information about nutrition.

No, not close minded but questioning your message and your previous responses on this thread.

But yeah, hey, call me whatever you want. It's a forum, I'll get over it.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I've got ocean front property in Arizona...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't take the supplements..I like to eat the actual food, like raspberries and cannellini beans (not together!)

I actually like Dr. Oz, but he recommends SO many supplements, you would have to spend a lot of money and time buying and organizing and taking them.

I am sure that raspberries and cannellini beans would actually be great together in a salad with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and fresh ground pepper.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't disagree that there are some informative episodes of Dr. Oz...but always do your research first before trying something new that can affect your body & health.

No matter if he has Dr. in his title or not, it is always good to get a second (third, or even fourth) opinion.
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Does anyone watch Dr. Oz? Today's show was really informative. I'm going to try the raspberry ketones, and maybe the white kidney bean extract for my thunder thighs......

Just be careful the white kidney bean extract can give you gas!
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I watch and couple and they were interesting
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Dr. Oz show, and I don't give a damn if nobody likes him. Just because you watch the show doesn't mean that you have to fall for any of the supplement advertising/marketing, or do everything he tells you to do, that's entirely up to you. It's still a good show to watch. It's informative for the most part, it's fun, and I love when he busts out the gloves and fondles organs. It's delicious. And I've always wanted to be a surgeon, so that explains that. lmao
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i dont take everything he says to heart..i do try things though sometimes..i tried safslim .. i wanted to see if it worked and it didnt .dont buy it and dont waste your money..im fortunate to have some money to burn now and then so then i let everyone know if something worked or not so they dont have to waste theirs.. safslim does not work and you can tell dr oz i said that
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love Dr. Oz and DVR his show every day to watch. I was also intrigued by the Raspberry Ketones... :) He does recommend a lot of supplements and obviously if I went out and bought each one I'd be broke and out of room in my medicine cabinet but it's still a fun show to watch.